ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Davis Jr & Antoine

mohoosier

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 6, 2001
Florida
Flew into LA yesterday and was not having a good go of it - I’ll spare you. Was waiting in a car rental shop for my car and a young man walked up to me, pointed at my shirt (I always wear a long sleeve IU hoodie on plane flights because they keep it so damn cold), smiled and said I’m Mike Davis Jr. I was taken aback, being where I was in LA (long story), shook hands and just said wow it’s great to meet you. He looked over his right shoulder and said that’s Antoine over there. I just laughed.

Obviously, they look nothing like they did when we all were first introduced to the Davis family, and I was having serious good flashbacks there in that moment with those two. They couldn’t have been more kind and genuine, two solid young men that I’m sure their Dad is very proud of.

I just got honest and said “your Dad found himself in a very tough situation but handled it with the ultimate grace. I always thought a lot of your Dad and especially his passion for the game. Please tell him thank you for his years at IU.” They smiled and said they would. I ended it with telling them how cool this was to meet them and thanks for coming over to introduce yourselves.

Made my day.

I took a cool picture of them but have no idea how to upload it here or if that’s even possible? I don’t have a site to post it to for a link so I’m not sure?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News