ADVERTISEMENT

McCulley is back

I'm assuming he got a nice NIL deal. Also a smart decision on his part because he was firmly established as our alpha receiver. If he had gone to one of the football factories loaded with 4-5 star receivers he might have gotten lost in the shuffle. He has a really high ceiling and will get lots of balls thrown his way. Awesome that he's back!

Hopefully the Cignetti offense will showcase his talents. With the latest QB grab, it's easy to imagine a big year offensively speaking for McCulley.

It's an exciting time to be an Indiana football fan.

Glad he's with us but if money is the reason, that's just sad
I’m good with it especially if money was “a reason” vs “the reason”.

I have no idea what his economic background is, or what he is getting via NIL, but who can blame a kid for considering (as an example) a situation with 6 figure potential vs a situation that virtually pays zero? Hell, a six figure difference can turn the head of a mid-career 40 year old, why should we be sad when it influences a 20 year old?

Anybody with a bead on Camper returning?
If they'd both be back for only one year, I think the money would've been better spent on Camper (for cheaper) with the savings sprinkled elsewhere.

If we have Williams, Cooper, McCulley, and Camper next year, we might have a top 5 receiver room in the conference.

Reactions: red hornet
I like Camper, but my guess is Coach Cig passed due to his history injuries.
Camper might just be caught up in a scholarship numbers issue...

I'd see if we could find someone, or several someone's, to float him a NIL offer double of what his scholarship is worth and see if we could get him back as a (Ultra) Preferred Walk-On...

In my opinion, he's, by far, the best WR we have when he's healthy. I'd do everything possible to bring him back if I had vote.

The HC's dilemma is how to build a winner with a limited number of scholarships (85).
Cignetti has to consider who will be available on game day when utilizing those last few scholarships... It's a has to be a cold hard calculation when making those kind of calls...

Camper might just be caught up in a scholarship numbers issue...

I'd see if we could find someone, or several someone's, to float him a NIL offer double of what his scholarship is worth and see if we could get him back as a (Ultra) Preferred Walk-On...

In my opinion, he's, by far, the best WR we have when he's healthy. I'd do everything possible to bring him back if I had vote.

The HC's dilemma is how to build a winner with a limited number of scholarships (85).
Cignetti has to consider who will be available on game day when utilizing those last few scholarships... It's a has to be a cold hard calculation when making those kind of calls...
There's no way in absolute hell that Cam Camper is not worthy of a scholarship at Indiana. He is probably one of the 10 best receivers that we've had this century.

Off the top of my head:
1. Hardy
2. Doss
3. Roby
4. Latimer
5. Fryfogle
6. Hughes
7. Camper
8. Cobbs
9. Whop
10. Belcher/Hale

Honorable mention:
Wynn
Paige
Jones
Turner
Westbrook

BRING THIS MAN BACK!

There's no way in absolute hell that Cam Camper is not worthy of a scholarship at Indiana. He is probably one of the 10 best receivers that we've had this century.

Off the top of my head:
1. Hardy
2. Doss
3. Roby
4. Latimer
5. Fryfogle
6. Hughes
7. Camper
8. Cobbs
9. Whop
10. Belcher/Hale

Honorable mention:
Wynn
Paige
Jones
Turner
Westbrook

BRING THIS MAN BACK!
Camper has been good when he’s healthy, which isn’t often, but he’s way too high on that list.

Camper hasn't stayed healthy to be considered top shelf, IMO. He is VERY good, though. Had he stayed healthy, he's one of the best.

Reactions: red hornet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT