ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Biden is the WOAT

Our country is more polarized than ever and that’s driving polarity in these polls.

I think JB sucks but he’s nowhere near the worst ever.
Yup. 40% plus will vote against whoever the current president is simply for the fact that the president isn't from their party.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Only if you limit yourself to first terms. He's way ahead of Bush was for the second half of his second term.

Not that that is much consolation.

Do approval rating polls (GWB high 92%, low 19%) tell us how bad a president is doing, or how fickled those being polled are ?

Having said that, got a feeling today's divided country prevents any president from getting a 92% approval as GWB did in the aftermath of 9/11.

Looking ahead and seeing how divided the country is over the election between Trump and Biden am wondering, what either could do, to say have an approval rating in the high 40s.

This just doesn't make for a healthy political environment and makes governing dysfunctional.

Do approval rating polls (GWB high 92%, low 19%) tell us how bad a president is doing, or how fickled those being polled are ?

Having said that, got a feeling today's divided country prevents any president from getting a 92% approval as GWB did in the aftermath of 9/11.

Looking ahead and seeing how divided the country is over the election between Trump and Biden am wondering, what either could do, to say have an approval rating in the high 40s.

This just doesn't make for a healthy political environment and makes governing dysfunctional.
I think in the near future, a president who polls above 50 is probably doing very well.

Be normal. Not be a woke progressive cuck that panders to a fraction of society while threatening producers and not be a serial liar who refuses to play by the rules and promotes conspiracy bs

The bar is very low.

Our country is more polarized than ever and that’s driving polarity in these polls.

I think JB sucks but he’s nowhere near the worst ever.

Everyone hates him. Think about it for a second...

Far left Dems hate him. Arab countries hate him. Israel hates him. Moderates hate him. Military personnel hate him. Russia hates him. China hates him. Brazil hates him. Argentina hates him.

You almost have to try to be this hated. He's a laughingstock.

Far left Dems hate him. Arab countries hate him. Israel hates him. Moderates hate him. Military personnel hate him. Russia hates him. China hates him. Brazil hates him. Argentina hates him.

All of that is true but there is nobody that those groups won’t hate. The only ones I care about not hating a president are some Arab countries and Brazil and Argentina. Who ****ing cares if china and Russia hate him? Means he’s probably ok.

What do you mean “Brazil hates him”. Wasn’t Biden supportive of the autocratic Marxist Lula to replace Bolsonaro?

Because Bolsonaro and Trump got along and all….

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Trump's is entirely due to his personality and not things like policy which impacts your day to day life. His policies, the things that matter, are mostly popular.
I think most moderates would agree with this. The problem is, is he so objectionable as a candidate/person that they won’t vote for him anyway?

Who would be worse? Carter? For modern times he is pretty f---ing terrible. I suppose there is a worse guy in the late 19th century we may be overlooking.
Yeah I don’t think there’s a worse president in modern history. These prices are record high. 40 year high. Blah blah blah. It’s one hell of a legacy. One president destroyed the American dream for tens of millions. My ears are open to a president having done worse in modern history

Reactions: DANC and jet812
Yeah I don’t think there’s a worse president in modern history. These prices are record high. 40 year high. Blah blah blah. It’s one hell of a legacy. One president destroyed the American dream for tens of millions. My ears are open to a president having done worse in modern history
Look at this chart. Right after he took office.

And of course Covid played a role but his progressive agenda was unrelated to Covid. The left’s absurdly draconian response to Covid exacerbated home prices etc with its impact on commercial real estate remote work etc but Biden is simply an unmitigated disaster. The thought of reelection is mind boggling

There are a lot of dead soldiers who went into endless wars started by GWB.

And yes plenty of turds from the 19th century like Johnson, Harding, etc.

Very fair point on GWB

Reactions: UncleMark

happy-gilmore.gif

Be normal. Not be a woke progressive cuck that panders to a fraction of society while threatening producers and not be a serial liar who refuses to play by the rules and promotes conspiracy bs

The bar is very low.

These days a "normal" (as in not a hate filled partisan) candidate gets eliminated in the primaries by the extreme party zealot voters who never miss a primary election.

This leaves only the super partisan guys who thrive on expressing hate to members of the other party. Unfortunately this has become the New Normal .

On top of this, negative political ads put the hate filled frosting on the cake.

Furthermote, the vindictiveness has spread throughout the country thanks to the social media.
Who would be worse? Carter? For modern times he is pretty f---ing terrible. I suppose there is a worse guy in the late 19th century we may be overlooking.
Craze, outside of maybe Herbert Hoover, I cannot think of a president who faced more bad events which were outside his control than did Jimmy Carter.

These events included continued inflation, energy crisis created by OPEC, Russia invading Afghanistan, Iranian hostage crisis, and rise of foreign competition (autos. chemicals and steel as led by Japan).

Carter was elected to some degree because he was an outsider as the Publlic had lost faith in Washington insiders thanks to Watergate. Unfortunately for Carter, even the Democrat insiders treated the "Georgia Mafia" and Carter with some disdain upon their arrival.

Fortunate timing and just plain luck, especially with the economy and foreign affairs, can make or break the presidency and how the public views a particular president.

I don't think you can lay that all at his feet though. 9/11 kind of forced his hand on quite a bit of that. I don't believe Bush was worse than Joe.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT