ADVERTISEMENT

Loser: "I'm Not Conceding, Because I'm A Winner!"

Ohio Guy

Hall of Famer
Aug 28, 2001
Laura Loomer, a MAGA, far-right idiot, loses a GOP primary in Florida and promptly throws a temper tantrum.

Everything is wrong because she didn't get her way. I'm sure she feels like she was 'treated very badly' and that no other GOP candidate in Florida has ever been treated as unfairly as she has.

I hope this is the last we hear of her - or anyone who claims to be a victim of voter fraud when they lose and election.

I don't think we should do away with legal challenges and reasonable claims of improper counting or even voter fraud, but once you've exhausted those you should have to stop being a whiny bitch and shut up.

Laura Loomer, a MAGA, far-right idiot, loses a GOP primary in Florida and promptly throws a temper tantrum.

Everything is wrong because she didn't get her way. I'm sure she feels like she was 'treated very badly' and that no other GOP candidate in Florida has ever been treated as unfairly as she has.

I hope this is the last we hear of her - or anyone who claims to be a victim of voter fraud when they lose and election.

I don't think we should do away with legal challenges and reasonable claims of improper counting or even voter fraud, but once you've exhausted those you should have to stop being a whiny bitch and shut up.
Everyone is a victim. Give her $10,000

Destroying public trust in elections - which is one of the foundations of democracy along with free press - is basic anti democracy fascism 101. They (MAGA and MAGA adjacent) attack both constantly and consistently.

It's not a bug, it's a feature and it's done with a purpose beyond their own election.

Last edited:
This was a GOP PRIMARY, so she's accusing her own party of CHEATING HER. Just the most obvious point (among several) where your flawed analogy breaks down...
and Comet Pizza does not have a basement deep state paedo ring. That should be added to every post directed at this guy just to show everyone what kind of person he is.

You might as well try to teach a turnip algebra. Same result ..

Not everything in FL was a disaster last night. Former National Organizer for March for our Lives Maxwell Frost won his Dem Primary in the House District Val Demmings represented till she stepped down to challenge Little Marco. It's basically a safe Dem district, so we are likely looking at the first Gen Z member of Congress being elected to Congress. I think there's a viral video out there of him trying to confront DeSantis over gun policy at a press conference and being ushered out of the room...

Also former GOP Governor Charlie Crist won the Dem nomination to take on DeSantis. Interesting to note that while DeSantis is extremely popular with Pubs, he's basically around 50% popularity with the electorate as a whole and won in 2018 by less than a single %. It's no longer the bi-partisan FL of Crist, but by contrast when he left office his approval rating was in the 70% range...

Not everything in FL was a disaster last night. Former National Organizer for March for our Lives Maxwell Frost won his Dem Primary in the House District Val Demmings represented till she stepped down to challenge Little Marco. It's basically a safe Dem district, so we are likely looking at the first Gen Z member of Congress being elected to Congress. I think there's a viral video out there of him trying to confront DeSantis over gun policy at a press conference and being ushered out of the room...

Also former GOP Governor Charlie Crist won the Dem nomination to take on DeSantis. Interesting to note that while DeSantis is extremely popular with Pubs, he's basically around 50% popularity with the electorate as a whole and won in 2018 by less than a single %. It's no longer the bi-partisan FL of Crist, but by contrast when he left office his approval rating was in the 70% range...
The Dems couldn’t have put up a better candidate than Crist. He’s got name recognition, generally well liked, and a good campaigner. He most likely won’t win, but DeSantis will probably have to use more of his presidential war chest to pull it out than he’d like to.

Reactions: cosmickid
The Dems couldn’t have put up a better candidate than Crist. He’s got name recognition, generally well liked, and a good campaigner. He most likely won’t win, but DeSantis will probably have to use more of his presidential war chest to pull it out than he’d like to.
DeSantis will have his hands full. He won't be able to win on bluff and bluster alone.

Reactions: cosmickid
True. He barely beat Gillum four years ago, and Gillum ran a better campaign and destroyed DeSantis in the debates. DeSantis has a whole lot of free publicity going into this one, though. But Charlie Crist is a pro.
DeSantis will win.

This was a GOP PRIMARY, so she's accusing her own party of CHEATING HER. Just the most obvious point (among several) where your flawed analogy breaks down...
She's just following Trump's lead, from when he accused the Georgia officials who run Georgia's elections (all Republicans) of election fraud.

Trump's theory was that Georgia Republicans committed election fraud so that Democrat Biden would win. Trump's a genius, I tell you -- a genius !!

Would Trump help Crist by secretly dumping money into his campaign? That would be hilarious.
I have no idea. I was wondering what would happen if DeSantis just went scorched earth and side I'm against crt, woke bs, student loan forgiveness, irs expansion, defunding the police, Covid lockdowns, anything that comes out of fauci's mouth, green bs, the big lie, and trump undermining our efforts to win elections.

I have no idea. I was wondering what would happen if DeSantis just went scorched earth and side I'm against crt, woke bs, student loan forgiveness, irs expansion, defunding the police, Covid lockdowns, anything that comes out of fauci's mouth, green bs, the big lie, and trump undermining our efforts to win elections.
He’ll do all of that except go against the big lie and Trump-unless Trump injects himself into the campaign to hurt DeSantis. Then it’s get your popcorn ready cause it’ll be the ultimate GOP Jerry Springer show.

What's so exciting about another old balls politician that can't keep a marriage, went to a no name law school and practiced at no name firms and became a politician early on? Plus he flip flopped parties and political stances quite recently.

I fail to see the appeal.

He’ll do all of that except go against the big lie and Trump-unless Trump injects himself into the campaign to hurt DeSantis. Then it’s get your popcorn ready cause it’ll be the ultimate GOP Jerry Springer show.
You can see all the posters on here who have turned on trump. These are people who really can't stand the Dems. There has been been an iteration of Dems that I've disliked more than the current dem party. If trump keeps costing us elections, like the senate, again, I think it'll be ripe for DeSantis and others in the party to publicly turn on him. If this board is a microcosm I think dbm is the only poster still supporting him going forward

• Love
Reactions: 8Stars5Banners
What's so exciting about another old balls politician that can't keep a marriage, went to a no name law school and practiced at no name firms and became a politician early on? Plus he flip flopped parties and political stances quite recently.

Nothing. But he'll be expected to be moderate and maintain. The status quo of stuff people like about fla

True. He barely beat Gillum four years ago, and Gillum ran a better campaign and destroyed DeSantis in the debates. DeSantis has a whole lot of free publicity going into this one, though. But Charlie Crist is a pro.

Pretty amazing to think how poorly FLA could have turned out with a drug-addicted Governor.

Florida's electorate and recent immigration has taken a sharp right turn to the continually aggrieved loony factory. Doubt it will be a contest.

Reactions: Morrison

I’m not a big fan of Crist, or anything. I’d just like to see DeSantis answer to a pol that knows how to play the game, answer some tough questions, and have to earn his re-election. Crist should be able to put some tarnish on the Golden Boy’s image with national moderates and independents. Crist’s job is to hold him accountable and test his mettle for 2024. See if there’s anything else behind his “I’m the dumbest guy in the room, but the best authoritarian”, act.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
I agree. I’m just giving Uncle Mark hope.😊Crist is a tough opponent, but DeSantis has too many resources, committed base, and the national party apparatus behind him.
I agree that deSantis will win, but Crist will leave him bloodied. DeSantis is a bully, but Crist is not going to back down. Probably wasn't the smartest move today to blurt out that he didn't want deSantis supporters to vote for him, but that's just the way Charlie is...

Saw an interesting poll on Statistica when I was checking into deSantis popularity ratings nationwide. This is for July, and the favorable/unfavorable line is really close at 36-38% un. Interesting that when broken down into very and somewhat favorable/unfavorable the highest individual number was very unfavorable at 29%, compared to 24% very favorable. Overall the highest rating was 30% for "don't know", which indicates that the upcoming campaign could provide some clarity...

This may not be a positive, because like we've said it will be a bruising campaign. But also there are some pivotal issues that may emerge during the next 3 months that might define him in people's minds. I fully expect DA Warren to be reinstated, at least initially, and there are some (FL) Constitutional issues there. I also saw where the state has just filed a motion to dismiss the Reedy Creek taxpayer's lawsuit, and that seems like another protracted legal battle...

Also teachers and some parents are fighting back against his war on public education at a time when there are 9000 vacancies in the teaching ranks. His battle against "indoctrination" in the schools is being viewed by some teachers as ironically enough his own attempt at indoctrination. His new civics training unabashedly pushes both originalism and the idea that the separation between Church and State is a myth. He has attended rallies and campaigned for people like Mastriano, as well as Lake and Masters in AZ, which is fine for establishing right wing cred but likely turns off the people offended by those particular candidates...

Here's a pretty eye-opening taste of what's going on...

And they're stopping just short of characterizing slavery as paternal benevolence...

• Wow
Reactions: Noodle and Morrison
I agree that deSantis will win, but Crist will leave him bloodied. DeSantis is a bully, but Crist is not going to back down. Probably wasn't the smartest move today to blurt out that he didn't want deSantis supporters to vote for him, but that's just the way Charlie is...

Saw an interesting poll on Statistica when I was checking into deSantis popularity ratings nationwide. This is for July, and the favorable/unfavorable line is really close at 36-38% un. Interesting that when broken down into very and somewhat favorable/unfavorable the highest individual number was very unfavorable at 29%, compared to 24% very favorable. Overall the highest rating was 30% for "don't know", which indicates that the upcoming campaign could provide some clarity...

This may not be a positive, because like we've said it will be a bruising campaign. But also there are some pivotal issues that may emerge during the next 3 months that might define him in people's minds. I fully expect DA Warren to be reinstated, at least initially, and there are some (FL) Constitutional issues there. I also saw where the state has just filed a motion to dismiss the Reedy Creek taxpayer's lawsuit, and that seems like another protracted legal battle...

Also teachers and some parents are fighting back against his war on public education at a time when there are 9000 vacancies in the teaching ranks. His battle against "indoctrination" in the schools is being viewed by some teachers as ironically enough his own attempt at indoctrination. His new civics training unabashedly pushes both originalism and the idea that the separation between Church and State is a myth. He has attended rallies and campaigned for people like Mastriano, as well as Lake and Masters in AZ, which is fine for establishing right wing cred but likely turns off the people offended by those particular candidates...

And they're stopping just short of characterizing slavery as paternal benevolence...

As always, you give a good and thorough deep dive into the issues and candidate. I don’t care who the Governor of Florida is, except in this case one of the candidates is a serious contender for President in two years, so I pay attention.

DeSantis may be creating a problem for himself by going all in on getting support from Republican primary type voters. If he continues this he will find it hard to pivot at some point in the future. He needs to show more depth to win the support he would need to be President.

I think there are others out there that think like me, in that if a guy like DeSantis, who is a serious and popular figure in his party, would simply tell the truth about Trump, his lies, the danger to our very democratic republic, I for one would be put at ease and he would gain my respect. He’s really the only one to do it at this point. In the current political climate, he’d be really hard to beat if he was the only Pub to grow enough balls to tell the truth to his impressionable base.

The current Republican Party’s politicians are made up of nut jobs and embarrassingly weak people. I look at them with bemusement, anger at their lack of seriousness and responsibility to citizenship, and strangely embarrassed for their pathetic weakness.

The Democrat party has some major flaws as well, but that’s a much easier fix, if needed. They’re called elections. At least they still believe if people find our ideas crazy, vote us out for course correction.

Last edited:
Destroying public trust in elections - which is one of the foundations of democracy along with free press - is basic anti democracy fascism 101. They (MAGA and MAGA adjacent) attack both constantly and consistently.

It's not a bug, it's a feature and it's done with a purpose beyond their own election.
Brazil and Kenya are taking cues from the USA. In the bad way.

Everybody can bitch about Trump all they want. And others can say "but it's his policies I support!". Doesn't matter. He tarnished the shining city on the hill in front of the entire world. His policies are irrelevant.

And before the yabbuts, Biden is a bad and ineffective president. But he's not an authoritarian(ish) strong man type.

What exactly is wrong with teaching that 4% of the total African slaves were brought to what is now the United States? That’s a fact. I didn’t know that stat until I visited the Slave Trade Museum in Liverpool 20 years ago.

If you listen to her words in the video, the teacher is telling the interviewer how she felt about the statistic and her feelings are a theme she uses throughout the video. Her feelings are irrelevant. Believing that they are relevant is the problem. Of course the interviewer asks terribly leading questions wherein she suggests the statistic intends to minimize The impact of slavery. She doesn’t know that.

The comment about slaves born here are somehow different than those brought here is a crock. If these people knew the history, they would know that there is a specific provision in the 14th Amendment speaking to that circumstance. That’s an important part of history that should be included along with the 80-90 year relentless abolition struggle that led to the Civil War and leading to very significant changes to the constitution. Changes so significant that the founders wouldn’t recognize the ideas involved.

My reaction to the video is that the interviewer and her guests want to perpetuate slavery as the dominant influencer in our history. Her second guest wasn’t even subtle about that.

The reason I’m all for Juneteenth being a national holiday is that we must celebrate the final End of Slavery in order to come together and move on. These days, with all the derision, dishonesty, and cancellations directed at the founders over the issue of slavery, people like those in the video are pushing us apart.

What exactly is wrong with teaching that 4% of the total African slaves were brought to what is now the United States? That’s a fact. I didn’t know that stat until I visited the Slave Trade Museum in Liverpool 20 years ago.

If you listen to her words in the video, the teacher is telling the interviewer how she felt about the statistic and her feelings are a theme she uses throughout the video. Her feelings are irrelevant. Believing that they are relevant is the problem. Of course the interviewer asks terribly leading questions wherein she suggests the statistic intends to minimize The impact of slavery. She doesn’t know that.

The comment about slaves born here are somehow different than those brought here is a crock. If these people knew the history, they would know that there is a specific provision in the 14th Amendment speaking to that circumstance. That’s an important part of history that should be included along with the 80-90 year relentless abolition struggle that led to the Civil War and leading to very significant changes to the constitution. Changes so significant that the founders wouldn’t recognize the ideas involved.

My reaction to the video is that the interviewer and her guests want to perpetuate slavery as the dominant influencer in our history. Her second guest wasn’t even subtle about that.

The reason I’m all for Juneteenth being a national holiday is that we must celebrate the final End of Slavery in order to come together and move on. These days, with all the derision, dishonesty, and cancellations directed at the founders over the issue of slavery, people like those in the video are pushing us apart.
I would extend your thesis to gas prices. US prices are cheaper than every other major economy, frequently by several dollars per gallon. We have plenty of headroom for green policies without disrupting the economy. Feelings are irrelevant.

Everybody can bitch about Trump all they want. And others can say "but it's his policies I support!". Doesn't matter. He tarnished the shining city on the hill in front of the entire world. His policies are irrelevant.

And before the yabbuts, Biden is a bad and ineffective president. But he's not an authoritarian(ish) strong man type.
At this point, I don't know how anyone could defend Trump against this claim. He's definitely eroded trust in our democratic process and institutes of law. Policies can be enacted by anyone. DeSantis would likely get a lot of what Trump would get done as president. I'm obviously not in favor of either of them being our next president, but at least DeSantis would preserve some modicum of respect for our country - both internally and externally.

Biden's not authoritarian, yet decided he had the power to wipe out $300,000,000,000 of debt.

DeSantis will win but Crist is an old Fla name and people like him. I like him. He's an old fla pi lawyer. What would be something is if Crist won Fla and DeSantis ran for prez and won
If Desantis becomes President, it would be like this X 1000

and this X 1000

And this x 1000:

Be careful which autocrat you support.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT