ADVERTISEMENT

Justice Alito

Libs are all for burning flags because they don’t mean anything but hang one upside down and anarchy ensues
Remind me which liberal SC Justice burned a flag and then we can actually have an apples to apples discussion, instead of your silliness.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
Maybe Alito and his wife felt in danger with Schumer and others threatening Supreme Court Justices. Maybe they felt in even more danger with Biden coming in office.
But I bet it’s ok when Trump and company threaten judges, jurors, poor old women who count votes, . Because Trump. That’s a really innovative excuse for why he did it. But then again, you’ve been making excuses for Trump for a decade, so you’re getting good at it.

But I bet it’s ok when Trump and company threaten judges, jurors, poor old women who count votes, . Because Trump. That’s a really innovative excuse for why he did it. But then again, you’ve been making excuses for Trump for a decade, so you’re getting good at it.
You want to reconsider your decade comment?

You don’t know what an upside down flag stands for?
It was January 17th. A week and a half after January 6th. Seems like a long time to wait to indicate dire distress or imminent danger if the reason was January 6th itself.

What do YOU think it means and what is the significance? IE, what do you think they were trying to convey and why does it matter?

Big nothingburger.

Did I use that correctly?

If Nancy Pelosi can claim that her husband has a right to trade stocks when she has information about legislation that affects those companies, why can't Alito's wife fly an upside down flag in response to her neighbor's signs that she feels are personal attacks?

Rights are only for the legislative branch?

Big nothingburger.

If Nancy Pelosi can claim that her husband has a right to trade stocks when she has information about legislation that affects those companies, why can't Alito's wife fly an upside down flag in response to her neighbor's signs that she feels are personal attacks?

She can. In fact, he can, too. It's just traditionally been considered unseemly for justices to act this way. But there's nothing wrong with it.

So I take it you don't think Thomas should recuse either? Wives activities should have no impact?
I don't think justices should recuse only because their spouses are politically involved with one of the parties. A financial entanglement would raise my eyebrows more. I don't think Thomas should rule on a case that stands to earn his wife money.

Reactions: BradStevens
I don't think justices should recuse only because their spouses are politically involved with one of the parties. A financial entanglement would raise my eyebrows more. I don't think Thomas should rule on a case that stands to earn his wife money.
I think she's already earned hers.

It was January 17th. A week and a half after January 6th. Seems like a long time to wait to indicate dire distress or imminent danger if the reason was January 6th itself.

What do YOU think it means and what is the significance? IE, what do you think they were trying to convey and why does it matter?
I have no idea why he/she did it. But doesn’t everyone know the upside down flag is a sign of distress?

Big nothingburger.

Um. Because Supreme Court justices are supposed to be non political? Those two things are totally unrelated, but both wrong.

I have no idea why he/she did it. But doesn’t everyone know the upside down flag is a sign of distress?
Did you read the article linked in the OP or are you just posting to post your side's POV?

Rhetorical question.

Did you read the article linked in the OP or are you just posting to post your side's POV?

Rhetorical question.
Yes. I know why she said she did it. I was answering a question asked of me. Why does anyone post anything?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT