ADVERTISEMENT

Jasmine Crockett (D-TX)

That’s the point of the investigation. If he has nothing to hide why worry.

He showed up.

They wouldn't let him testify.

And lets not act like this would be a dem shit show. MTG has shown photos of Hunter nude once, and yesterday showed them again, this time with blackout around his dick, with dems objecting and the GOP letting them into evidence.

That seems like it's really important to Hunter and whether he's corrupt.

He showed up.

And lets not act like this would be a dem shit show. MTG has shown photos of Hunter nude once, and yesterday showed them again, this time with blackout around his dick, with dems objecting and the GOP letting them into evidence.

Link where he appeared for a depo

And that’s the point. A depo would be conducted by lawyers not the blinkards in congress

They don't need proof. The word of their politicians is enough because conservatives never lie
Hunter is indicted on felonies. Whistleblowers testified they had leads to the president. If the reverse were true you would be all over it. Americans deserve to know

He showed up.

Also, MTG after being on the Oversight Committee for over a year, asked what the rules are. AOC answered: "We were given the rules on day 1."

This is why the Republican Party is the disaster it is today.

And that’s the point. A depo would be conducted by lawyers not the blinkards in congress
I don't think that one is necessarily true. I am certainly not an expert in this matter, but isn't this a congressional subpoena? Isn't this a "sit down in front of committee members and answer their questions" kinda thing? I don't think this is the same thing as a criminal investigation deposition.

While I am sure that some of those committee members could also be lawyers, I don't think it would be exclusively thus.

I mean, the objections I am seeing from the right here with regards to it being shown publicly is that the "democrats would turn it into a circus". Wouldn't that imply that it is being run by committee members and not by lawyers?

As far as abiding by congressional subpoenas, the 1/6 committee was fundamentally illegitimate due to the fact that Pelosi blocked McCarthy’s committee appointments. This lead to the spectacle and farce of two the committee only having two lame duck republicans in it.

Democrats have been allowed to put whoever they like on this committee, and the committee has decided they would like a closed door deposition before opening up to a media spectacle where no one is going to find out anything.

Hunter should abide.
Not a single court ruled that the J6 Comitee was "illegitimate", so good luck on convincing anyone that isn't a MAGA loon that Hunter should be held in contempt when that little weasel Jim Jordan wasn't. Not going to win that PR battle, too many people know the facts...

This is just stupid on the part of the GOP, and just a move designed to please Trump. They may not even be able to get this nonsense thru the full House, since they only have a 2 vote majority. Jordan is unpopular even among Pubs, so the chances that two Pubs will refuse to back the hypocrisy of holding HB in contempt while not doing the same for Jordan seems pretty high. I can envision 3 or 4 present or absent GOP votes, which will make Comer look like even more of a clown...

When your moral authority comes from people like Jordan, Comer,MTG,Boebert and Gaetz, along with lesser clowns like Gosard and Perry you aren't going to win PR battles. Goldman basically forced Perry to turn tail and run, and unlike when Hunter snubbed MTG it wasn't over dick pics...

Every nonsensical claim Perry made is pure projection. He's the one who attempted to stage a coup to keep his guy, who doesn't care about America, in power...

I don't think that one is necessarily true. I am certainly not an expert in this matter, but isn't this a congressional subpoena? Isn't this a "sit down in front of committee members and answer their questions" kinda thing? I don't think this is the same thing as a criminal investigation deposition.

While I am sure that some of those committee members could also be lawyers, I don't think it would be exclusively thus.

I mean, the objections I am seeing from the right here with regards to it being shown publicly is that the "democrats would turn it into a circus". Wouldn't that imply that it is being run by committee members and not by lawyers?
biden gets lawyers to defend. rules state member or counsel so i would hope the members would have enough sense to use counsel but again i think are congress folks are by and large pretty stupid. here are the rules re transcripts etc

Link where he appeared for a depo

biden gets lawyers to defend. rules state member or counsel so i would hope the members would have enough sense to use counsel but again i think are congress folks are by and large pretty stupid. here are the rules re transcripts etc

^^^“our congress folks are…stupid”

I think that’s what you meant about being stupid. Never know, though 🤷‍♂️.

^^^“our congress folks are…stupid”

I think that’s what you meant about being stupid. Never know, though 🤷‍♂️.
Mike Johnson is going to regret stepping into this nest of vipers. They are already talking about ousting him before Feb1, and Comer thinks he can get a unanimous (GOP) vote to hold Hunter in contempt? Bwahaaaaa...
Cherry picked cuts purporting to show that Crockett is some sort of Dem version of MTG, Boebert Gosard etc...

Clearly that's not the case, although I'll grant you she affects the (John) Kennedy Texas/LA drawl. She has a law degree, and clearly has the ability to communicate clearly, when not playing the John Kennedy role...

Yeah, subpoenas matter. So those Republicans were wrong and so is Hunter. Are you going to continue to whatabout or are you going to say that Hunter should do his duty?

I wouldn't be in Hunter's shoes and nobody is lying about the douche.

As to publically doing the hearing, they aren't going to give him and Democrats the chance to get in front of a camera and stonewall with whatabout sound bites that talk about everything but the question at hand.
The Comer clowns are playing checkers while Hunter Biden's legal team is conducting a masterful exhibition of chess...

. It's amazing how often Comer's crew steps on it, and I'm beginning to think they just aren't that bright...

As things currently stand, it is impossible for the MAGAs to hold Hunter in contempt of Congress because the subpeona issued early Nov is invalid. At least in terms of being enforceable by DOJ...

The thing that makes this so delicious is that it is something they should have known,since it was a DOJ ruling. It came in the form of an OLC letter initially issued by Barr and then repeatedly promoted by Comer in defense of witnesses who refused to respond to Congressional subpoena's issued during the Trump impeachment...

Basically Barr determined that there was no grounds to prosecute any witness for contempt of Congress as part of an Impeachment Inquiry where there had not been a formal impeachment inquiry authorized by Congress. And in his OLC letter, Barr also determined that it was not retroactive.

In other words, this subpoena was issued to Hunter in Nov, but Congress did not authorize a formal inquiry until Dec 10. Again what makes this particularly satisfying is that Barr issued this recomendation as a means of justifying the DOJ failing to prosecute any witnesses who ignored a subpoena issued to them in connection with the Trump inquiry before the full Congress voted to authorize it.

And it's important to note that these sort of OLC findings are basically a blueprint for how DOJ operates. In fact it was a similar OLC rule that limited Mueller's options when it came to Trump and prevented him from investigating,much less pursuing charges against Trump for obstruction.

Now why did Hunter's legal team know all this and Comer,Jordan and their crowd didn't? I'd say it's because they're idiots, and point to MTG as exhibit A.

I guess they can issue another subpoena, but I don't know how long a process that might involve. They're losing a couple more GOP members in the next few days, and at some point reasonable Pubs from purple districts are going to lose patience with all these shennanigans.

It's not like they're going to get any "incriminating" answers behind closed doors. They just want the optics of Hunter (who is under criminal indictment) taking the 5th. so they can portray it as Hunter "protecting" Joe.

At this point,I believe even Comer and Jordan know how foolish therir claims are, since they haven't been able to provide any example of Biden changing US policy in response to a bribe. And I'm not sure how a VP is supposed to influence policy anyway,since the only vote he/she has is as a tiebreaker in a deadlocked Senate.

They have no example of Joe getting money from anyone while he was VP, just loan repayments from his brother and son a year after he left Govt. Hell I'm starting to wonder if the only reason Comer and Jordan don't just back away from this insanity is that they're afraid if they do MTG will hold up pics of their balls and Trump will post a pic of them with a baseball bat in a menacing position...

Last edited:
The Comer clowns are playing checkers while Hunter Biden's legal team is conducting a masterful exhibition of chess...

. It's amazing how often Comer's crew steps on it, and I'm beginning to think they just aren't that bright...

As things currently stand, it is impossible for the MAGAs to hold Hunter in contempt of Congress because the subpeona issued early Nov is invalid. At least in terms of being enforceable by DOJ...

The thing that makes this so delicious is that it is something they should have known,since it was a DOJ ruling. It came in the form of an OLC letter initially issued by Barr and then repeatedly promoted by Comer in defense of witnesses who refused to respond to Congressional subpoena's issued during the Trump impeachment...

Basically Barr determined that there was no grounds to prosecute any witness for contempt of Congress as part of an Impeachment Inquiry where there had not been a formal impeachment inquiry authorized by Congress. And in his OLC letter, Barr also determined that it was not retroactive.

In other words, this subpoena was issued to Hunter in Nov, but Congress did not authorize a formal inquiry until Dec 10. Again what makes this particularly satisfying is that Barr issued this recomendation as a means of justifying the DOJ failing to prosecute any witnesses who ignored a subpoena issued to them in connection with the Trump inquiry before the full Congress voted to authorize it.

And it's important to note that these sort of OLC findings are basically a blueprint for how DOJ operates. In fact it was a similar OLC rule that limited Mueller's options when it came to Trump and prevented him from investigating,much less pursuing charges against Trump for obstruction.

Now why did Hunter's legal team know all this and Comer,Jordan and their crowd didn't? I'd say it's because they're idiots, and point to MTG as exhibit A.

I guess they can issue another subpoena, but I don't know how long a process that might involve. They're losing a couple more GOP members in the next few days, and at some point reasonable Pubs from purple districts are going to lose patience with all these shennanigans.

It's not like they're going to get any "incriminating" answers behind closed doors. They just want the optics of Hunter (who is under criminal indictment) taking the 5th. so they can portray it as Hunter "protecting" Joe.

At this point,I believe even Comer and Jordan know how foolish therir claims are, since they haven't been able to provide any example of Biden changing US policy in response to a bribe. And I'm not sure how a VP is supposed to influence policy anyway,since the only vote he/she has is as a tiebreaker in a deadlocked Senate.

They have no example of Joe getting money from anyone while he was VP, just loan repayments from his brother and son a year after he left Govt. Hell I'm starting to wonder if the only reason Comer and Jordan don't just back away from this insanity is that they're afraid if they do MTG will hold up pics of their balls and Trump will post a pic of them with a baseball bat in a menacing position...
I don’t believe Hunter should have walked out while Trailer Green was talking. He should have said her new man must be hung like a fetus and offered her fresh dick pics if she’s tired of carrying the same pic everywhere.

OK, Republicans. It's on! You get your one big chance to blow this whole thing wide open and finally prove your allegations.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...edaf9bd8a7492e970035726c0ba676&ei=12#comments

I think this was key:

“The president’s son is a key witness in this investigation and he’s gonna be able to come in now and sit down and answer questions in a substantive, orderly manner,” Rep. James Comer, chair of the Oversight Committee, told reporters. He added that Hunter Biden will be able to testify publicly sometime after his deposition.​

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT