ADVERTISEMENT

Meanwhile, back at the ranch . . .

You say no, yet your first numbered point says yes.
Sigh!

I happened to list it randomly, and naturally, "femaleness" came first because the topic of the discussion was just that. To satisfy your perfect holiness, I will restate:
  1. she is a Democrat.
  2. she has phony smile.
  3. she is a female. Conservatives are a long way to go to accept a female to the highest office in the land.
Are you happy now or do you have another nit-picking?
Good Lord, what has this board become? Aloha has become Rev. Van!:(

It is one of several I listed. Do you really think people did not think that is one of the negative criteria for a POTUS, especially the hardcore Trump voters? Be honest!
You implied all opposition to her was based on sexism. You at least didn’t leave the possibility open that it could be something else - like disagreeing with the majority of he policies, or not caring for her body of work.

Sigh!

I happened to list it randomly, and naturally, "femaleness" came first because the topic of the discussion was just that. To satisfy your perfect holiness, I will restate:
  1. she is a Democrat.
  2. she has phony smile.
  3. she is a female. Conservatives are a long way to go to accept a female to the highest office in the land.
No. I don’t believe number 3 is true. Haven’t you seen polls for Condi Rice as a possible Republican candidate? We’ve elected several Republican Governors too. You’re portraying the cartoonish version of Republicans that exists in your head - the sexist, racist Republicans.

Sigh!

1. she is a Democrat.
  2. she has phony smile.

Why don't you mention she's a liberal?

No. I don’t believe number 3 is true. Haven’t you seen polls for Condi Rice as a possible Republican candidate? We’ve elected several Republican Governors too. You’re portraying the cartoonish version of Republicans that exists in your head - the sexist, racist Republicans.

Nikki Haley polls well also. And not only is she female, she is a . . . . . .gasp . . . . .a hyphenated American and her dad wore a turban.

Sigh!

1. she is a Democrat.
  2. she has phony smile.
And you’re in deep denial if you don’t think PART of the opposition and attacks on Hillary were misogynist. In this very thread we have a Trump supporter calling her a drunken hag.

And you’re in deep denial if you don’t think PART of the opposition and attacks on Hillary were misogynist. In this very thread we have a Trump supporter calling her a drunken hag.
I don’t understand what value this line of discussion provides. Do you have good data that a statistically significant reason for people voting against Hillary is that she is a She?

The longer the Dems get caught up in identity politics and not understanding how to run better candidates is how much longer we will be ruled by the #NewGOP.

I don’t understand what value this line of discussion provides. Do you have good data that a statistically significant reason for people voting against Hillary is that she is a She?

The longer the Dems get caught up in identity politics and not understanding how to run better candidates is how much longer we will be ruled by the #NewGOP.
The Dems should emphasize good public policy and equitable enforcement of laws that benefit all. But the reality is that white identity and gender politics are at the core of Trumpism and the #NewGOP. I don't think we can ignore that reality either.
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...outh-african-farmers-started-on-the-far-right

I couldn’t agree more. I get DNC fundraising emails on a daily basis, as I’m sure a lot of people here do as well. I read most of them, but only act on an occasional few. The ones that completely turn me off are the ones that have a laundry list of congressional candidates across the country, listing their “uniqueness” as the main selling point. Things like “The first Muslim American”,” African American female”, “Transgender candidate”, “Gay candidate”, etc. I’m a Democrat, and it’s a turn off.

I wholeheartedly believe in diversity, but that should be a byproduct of believing in strength in cultural diversity, not an engineered or manufactured end in itself.

With that said, I believe a 2020 Democratic ticket of Biden, O’Malley, Sherrod Brown, or Tim Ryan at the top of the ticket, with Kampala Harris as the VP choice, covers all the bases and would be unbeatable for any Republican.

With that said, I believe a 2020 Democratic ticket of Biden, O’Malley, Sherrod Brown, or Tim Ryan at the top of the ticket, with Kampala Harris as the VP choice, covers all the bases and would be unbeatable for any Republican.
You are dreaming!
Our esteemed president has been saying for over a year and half that he has been doing a great job. He says everybody acknowledges that. Apparently, you are not everybody.

He wouldn't lie, would he? ;)

Reactions: Morrison
Sure. Some disliked her because she's a woman. That's NOT what I was arguing against. What I'm arguing against is the constant snarky and witless posts that Republicans disliked Obama because he was brown skinned or Republicans opposed HRC because she's a woman. It's nonsense and it's irritatingly juvenile.

“Drunken hag” is way over the top. I’d call her a lush.

1. Don't know. This link provides a couple of advisors, one a lawyer, to the campaign with last names that start with "W": https://ballotpedia.org/Donald_Trump_presidential_campaign_key_staff_and_advisors,_2016

2. From whose account? One of the Trump organization's account or one of the hush money payments from one of the Cohen accounts?
Found the first answer. It is Allen Weisselberg, but it turns out he is with the Trump Organization not the Trump Campaign.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/26/politics/michael-cohen-allen-weisselberg-subpoena/index.html

He was mentioned in Cohen's tapes.

etmf-trump.jpg

You have a point about allegedly. I should have said Cohen said Trump allegedly told him to break the law--that's what I meant.

I don't follow your sport analogy at all. The second trial will be all about Manafort failing to register as a Ukrainian lobbyist. I think the second Manafort trial will put more daylight between he and Trump. That was also in Manafort's pre-Trump life and can only serve to show that Manafort was a free agent and not on team Trump.

We should also recall the Trump campaign position about why Manafort was shown the door in 2016. This is real-time reporting from summer of 2016:

The family was particularly troubled by reports of Manafort's involvement with Russia and felt he hadn’t been entirely forthright about his activities overseas, the source said. Family members were also unhappy about changes made to the GOP platform that were seen as beneficial to Russia, which they felt Manafort played a role in, the source added.
We learned today that part of the reason for the Cohen flip is money. Davis is all over the place soliciting funds. Probably so Davis can get paid his exorbitant fee. The fact that Cohen would even retain Davis ought to tell us something about what a slime ball Cohen is. Davis doesn't try cases, he just slimes the legal process.

You quote a passage saying the "family" felt Manafort hadn't been "entirely forthright" about his activities overseas. That sounds like the "family" tried to distance itself from Manafort but the statement amounts to an admission that it knew about many of his activities overseas. This brings everything full circle back to the central question: did the "family" know about Manafort activities that were illegal?

It doesn't matter whether Manafort told them everything.

You quote a passage saying the "family" felt Manafort hadn't been "entirely forthright" about his activities overseas. That sounds like the "family" tried to distance itself from Manafort but the statement amounts to an admission that it knew about many of his activities overseas. This brings everything full circle back to the central question: did the "family" know about Manafort activities that were illegal?

It doesn't matter whether Manafort told them everything.

This story was out a while ago.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bu...anafort-daughter-text-messages-ukraine-2017-3

Cohen allegedly said he violated campaign law at direction of candidate presumably Trump. If a client asks you, as his attorney, to do something illegal, and you comply with the client's request, is the client guilty of the crime? I don't know the answer.
So if I want to off someone, the solution is to hire a lawyer?

So if I want to off someone, the solution is to hire a lawyer?

I guess it depends on how good a shot the lawyer is. Solicitation for murder is a crime. Solicitation for a lawyer to obtain a non-disclosure agreement is not a crime.

I guess it depends on how good a shot the lawyer is. Solicitation for murder is a crime. Solicitation for a lawyer to obtain a non-disclosure agreement is not a crime.
There are a gazillion actions that are not crimes. Your task as an intelligent poster is to spot Trump's action that constitutes a crime. Otherwise, you have nothing to discuss here. Just saying he didn't, he didn't, he didn't is being a granny poster.

There are a gazillion actions that are not crimes. Your task as an intelligent poster is to spot Trump's action that constitutes a crime. Otherwise, you have nothing to discuss here. Just saying he didn't, he didn't, he didn't is being a granny poster.

I have no idea what your point is. You don't have to read what I write.

Sure. Some disliked her because she's a woman. That's NOT what I was arguing against. What I'm arguing against is the constant snarky and witless posts that Republicans disliked Obama because he was brown skinned or Republicans opposed HRC because she's a woman. It's nonsense and it's irritatingly juvenile.
There's a difference between Republicans and Trump supporters. Inveterate Trump supporters want a return to the America of Leave it to Beaver. Brown's absent in that black and white picture, as are a lot of other things.

The problem is, Trump is a relic of the past. He has no ideas for the future. He has no plan for replacing the lost jobs of yesteryear that aren't coming back. He's a junkyard salesman who sold his supporters a shiny lot of junk and they're too gullible to realize it.

Here, I fixed it for you: "Solicitation for a lawyer to obtain a non-disclosure agreement is not a crime sometimes."

How about soliciting a lawyer to obtain a non-disclosure agreement for the purpose of furthering or covering up a crime?

How about soliciting a lawyer to obtain a non-disclosure agreement for the purpose of keeping a witness from testifying about your own bank robbery?

The list of examples could run on and on. The involvement of the National Enquirer makes it clear that all these were not typical run-of-the-mill agreements.

Reactions: futueteipsum
I don’t doubt you believe everything you wrote, but this is what I don’t understand. You said, “I drop my support of the boor the minute I have an alternative that more closely aligns to my wants”. The minute Trump would be ousted, doesn’t Mike Pence become President? Is he not a more polished conservative you could support, without all the baggage and chaos? I don’t get it, unless it’s really just a case of Trump is on the “R” team.

I would be fine with Pence.

I think that Trump being booted from office for what many people feel is a politically motivated prosecution would be far worse than any damage Trump could do before the public has a chance to vote him out.

Here, I fixed it for you: "Solicitation for a lawyer to obtain a non-disclosure agreement is not a crime sometimes."

How about soliciting a lawyer to obtain a non-disclosure agreement for the purpose of furthering or covering up a crime?

How about soliciting a lawyer to obtain a non-disclosure agreement for the purpose of keeping a witness from testifying about your own bank robbery?

The list of examples could run on and on. The involvement of the National Enquirer makes it clear that all these were not typical run-of-the-mill agreements.
You're playing a different game, called Real.

And you get your panties in a twist over that stuff while you would be fine with calling Trump a philandering dick. Is it the drunken you have a problem with or the hag? Amy Chozick supports the drunken part and she followed Hillary on her bar crawl across the U.S. in the last election.

Hag is the equivalent of calling Trump a dick. Would you have a problem with that? No, you would be cool with that. Modern feminism, "men are the devil, white men should die, the world would be better off without men" but roll out the fainting couches and grab the clutching pearls if you correctly label a shitty female a hag.

**** Hillary as a person. You could attach a penis between her legs and I still would have voted against the drunken dick. And there was no way I was letting her damn husband back in that house either.

I think that Trump being booted from office for what many people feel is a politically motivated prosecution would be far worse than any damage Trump could do before the public has a chance to vote him out.
I don’t disagree with what you say above but i suspect that our threshold of what constitutes “politically motivated prosecution” in such a case. Obviously this case is evolving and we don’t yet have all the info - but I worry that too many of his disciples won’t accept rock solid evidence of criminal activity as him doing anything wrong.

And you get your panties in a twist over that stuff while you would be fine with calling Trump a philandering dick. Is it the drunken you have a problem with or the hag? Amy Chozick supports the drunken part and she followed Hillary on her bar crawl across the U.S. in the last election.

Hag is the equivalent of calling Trump a dick. Would you have a problem with that? No, you would be cool with that. Modern feminism, "men are the devil, white men should die, the world would be better off without men" but roll out the fainting couches and grab the clutching pearls if you correctly label a shitty female a hag.

**** Hillary as a person. You could attach a penis between her legs and I still would have voted against the drunken dick. And there was no way I was letting her damn husband back in that house either.

I'm a little confused, Crazy. It sounds like you have a severe dislike for the Clintons and it appears that it comes from moral shortcomings. What is it about the Clintons that you find so morally abhorrent that you don't find in President Trump?

I looked but found no evidence that Hillary had or has a drinking problem. Modern feminism does not say "men are the devil, white men should die, the world would be better off without men". Hillary the "hag" is a figment of your imagination.

You need a visit to HR. To start with your first sentence to me is sexist. Getting your panties in a twist? Try saying that to someone at work. This isn’t Mad Men days and it sounds like no one calls you on your bs. You don’t even know what is sexist and what is misogynist. As for your definition of feminism....laughable. Sounds like you could stand to do some research, but I’m sure you have no inclination. Just as you have no understanding of why women are so angry right now. The drunken part is a figment of your imagination. It’s funny how much you hate Hillary and her husband, but you continue to support the most corrupt man and administration ever in office. We are learning more every day, but most of us already knew that. You should be embarrassed that you’re the person he was talking about when he said he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and no one would care. Because Hillary, the drunken hag.

Reactions: sglowrider
I'm a little confused, Crazy. It sounds like you have a severe dislike for the Clintons and it appears that it comes from moral shortcomings. What is it about the Clintons that you find so morally abhorrent that you don't find in President Trump?
Their party affiliation. Sheesh. Pay attention, for frack's sake.

I do dislike all those failings in Trump.

In addition to Hillary and Bill's failings: I dislike their politics; I dislike the fact that the press does not tend to give them the same scrutiny as a guy like Trump and when they do get scrutiny it is generally buried; I increasingly disliked the idea that we were going to go Bush, Clinton, Bush, Change, Clinton, after almost 25 years I was keenly interested in shoving a stake through the heart of the Clintons in politics.

The Democrats made the mistake of running someone like her again. I am not alone in my distaste for Hillary, plenty of liberals got out the long knives on her when they finally felt they could too. She was rejected by Democrats in 2008. I do not think that Obama would say he was a big fan of her or Bill if you caught him in private and he felt he could speak freely.

Yeah, Donald Trump is a clown, but his clowning has not really been on the politics side for the better part of my life. He was the over the top rich guy that rappers wanted to be like.

In addition to Hillary and Bill's failings: I dislike their politics; I dislike the fact that the press does not tend to give them the same scrutiny as a guy like Trump and when they do get scrutiny it is generally buried; I increasingly disliked the idea that we were going to go Bush, Clinton, Bush, Change, Clinton, after almost 25 years I was keenly interested in shoving a stake through the heart of the Clintons in politics.

The Democrats made the mistake of running someone like her again. I am not alone in my distaste for Hillary, plenty of liberals got out the long knives on her when they finally felt they could too. She was rejected by Democrats in 2008. I do not think that Obama would say he was a big fan of her or Bill if you caught him in private and he felt he could speak freely.

Yeah, Donald Trump is a clown, but his clowning has not really been on the politics side for the better part of my life. He was the over the top rich guy that rappers wanted to be like.
How can anyone say the Clintons have not been scrutinized with a serious face? Every little thing they have done for decades has been scrutinized. Hillary’s emails dominated the entire campaign. Trump’s were one day stories. Everyone in NYC knew what everyone else is now finding out, that Trump is dirty as the day is long. Why didn’t the press harp on that and dig into that so we wouldn’t be going through it now?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...dia-gorged-on-hillary-clinton-email-coverage/. But Hillary wasn’t scrutinized. Besides how many months of Benghazi hearings and hours of her actually testifying? All of which Gowdy admitted was political.

He was the over the top rich guy that rappers wanted to be like.
This is horribly naive thinking that is prevalent and pervasive in the Trump base camp. He’s not a Bezos, or a Buffett, or a Gates. He’s a guy that was born rich and has increased his and his family’s wealth through a variety of channels and practices. We’re now finding out (with proof - while most of us suspected it all along) many of his closest business associates are dirty players and that he threatens mafia-style those that aren’t supremely “loyal” to him. That’s a problem, Crazy, and it’s extremely disappointing that an intelligent fellow like you can’t see it. It’s not the porn star stuff, it’s the decades of likely illegal activity and practices that disqualify him from office.

You can talk all you want about “the dirty elites” and “the swamp.” But Trump is the king of the NYC swamp and is quite possibly dirtier than all of them combined. It’s ludicrous to think that he has anybody but his own best interests in mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

I agree with that assessment, but I definitely don’t agree that Mueller’s investigation is politically motivated. Far from it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT