ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville looking at Scott Drew

IUclover

All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Nov 19, 2015
Apparent offer is $8M+ per year with NIL funding guarantees.

He has been successful at Baylor.
Evidently he has some reason IU hasn’t ever shown interest, but can’t recall what.
Was he involved in the Baylor problems, or did they all occur when Bliss was there?

Drew is a perfect fit for Baylor. Hes a fanatical Christian. Hes a weird guy. He’s turned off a lot of AAU and high school coaches along the way. He tried anything he could to get Crean in trouble while calling out, Knight and Indiana Elite. Hes made a few enemies in the IU alumni among others. Hes labeled by some as misunderstood. Those are just some of the negatives. Not sure he’s a fit at a Louisville.

Not sure of his contract situation at Baylor, but he could be playing Lville for a Baylor upgrade. Not sure why he would want to change.

Drew is a top 5 coach in basketball. Is he content at Baylor or will he be the next big hire at place ready to win…..like Louisville.

Really?
1. Self
2. Drew
3. Sampson
4. Few
5. Hurley
6. Bennet
7. pearl
8. Painter
9. Izzo…sliding in last few years
10 Calipari
He's definitely not 2nd on my list. In no particular order, but ahead of Drew would be Self, Sampson, Few, Hurley, Bennett, Painter, Izzo. So probably 8th. Pitino in there ahead of him, maybe.

Rankings would change depending on whether you're looking at right now or spanning their career, but active.

He's definitely not 2nd on my list. In no particular order, but ahead of Drew would be Self, Sampson, Few, Hurley, Bennett, Painter, Izzo. So probably 8th. Pitino in there ahead of him, maybe.

Rankings would change depending on whether you're looking at right now or spanning their career, but active.
he has done more than painter, Hurley, and few. I weigh a national title heavier. If Painter wins it this year he would be in top 3

You have to put Drew in his own little category. Hes not a fit just anywhere. If you put him at top 5 it needs an asterisk. Hes certainly not a fit for a lot of public schools.
Ok. I guess I don’t know much about him personally vs his results. He has built Baylor into a power. Not a very easy place to win

Ok. I guess I don’t know much about him personally vs his results. He has built Baylor into a power. Not a very easy place to win
He is in that big church-faith-healer type. Some might view him as a Christian extremest fundamentalist..etc. I personally don’t care I just know how liberal universities look at that. You ever wonder why he’s never been scooped up or seriously looked at as a candidate? He’s got a rep that doesn’t align with everyone.

He is in that big church-faith-healer type. Some might view him as a Christian extremest fundamentalist..etc. I personally don’t care I just know how liberal universities look at that. You ever wonder why he’s never been scooped up or seriously looked at as a candidate? He’s got a rep that doesn’t align with everyone.
Hasn’t hindered his recruiting. Interesting today that if you speak of your faith, you are an extremist conservative.

• Haha
Reactions: nichlee
I forgot about all his enemies here. Not an option whenever the next search happens.

Hasn’t hindered his recruiting. Interesting today that if you speak of your faith, you are an extremist conservative.
Notice I said I don’t care. I’m saying liberal universities look at it differently. Have for years. I’m not talking recruiting. I’m talking him and administrators..etc. Coaches need to align with the university of course and he does at Baylor more than an IU.

Reactions: bsmitty08
“…liberal universities…”

a0476bd4-653d-4f59-b8cb-ab67fd5cc94b_text.gif

“…liberal universities…”

a0476bd4-653d-4f59-b8cb-ab67fd5cc94b_text.gif

I’m only being mischievously provocative here. Please don’t turn this into one of those threads.

When it comes to sports, I really don’t care about politics. Politics infects way too much of our daily lives as it is.

I just want to see IU get back to being a highly competitive basketball program. Hire Bernie Sanders, for all I care…if he can make that happen.

Reactions: ulrey
I’m only being mischievously provocative here. Please don’t turn this into one of those threads.

When it comes to sports, I really don’t care about politics. Politics infects way too much of our daily lives as it is.

I just want to see IU get back to being a highly competitive basketball program. Hire Bernie Sanders, for all I care…if he can make that happen.
Well it wasn’t meant to be political exclusive. I’m trying to help him understand why Drew isn’t a fit in my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT