ADVERTISEMENT

Kristi Noem is "disgusting, lazy and evil"

Ohio Guy

Hall of Famer
Aug 28, 2001
TL;DR version, she personally shot and killed a 14 month old dog she was having trouble training as a birddog. That quote in the subject line is from Montana gubernatorial candidate Ryan Busse. I agree with Busse.

She also admits that she put down a goat in a similar fashion because it was unruly and chased her kids around.

She's trying to position this as her being willing to do hard things. As recently as 10-15 years ago, this would have made her a political pariah. I'm guessing this will oddly endear her to the MAGA crowd and Trump will name her his VP candidate soon and they'll brag about this on stage at his stupid rallies to thunderous applause.

Last edited:
TL;DR version, she personally shot and killed a 14 month old dog she was having trouble training as a birddog. That quote in the subject line is from Montana gubernatorial candidate Ryan Busse. I agree with Busse.

She also admits that she put down a goat in a similar fashion because it was unruly and chased her kids around.

She's trying to position this as her being willing to do hard things. As recently as 10-15 years ago, this would have made her a political pariah. I'm guessing this will oddly endear her to the MAGA crowd and Trump will name her his VP candidate soon and they'll brag about this on stage at his stupid rallies to thunderous applause.

The hot/crazy matrix is proven true once again.

Death penalty

It will be quite interesting to see IMO. People fvcking hate animal abusers and everyone (who is normal) loves dogs. That's a pretty fvcked up admission by her.

I'll bet she's peaked politically.

I'm guessing this will oddly endear her to the MAGA crowd and Trump will name her his VP candidate soon and they'll brag about this on stage at his stupid rallies to thunderous applause.

Word was Trump has written off the hard core pro lifers, so if true she's out of the running. dbm has been teasing me with Tulsi. I could see Trump doing that just to fvck with me.

It will be quite interesting to see IMO. People fvcking hate animal abusers and everyone (who is normal) loves dogs. That's a pretty fvcked up admission by her.

I'll bet she's peaked politically.
The comments on her facebook post after this story broke are a decent litmus test for the general reaction. I obviously didn't read them all - there are over a thousand comments - but scrolling through you can see a lot of people saying how horrible what she did is, but there are more than a few people who say. they agree with what she did.

Interestingly, she also mentioned putting three horses down within the last three weeks in that post. Even if putting down older horses might be more palatable, it might not be the best time to double down on killing animals.

I just read that. What a disgusting human. Like she couldn’t find a home for the poor thing?
I mentioned in a previous thread that I read some of the facebook comments on Noem's recent facebook post. What you've suggested is the no-brainer, common sense approach to how she should have handled things.

There will be an unfortunately large contingent of brain dead MAGA morons saying that conventional wisdom is wrong and that people who suggest that 'never lived on a farm'

In fact, I'm a little surprised we haven't seen that commentary here yet.

The comments on her facebook post after this story broke are a decent litmus test for the general reaction. I obviously didn't read them all - there are over a thousand comments - but scrolling through you can see a lot of people saying how horrible what she did is, but there are more than a few people who say. they agree with what she did.

Interestingly, she also mentioned putting three horses down within the last three weeks in that post. Even if putting down older horses might be more palatable, it might not be the best time to double down on killing animals.

Agree. I'm not intelligent enough to comment on the goat incident either (if it was truly violent towards kids/people, I could see an argument). But the dog just wasn't trainable for what she was doing - doesn't mean you have to kill it. There are other people that would entertain taking it.

There will be an unfortunately large contingent of brain dead MAGA morons saying that conventional wisdom is wrong and that people who suggest that 'never lived on a farm'

We put down our two cats a couple years ago. It was time. I never thought bragging about it to make me look tough.

Reactions: larsIU
I lived on a farm! And why she thought this was a good idea to bring up doesn’t bode very well for her political instincts.
I was thinking the same thing. This isn't some alleged thing, she came out and said it. It's a feature not a bug for her.

Reactions: larsIU
Agree. I'm not intelligent enough to comment on the goat incident either (if it was truly violent towards kids/people, I could see an argument). But the dog just wasn't trainable for what she was doing - doesn't mean you have to kill it. There are other people that would entertain taking it.
Yep. She probably wouldn't even have to go to the effort of taking the dog to a shelter. She could have posted that she wanted the dog to go to a new home and that dog would either be adopted or taken to a shelter within hours.

Spare us with your idiotic last paragraph. Christ you people look the other way on a million things so don’t act like it’s one sided. Grow the **** up.

We had a dog like that once. Blue Heeler. Knew the dog would have protective instincts but we had no idea. Fine as a puppy, but as it approached a year old it was the meanest thing on four legs. Snarled and very aggressive toward everything that moved . Not a friendly warning bark at all. Scary. Didn’t get better with age. The dog was fine with us, but we finally had enough when it bit the neighbor kid hard while playing in our yard. She required constant control around others. I found a guy who lived on an acreage to take her. I still vividly remember the snarling growling lump of fur as we got her tied in the back of his pickup. Had he not taken her, I definitely would have had her put down. (She had her one bite) If I lived on a rural acreage, might have done it myself.

Last edited:

Wrong. She was never remotely being considered for VP. She's had affairs too.

• Haha
Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Yep. She probably wouldn't even have to go to the effort of taking the dog to a shelter. She could have posted that she wanted the dog to go to a new home and that dog would either be adopted or taken to a shelter within hours.
I don’t think many shelters would accept a dog known to be so aggressive. Every dog is entitled to one bite. That dog had its bite. The Noems and everyone who accepts the dog could be liable for the behavior.

I don’t have a problem with the goat thing. If her kids were small and it’s chasing them around, then it’s a danger to them.

The dog thing is not excusable to me.

All of this is based on the limited info in the op. I reserve the right to change my opinion.

She was never remotely being considered for VP. She's had affairs too.
200w.gif

I still remember when I was very young, our neighbor was a farmer who kept cats to control his mice population. Every now and then, one of them would turn up pregnant and when she gave birth, he would kill all the kittens with a hammer. He’d say I can’t afford to feed them.

It happened numerous times. I’ll never forget it.

To the surprise of virtually no one, there’s a little more to the story.

“Noem describes calling Cricket, then using an electronic collar to attempt to bring her under control. Nothing worked. Then, on the way home after the hunt, as Noem stopped to talk to a local family, Cricket escaped Noem’s truck and attacked the family’s chickens, “grabb[ing] one chicken at a time, crunching it to death with one bite, then dropping it to attack another”.

Cricket the untrainable dog, Noem writes, behaved like “a trained assassin”.

When Noem finally grabbed Cricket, she says, the dog “whipped around to bite me”. Then, as the chickens’ owner wept, Noem repeatedly apologised, wrote the shocked family a check “for the price they asked, and helped them dispose of the carcasses littering the scene of the crime”.

Through it all, Noem says, Cricket was “the picture of pure joy”.”

If that’s accurate, then I don’t really have a problem with it.

You are trying way too hard to find a reason to criticize Noem. We frequently hear of dogs being euthanized for aggressive behavior. They are a liability for anybody who owns one.
Again, it’s not just that she did it, it’s that she is bragging about it. She certainly had the means to take it to a shelter , who then could have gotten a trainer. I’m not trying hard at all. She made it easy.

Reactions: LedZep17
To the surprise of virtually no one, there’s a little more to the story.

“Noem describes calling Cricket, then using an electronic collar to attempt to bring her under control. Nothing worked. Then, on the way home after the hunt, as Noem stopped to talk to a local family, Cricket escaped Noem’s truck and attacked the family’s chickens, “grabb[ing] one chicken at a time, crunching it to death with one bite, then dropping it to attack another”.

Cricket the untrainable dog, Noem writes, behaved like “a trained assassin”.

When Noem finally grabbed Cricket, she says, the dog “whipped around to bite me”. Then, as the chickens’ owner wept, Noem repeatedly apologised, wrote the shocked family a check “for the price they asked, and helped them dispose of the carcasses littering the scene of the crime”.

Through it all, Noem says, Cricket was “the picture of pure joy”.”

If that’s accurate, then I don’t really have a problem with it.

All that aside, I wonder what she hoped to gain from including this in her memoir.

Again, it’s not just that she did it, it’s that she is bragging about it. She certainly had the means to take it to a shelter , who then could have gotten a trainer. I’m not trying hard at all. She made it easy.
Bragging? Lol. You are hopeless. She is in public life. She had no choice but to write about it.

Reactions: DANC
Same here. Putting down animals is part of rural life, but I don't get thinking it's something to be proud of.
Farm guy as well. We had a huge problem with packs of strays killing livestock when I was in highschool. The dogs were dealt with as you would expect but no one was happy doing it, no one would put it in a book and no one would brag about it. For those non farm people it can be peaceful, quiet, beautiful and crushingly harsh.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT