ADVERTISEMENT

Kristi Noem is "disgusting, lazy and evil"

It’s exactly what happened. She either couldn’t or didn’t want to train the dog and absent of training the puppy did what he wanted to do. She is a bad dog owner and cruel toward animals.

And I’m not interested in splitting hairs on him being a puppy. At 14 months, I’d bet a vet would say that most dogs are showing puppy tendencies and might not be fully grown.

Maybe it really is my bubble, but I’m kind of shocked anyone is defending her.
You are STILL talking your feelz about this.
You’ve had 2-3 dogs, they were in your 900 sq ft flat in urban concrete and paid $10k to peta. We get it.

You’ve never been rural, with working dogs, building a blood line and mentality line while having had or trained dozens or hundreds of dogs/ animals.
In your soft emotional world, one is worth 40 yrs of your life and it never had a damn thing to do with contributing to the breed. It only comforted you after 3 wines . Then when that one can’t stop your crying, you let someone else put it in a 3x3 cage until it dies. TOTALLY unacceptable to me.
Rural people adding the the honest bloodlines of a working dog, have dozens if not hundreds of exposures to animals. Finding one that doesn’t advance the breed, or ESPECIALLY is a harm to others, can quickly identify it.
You’ve spent too much time being emotional to understand those who protect you with experience.
You’re the kind that has no idea how the sausage is made, you just want to look good in your breakfast bow tie feeding fluffy an eggs Benedict, setting on a pillow, in her stroller.

Reactions: Univee2 and DANC
I find this thread fascinating. I share most people's opinions on here about dogs.

But I think it's kinda an irrational feeling. Still, people are willing to condemn Noem because she clearly does not share this feeling or belief.

I wonder:

For those of you that are virulently pro-life and pro-dog, do you have the same gut, emotional reaction to the notion of abortion as you do to this kind of thing? That's not to say your belief/reasoning behind opposing abortion is irrational, I'm just wondering about the emotional response behind it.

For those who are pro-choice and pro-dog, can you understand and sympathize with pro-lifers who might feel the same way about a few months old fetus and a dog?

I'm not trying to draw any moral or legal conclusions from this, just wondering about the empirical facts about people's emotional responses.

As for Noem, if there is anything this incident proves. its that her political instincts are shockingly bad.

Last edited:
You’ve had 2-3 dogs, they were in your 900 sq ft flat in urban concrete and paid $10k to peta. We get it.

You’ve never been rural, with working dogs, building a blood line and mentality line while having had or trained dozens or hundreds of dogs/ animals.
In your soft emotional world, one is worth 40 yrs of your life and it never had a damn thing to do with contributing to the breed. It only comforted you after 3 wines . Then when that one can’t stop your crying, you let someone else put it in a 3x3 cage until it dies. TOTALLY unacceptable to me.
Rural people adding the the honest bloodlines of a working dog, have dozens if not hundreds of exposures to animals. Finding one that doesn’t advance the breed, or ESPECIALLY is a harm to others, can quickly identify it.
You’ve spent too much time being emotional to understand those who protect you with experience.
You’re the kind that has no idea how the sausage is made, you just want to look good in your breakfast bow tie feeding fluffy an eggs Benedict, setting on a pillow, in her stroller.
Joe, change your handle to Col. Jessup:

Americans love affair with dogs is really quite pathetic. These are animals. Not family members. Stop being children.

Try showing the same amount of love and affection to the people in your life and I guarantee you will be happier.

Violent animals get put down. That’s the way it is. Animals with poor quality of life should be put down.

I know Several people that have put their dogs through chemotherapy. Insane. These people need a purpose.
Ok…. I’ve now adopted Ohio guy as my pet…

But I should be clear…. I’m a very rural trainer with VERY rural rules..

I think you’ll like my results .

Pigs and cows aren't household pets and don't share living space with their owners - - with the possible exception of a few posters here.
Shows your total ignorance of what your understanding of the relationship between rural people and ALL of their animals actually are.
All city people here commenting , are wine drunk emotional, nothing less nothing more.

Rural people who’ve ever self euthanized an animal, ANY animal, applies a personal set of feelings and ownership of that decision. They feel it’s a personal level of bond of responsibility not taken lightly.

Very much unlike urban people who take their “child like” pet and say, here kill this for me so I don’t have to own the responsibility.

You’ll never change my mind with your drivel. You pass on your responsibility, country people don’t.

<insert quote from Billy Madison>

“At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.”

<end post>

I find this thread fascinating. I share most people's opinions on here about dogs.

But I think it's kinda an irrational feeling. Still, people are willing to condemn Noem because she clearly does not share this feeling or belief.

I wonder:

For those of you that are virulently pro-life and pro-dog, do you have the same gut, emotional reaction to the notion of abortion as you do to this kind of thing? That's not to say your belief/reasoning behind opposing abortion is irrational, I'm just wondering about the emotional response behind it.

For those who are pro-choice and pro-dog, can you understand and sympathize with pro-lifers who might feel the same way about a few months old fetus and a dog?

I'm not trying to draw any moral or legal conclusions from this, just wondering about the empirical facts about people's emotional responses.

As for Noem, if there is anything this incident proves. its that her political instincts are shockingly bad.
I’d shoot her right in the face for this act

• Wow
Reactions: DANC and zeke4ahs
TL;DR version, she personally shot and killed a 14 month old dog she was having trouble training as a birddog. That quote in the subject line is from Montana gubernatorial candidate Ryan Busse. I agree with Busse.

She also admits that she put down a goat in a similar fashion because it was unruly and chased her kids around.

She's trying to position this as her being willing to do hard things. As recently as 10-15 years ago, this would have made her a political pariah. I'm guessing this will oddly endear her to the MAGA crowd and Trump will name her his VP candidate soon and they'll brag about this on stage at his stupid rallies to thunderous applause.
I feel the same way about women who brag on stage about killing their babies.

Caption:
Noem: "If you don't pick me as VP, I"ll kill this dog."
cover.jpg

(Apologies to anyone under 55 who won't get the reference with this pic.)

I’m a loony lefty with animals. If I won Powerball I’d have a personal crusade to free chained elephants etc
I should say this after my last few posts.

If anyone, ANYONE thinks that those who self euthanize don’t carry a huge weight, sorrow, responsibility. You’re a fool. It’s not something done from anger or spur of the moment.
It’s an informed decision of what needs to happen, and they personally own that responsibility to the animal.
It’s not going to be some GD stranger, it’s going to be you and me, together, for the last time.

Then ya carry it for the rest of your effing life.
I couldn’t imagine carrying the disrespect of hiring some stranger to simply dispose of “a problem”..

If anyone, ANYONE thinks that those who self euthanize don’t carry a huge weight, sorrow, responsibility. You’re a fool. It’s not something done from anger or spur of the moment.
It’s an informed decision of what needs to happen, and they personally own that responsibility to the animal.
It’s not going to be some GD stranger, it’s going to be you and me, together, for the last time.

I couldn’t imagine carrying the disrespect of hiring some stranger to simply dispose of “a problem”..
I appreciate this. When my time is getting near I want you to kill me

Caption:
Noem: "If you don't pick me as VP, I"ll kill this dog."
cover.jpg

(Apologies to anyone under 55 who won't get the reference with this pic.)

Okay, so the story of the dog in this picture takes a bizarre turn. First of all, for those who don't know, this pic is from a cover of National Lampoon (the dog's name is Mr. Cheeseface)

1232.jpg

Upon future research, I found this article:

Who Shot Mr. Cheeseface? The Vermont Demise of a Famous Mutt, and upon reading it, I have determined that Joe H's real name is David Bradshaw (sorry for the dox).

Last edited:

Sweet Jesus. This is so dumb. And wrong on a ton of fronts.

You made some pretty wild assumptions and made an ass of you and umption.

Again, lots of sweeping generalizations and wild assumptions.

And for what it’s worth, I’d never hire a stranger to put a dog down. Us city folk typically take our dogs to a veterinarian and I’d venture a guess that that person isn’t a stranger to anyone with a pet.

And for what it’s worth, I’d never hire a stranger to put a dog down. Us city folk typically take our dogs to a veterinarian and I’d venture a guess that that person isn’t a stranger to anyone with a pet.
Thank you kind sir. You have proven my point.
You've proven that both sides have empathy, but empathy for totally different things.
Your empathy is for yourself and your ability to make hard decisions.
Rural people have empathy for the animal, no matter how hard the decision is.
Thank you for teaching everyone that.

That really sucks and I’m sure it was horrible to have to go through that. That’s a normal part of owning a pet for most people. After living relatively long, happy lives, she gets the best of most dogs and cats and we have to say goodbye. It really sucks.

I won't lie, I was bummed. They were sisters. I never was a cat person, but they grew on me. One adopted me as her favorite and the other adopted the boss. "Mine" went first. She'd been pretty crippled up with arthritis and while we'd been able to keep her relatively comfortable with meds, she developed a fast growing tumor. I was pretty torn up about it. The boss's cat lasted another year or so before her back legs gave out on her and she could no longer be kept comfortable.

This was two or three years ago. I was all up for getting another, but the boss said she's not up for taking care of an old one and figures we wouldn't be around long enough for a kitten. I'm still reminded of those two most every day.

I won't lie, I was bummed. They were sisters. I never was a cat person, but they grew on me. One adopted me as her favorite and the other adopted the boss. "Mine" went first. She'd been pretty crippled up with arthritis and while we'd been able to keep her relatively comfortable with meds, she developed a fast growing tumor. I was pretty torn up about it. The boss's cat lasted another year or so before her back legs gave out on her and she could no longer be kept comfortable.

This was two or three years ago. I was all up for getting another, but the boss said she's not up for taking care of an old one and figures we wouldn't be around long enough for a kitten. I'm still reminded of those two most every day.
Its hurts man... It totally hurts.
That old saying, they are a huge part of our lives, but WE are their WHOLE lives. Be responsible for it.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier

And stay with them and hug them and sing to them and cry.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
You've proven that both sides have empathy, but empathy for totally different things.
This thread gets 5 pages. A dog.

Weinstein 87 rape victims 1 page.

Go figure.

I have no idea who this person is and I refuse to read about the dead dog. I will say, if it was a small dog, the dog definitely deserved it.

Best Boy Happy Dog GIF by Far Cry 6

I did you a solid.

Dan Lussen, a hunting-dog trainer, told Rolling Stone a 14 month-old dog is "a baby that doesn't know any better," adding that unruly dogs are the result of a lack of guidance, training and/or discipline by the owner.

PETA commented: "Most Americans love their dogs, and we suspect that they will consider Governor Noem a psychotic loony for letting this rambunctious puppy loose on chickens and then punishing her by deciding to personally blow her brains out rather than attempting to train her or find a more responsible guardian who would provide her with a proper home."

Former Trump aide Sarah Matthews: "I’m not sure why anyone would brag about this unless they’re sick and twisted.” +1.

Dan Lussen, a hunting-dog trainer, told Rolling Stone a 14 month-old dog is "a baby that doesn't know any better," adding that unruly dogs are the result of a lack of guidance, training and/or discipline by the owner.

PETA commented: "Most Americans love their dogs, and we suspect that they will consider Governor Noem a psychotic loony for letting this rambunctious puppy loose on chickens and then punishing her by deciding to personally blow her brains out rather than attempting to train her or find a more responsible guardian who would provide her with a proper home."

Former Trump aide Sarah Matthews: "I’m not sure why anyone would brag about this unless they’re sick and twisted.” +1.
Noem severely miscalculated. She included this in her memoir thinking it made her look tough. No one was going to out her, there was no leak, ludicrous thinking. I guess there aren’t as many pro puppy murderers as she thought.

We've had four Airedales, three of them from about ten weeks of age. Physically they may not look like puppies at 14 months of age but they are not adult dogs. Hell they're goofballs till they die.

Yeah, she broke the law to boot.

Looks like a Class 1 misdemeanor in SD, with up to a year in the county slammer.

Lock her up!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT