ADVERTISEMENT

Just Voted My Arse Off

MyTeamIsOnTheFloor

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2001
Duckburg
As a threat to democracy, I voted for Ky. Const. amendment 1, which gives the legislature the power to call extra sessions. Currently only a Governor can. ”Make ‘em vote. Hold ‘em responsible.”

As a further threat to democracy, I voted against Amendment 2, not because I am pro-abortion, but because I view it as an improper attempt to limit the power of the courts to interpret the Constitution, despite Constitutional provisions here that prohibit one “department” (Executive, Legislative, Judicial) from ”exercising the powers” assigned to another. If you want to prohibit abortion, do it openly - “The legislature shall make no law ….”. You don’t fix a Constitution by violating a Constitution.

Voted for Rand “Common Sense” Paul, the dumbest eye surgeon in the land according to the brainiacs here. His anti-cop, pro-BLM opponent can kiss my big butt in the middle of rush-hour Main Street.

I did not vote for the BLM guy who got off his meds and shot at my friend who is running for mayor, even though, as a threat to democracy, he remained on the ballot. I predict he will still get at least 5,000 votes.

Didn’t vote for Craig either. He pandered. Claims he will order the cops to not enforce abortion laws. Don’t care that it’s about abortion. A mayor can’t and shouldn’t have such a power.

Voted for a new personal record 4 Democrats on one ballot, including County Attorney (prosecutor). Some were unopposed, but I refused to vote for a lot of unopposed, especially judges, and only voted if I KNEW ABOUT the people. Judges run “non-partisan” here, but I voted for 2 I knew to be middle left Democrats. Sadly, I count 6 unopposed judges who I feel are not good judges, but even as a threat to democracy, I accept bad election results as par.

Go vote.

My Peanut Butter sandwich is a threat to democracy. I intend to end its existence for the common good. With anti-democracy lemonade.

As a threat to democracy, I voted for Ky. Const. amendment 1, which gives the legislature the power to call extra sessions. Currently only a Governor can. ”Make ‘em vote. Hold ‘em responsible.”

As a further threat to democracy, I voted against Amendment 2, not because I am pro-abortion, but because I view it as an improper attempt to limit the power of the courts to interpret the Constitution, despite Constitutional provisions here that prohibit one “department” (Executive, Legislative, Judicial) from ”exercising the powers” assigned to another. If you want to prohibit abortion, do it openly - “The legislature shall make no law ….”. You don’t fix a Constitution by violating a Constitution.

Voted for Rand “Common Sense” Paul, the dumbest eye surgeon in the land according to the brainiacs here. His anti-cop, pro-BLM opponent can kiss my big butt in the middle of rush-hour Main Street.

I did not vote for the BLM guy who got off his meds and shot at my friend who is running for mayor, even though, as a threat to democracy, he remained on the ballot. I predict he will still get at least 5,000 votes.

Didn’t vote for Craig either. He pandered. Claims he will order the cops to not enforce abortion laws. Don’t care that it’s about abortion. A mayor can’t and shouldn’t have such a power.

Voted for a new personal record 4 Democrats on one ballot, including County Attorney (prosecutor). Some were unopposed, but I refused to vote for a lot of unopposed, especially judges, and only voted if I KNEW ABOUT the people. Judges run “non-partisan” here, but I voted for 2 I knew to be middle left Democrats. Sadly, I count 6 unopposed judges who I feel are not good judges, but even as a threat to democracy, I accept bad election results as par.

Go vote.

My Peanut Butter sandwich is a threat to democracy. I intend to end its existence for the common good. With anti-democracy lemonade.
Which way did you vote on the soul of the GOP?

Reactions: 76-1

Go vote.

Vote early and often! 😀

Go vote.

My Peanut Butter sandwich is a threat to democracy. I intend to end its existence for the common good. With anti-democracy lemonadeGA.

You're damn right peanut butter sandwichs are a threat to democracy.

I thought we already established that grilled cheese was the way to go.

I voted for two, count em TWO, Republicans. I voted for Spartz in IN 5 b/c she's boring and I like boring politicians. I voted for the Republican State Treasurer as well b/c IN is in good fiscal shape so, you know, keep it up.

I do not vote in races where anyone (including Dems) runs unopposed. Call it a protest.

Reactions: All4You
My entire home voted early this morning to end democracy. I did however pull one blue lever, a local race only because I like the Dem candidate and it really has zero impact.

Almost voted for one R because she's my neighbor, seems decent, and didn't campaign on cutting taxes. But she's running for Congress in a D district, so had to go with the bigger picture. All the other Rs said the same thing about cutting taxes, hiring more cops, and improving schools. I've concluded Rs all failed math.

Almost voted for one R because she's my neighbor, seems decent, and didn't campaign on cutting taxes. But she's running for Congress in a D district, so had to go with the bigger picture. All the other Rs said the same thing about cutting taxes, hiring more cops, and improving schools. I've concluded Rs all failed math.
SO it seems that cutting taxes is your critical factor.
Does that mean that you want to and will voluntarily just send in more $$ to the governments (fed and state), or that you just want me to be forced to? Without any question to limiting spending

Reactions: stollcpa
SO it seems that cutting taxes is your critical factor.
Does that mean that you want to and will voluntarily just send in more $$ to the governments (fed and state), or that you just want me to be forced to? Without any question to limiting spending
I am overall happy with the government services I get. If you're going to cut revenues, tell me what I'll have to give up. Maybe I'd agree. But for God's sake don't tell me you're going to cut taxes and spend more money. Sounds good, but things don't work that way.

Reactions: UncleMark
I am overall happy with the government services I get. If you're going to cut revenues, tell me what I'll have to give up. Maybe I'd agree. But for God's sake don't tell me you're going to cut taxes and spend more money. Sounds good, but things don't work that way.
Upon further review, If what you typed here is your true feeling.. Then I think we are aligned. We spend WAY too much on the federal level and DC spouts some BS about cutting income (us paying) without cutting the payable's (our money going out). There is ZERO reason that our government should be the huge (plurality) employer that it is, unless DC's long play is for us all to be servants to the powerful cabal of DC.
It's gotta stop! You keep $.97 of your dollar and prosper brother! I will, he will, she will, we all will! CUT SPENDING ! !

Reactions: dr.jb
Upon further review, If what you typed here is your true feeling.. Then I think we are aligned. We spend WAY too much on the federal level and DC spouts some BS about cutting income (us paying) without cutting the payable's (our money going out). There is ZERO reason that our government should be the huge (plurality) employer that it is, unless DC's long play is for us all to be servants to the powerful cabal of DC.
It's gotta stop! You keep $.97 of your dollar and prosper brother! I will, he will, she will, we all will! CUT SPENDING ! !
Not sure we're in the same place as far as what we're willing to have government do, but I agree completely that's the conversation we should have. Not a promise to cut taxes and ignore what we're going to give up as a result (or make our grandkids pay for through a bigger deficit).

Not sure we're in the same place as far as what we're willing to have government do, but I agree completely that's the conversation we should have. Not a promise to cut taxes and ignore what we're going to give up as a result (or make our grandkids pay for through a bigger defi
Are you happy with your grandkids paying for an Ukraine war that they can’t win?

Yeah, states and local don't get to spend more than they bring in, and voodoo economics doesn't seem to work in real time (if at all). Just ask Brownback and Kansas.

Not sure we're in the same place as far as what we're willing to have government do, but I agree completely that's the conversation we should have.
Meh, who know's, we may not be as far apart as one would think. I personally think that most of us agree that we need to help each other to get back on their feet. Limiting the waste, corrupt and silly spending so we limit income needs would fix a lot of the divide.

Not a promise to cut taxes and ignore what we're going to give up as a result (or make our grandkids pay for through a bigger deficit).
It sure would be nice to have all of the "pluses" and "minuses" wouldn't it! Lay it all on the table so WE can decide what our money is for without having the feeling of being coerced, lied to, hood winked, having smoke blown up our asses. ... I am totally behind this... But those in power won't give up the pow$r on their own, and they love blowing smok$ signals up our assess.
Minimize DC to what it's intention was to start with. HAve State's Governors grow balls and claim their power, and then follow their more local electors voices. ANd for gods sake, inform every stake holder (umm that is all citizens) of every effing move!
Government OF the people FOR the people, BY the people... Not
Government OF DC for DC by DC. ...

Reactions: dr.jb
Do you vote for people who tell you they are going to increase government services and not raise taxes?

Add jalapeño's, green olives, and tomatoes
Add those things to the PB sammich, or the Grilled cheese?
Either way, I will try it, but would appreciate a pointer in the right direction!
(I'd guess the Grilled cheese?)

Do you vote for people who tell you they are going to increase government services and not raise taxes?
That's a great question, and the honest answer is yes, though I hold my nose if that means anything. Bottom line us our current choices suck.

Reactions: snarlcakes
Meh, who know's, we may not be as far apart as one would think. I personally think that most of us agree that we need to help each other to get back on their feet. Limiting the waste, corrupt and silly spending so we limit income needs would fix a lot of the divide.

It sure would be nice to have all of the "pluses" and "minuses" wouldn't it! Lay it all on the table so WE can decide what our money is for without having the feeling of being coerced, lied to, hood winked, having smoke blown up our asses. ... I am totally behind this... But those in power won't give up the pow$r on their own, and they love blowing smok$ signals up our assess.
Minimize DC to what it's intention was to start with. HAve State's Governors grow balls and claim their power, and then follow their more local electors voices. ANd for gods sake, inform every stake holder (umm that is all citizens) of every effing move!
Government OF the people FOR the people, BY the people... Not
Government OF DC for DC by DC. ...
Would love to see us move toward a crowd sourced democracy. Do we really need Congress in the information age?

That's a great question, and the honest answer is yes, though I hold my nose if that means anything. Bottom line us our current choices suck.
Intresting. So do you vote wholly just to get more "stuff" ? I don't ask so I get a "Slam Piece" I swear.
I have a 15 yr long good friend, relatively conservative type person, but admittedly advertised he was voting D just to get his Student loan forgiven. Hated everything else, but decided " to hell with it, I want my loans forgiven".
Is that how you think? Again, I don't ask to get a gotcha that I will mock you. I swear! I am just legitimately interested in your mindset.

Would love to see us move toward a crowd sourced democracy. Do we really need Congress in the information age?
Do you mean 50, crowd sourced Democracies? Even if so, I am not sure I understand what you mean. .. Isn't the senate and the house, " crowd sourced"? (YOu may be using youngster lingo that I don't understand).

Grilled cheese is a threat to democracy.
Hungry Grilled Cheese GIF by 8it

Intresting. So do you vote wholly just to get more "stuff" ? I don't ask so I get a "Slam Piece" I swear.
I have a 15 yr long good friend, relatively conservative type person, but admittedly advertised he was voting D just to get his Student loan forgiven. Hated everything else, but decided " to hell with it, I want my loans forgiven".
Is that how you think? Again, I don't ask to get a gotcha that I will mock you. I swear! I am just legitimately interested in your mindset.
I don't need more stuff, just think we should pay for the government we have.

Do you mean 50, crowd sourced Democracies? Even if so, I am not sure I understand what you mean. .. Isn't the senate and the house, " crowd sourced"? (YOu may be using youngster lingo that I don't understand).
Here's more from Wiki. They use the term collaborative e-democracy. But the general idea is more direct citizen involvement in policy decision-making.

Collaborative e-democracy refers to a political system in which governmental stakeholders (politicians/parties, ministers, parliamentarians etc.) and non-governmental stakeholders (NGOs, political lobbies, local communities, individual citizens, etc.) collaborate on the development of public laws and policies. This collaborative policymaking process is conducted on a governmental social networking site in which all citizens are members (collaborative e-policy-making).

While directly elected government officials (i.e. ‘proxy representatives’) would conduct the vast majority of law and policy-making processes (representative democracy), the citizens would retain their final voting power on each issue (direct democracy). Additionally each citizen would be empowered to propose their own policies to the electorate and thus initiate new policy processes where applicable (initiative). Collaboratively generated policies would consider the opinion of a larger proportion of the citizenry; therefore they may be more just, more sustainable, and thus easier to implement.

Here's more from Wiki. They use the term collaborative e-democracy. But the general idea is more direct citizen involvement in policy decision-making.

Collaborative e-democracy refers to a political system in which governmental stakeholders (politicians/parties, ministers, parliamentarians etc.) and non-governmental stakeholders (NGOs, political lobbies, local communities, individual citizens, etc.) collaborate on the development of public laws and policies. This collaborative policymaking process is conducted on a governmental social networking site in which all citizens are members (collaborative e-policy-making).

While directly elected government officials (i.e. ‘proxy representatives’) would conduct the vast majority of law and policy-making processes (representative democracy), the citizens would retain their final voting power on each issue (direct democracy). Additionally each citizen would be empowered to propose their own policies to the electorate and thus initiate new policy processes where applicable (initiative). Collaboratively generated policies would consider the opinion of a larger proportion of the citizenry; therefore they may be more just, more sustainable, and thus easier to implement.
emoji-yellow-pondering-face-right-hand-icon-114926986.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT