ADVERTISEMENT

Jasmine Crockett (D-TX)

Reactions: IU_Hickory
The very people going after hunter for defying a subpoena had previously defied their own subpoenas. How do you justify their hypocrisy?

They are in the government which is one of the most corrupting influences in this country. Yet you want more of it as does Ms. Crockett. Whenever you put people above you, you are handing them the power to be hypocrites who take advantage of the situation. And for the ones who have garnered enough attention for you to know their names, they usually have and do.

Finally, we are coming full circle on that whole "If he was wrong he should be punished" thing. All hollow words when the rubber starts to actually meet the road. Also completely predictable...."Whatabout?...."

They are in the government which is one of the most corrupting influences in this country. Yet you want more of it as does Ms. Crockett. Whenever you put people above you, you are handing them the power to be hypocrites who take advantage of the situation. And for the ones who have garnered enough attention for you to know their names, they usually have and do.

Finally, we are coming full circle on that whole "If he was wrong he should be punished" thing. All hollow words when the rubber starts to actually meet the road. Also completely predictable...."Whatabout?...."
Subpoenas mean something or they don't. It isn't different rules based on which party submitted the subpeonas.

Republicans initially gave hunter the option of it being done publicly but when he took that option they changed their mind and wanted it to be private.

If you were in hunter's shoes and had people constantly lying about you (from his perspective), then why would you agree to let them control the narrative and try twisting what was said behind closed doors?

Why are republicans so afraid of it being done publicly? Afraid of the truth?

Reactions: DrHoops
Subpoenas mean something or they don't. It isn't different rules based on which party submitted the subpeonas.

Republicans initially gave hunter the option of it being done publicly but when he took that option they changed their mind and wanted it to be private.

If you were in hunter's shoes and had people constantly lying about you (from his perspective), then why would you agree to let them control the narrative and try twisting what was said behind closed doors?

Why are republicans so afraid of it being done publicly? Afraid of the truth?

Yeah, subpoenas matter. So those Republicans were wrong and so is Hunter. Are you going to continue to whatabout or are you going to say that Hunter should do his duty?

I wouldn't be in Hunter's shoes and nobody is lying about the douche.

As to publically doing the hearing, they aren't going to give him and Democrats the chance to get in front of a camera and stonewall with whatabout sound bites that talk about everything but the question at hand.

Yeah, subpoenas matter. So those Republicans were wrong and so is Hunter. Are you going to continue to whatabout or are you going to say that Hunter should do his duty?

I wouldn't be in Hunter's shoes and nobody is lying about the douche.

As to publically doing the hearing, they aren't going to give him and Democrats the chance to get in front of a camera and stonewall with whatabout sound bites that talk about everything but the question subpoenas.

Republicans are lying out their ass about hunter.

Republicans should also honor their word and do it publicly like they had initially offered.

We obviously know their word is worth shit

• Haha
Reactions: 76-1
Republicans are lying out their ass about hunter.

Republicans should also honor their word and do it publicly like they had initially offered.

We obviously know their word is worth shit

"He should be in trouble if he did something" kind of went out the window with you huh? Color me shocked.

"He should be in trouble if he did something" kind of went out the window with you huh? Color me shocked.
Nope, he should be in trouble for what he actually did and he is already getting in trouble. Isn't he going to court in California or did I dream that?

He should also be able to testify in PUBLIC. Why are republicans afraid of the truth?

Do you think Don Jr and Eric should be getting in trouble for illegally profiting off foreign countries while in administration? Or do you think Republicans shouldn't have repercussions?

Last edited:
Nope, he should be in trouble for what he actually did and he is already getting in trouble. Isn't he going to court in California or did I dream that?

He should also be able to testify in PUBLIC. Why are republicans afraid of the truth?

Do you think Don Jr and Eric should be getting in trouble for illegally profiting off foreign countries while in administration? Or do you think Republicans shouldn't have repercussions?

Sometimes people get in enough trouble that they can be investigated and prosecuted in all sorts of different places. I mean, why is Georgia picking on Trump since New York already is? Kind of a stupid argument don't you think?

I already answered your question in paragraph two. Go back and read my prior post.

And we are back to the whatabouts in paragraph three.

• Haha

Are you talking about closed-door depositions

As far as abiding by congressional subpoenas, the 1/6 committee was fundamentally illegitimate due to the fact that Pelosi blocked McCarthy’s committee appointments. This lead to the spectacle and farce of two the committee only having two lame duck republicans in it.

Democrats have been allowed to put whoever they like on this committee, and the committee has decided they would like a closed door deposition before opening up to a media spectacle where no one is going to find out anything.

Hunter should abide.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Sometimes people get in enough trouble that they can be investigated and prosecuted in all sorts of different places. I mean, why is Georgia picking on Trump since New York already is? Kind of a stupid argument don't you think?

I already answered your question in paragraph two. Go back and read my prior post.

And we are back to the whatabouts in paragraph three.

No shit Sherlock. Republicans should honor their word and let him testify publicly.

Are you afraid of the truth?

No shit Sherlock. Republicans should honor their word and let him testify publicly.

Are you afraid of the truth?

I am uninterested in hearing every Democrat with an opportunity to talk waxing poetic for five minutes about the Trump kids and/or anything else but the topic at hand since they have a camera in their face with a chance to grandstand.

That is why you don't do it publically because they will do exactly what you are doing in this thread.

You get the last word, I will help you start, "Whatabout and why are you afraid of the truth...." you can fill in the rest of the blather from there.

I am uninterested in hearing every Democrat with an opportunity to talk waxing poetic for five minutes about the Trump kids and/or anything else but the topic at hand since they have a camera in their face with a chance to grandstand.

That is why you don't do it publically because they will do exactly what you are doing in this thread.

You get the last word, I will help you start, "Whatabout and why are you afraid of the truth...." you can fill in the rest of the blather from there.

He wants it done publicly so people can't twist his words.

People think Devin Archer was some gotcha witness, when if you actually read the transcript, he didn't confirm anything Republicans actually wanted him to confirm.

A lot of people don't know that though because they only believe what they see on social media and don't do the research themselves.

Let him tell his story publicly. Each member gets 5 minutes on both sides to ask questions. This shouldn't be hard to figure out.

He wants it done publicly so people can't twist his words.

People think Devin Archer was some gotcha witness, when if you actually read the transcript, he didn't confirm anything Republicans actually wanted him to confirm.

A lot of people don't know that though because they only believe what they see on social media and don't do the research themselves.

Let him tell his story publicly. Each member gets 5 minutes on both sides to ask questions. This shouldn't be hard to figure out.
How can they twist his words if there’s a transcript? That’s dumb. Really frickin dumb. “It has to be done publicly because we don’t trust Americans to sift through opinion and find readily available facts”. That’s gotta be the worst, horseshit excuse I’ve ever heard.

He wants it public so each person is limited to 5 minutes and the event can be more spectacle than deposition and follow up is limited. The Republicans are willing to let him have his spectacle, he just has to sit for a real deposition first.

How can they twist his words if there’s a transcript? That’s dumb. Really frickin dumb. “It has to be done publicly because we don’t trust Americans to sift through opinion and find readily available facts”. That’s gotta be the worst, horseshit excuse I’ve ever heard.

He wants it public so each person is limited to 5 minutes and the event can be more spectacle than deposition and follow up is limited. The Republicans are willing to let him have his spectacle, he just has to sit for a real deposition first.
Because Fox viewers don't read and they'll believe whatever crap is fed to them.

Reactions: IUPaterade724

Exactly

Jordan was there when Archer testified that he has no knowledge of anything the Bidens have done illegally, yet Jordan is still going on TV and promoting like he said something to the effect.

People don't tend to do their own research. We see that pretty regularly on this board.

Jordan was there when Archer testified that he has no knowledge of anything the Bidens have done illegally, yet Jordan is still going on TV and promoting like he said something to the effect.

People don't tend to do their own research. We see that pretty regularly on this board.
You think you can go through tax returns, wire transfers, llcs, registrations, filings, bank records on and on in detail in a public hearing. No. If you want to get info you have to do a depo. Hunter knows this. He knows he’s trying to trick the public with this show. Depo. Follow up depos to see if what he did is corroborated. . Then hearings.

You think you can go through tax returns, wire transfers, llcs, registrations, filings, bank records on and on in detail in a public hearing. No. If you want to get info you have to do a depo. Hunter knows this. He knows he’s trying to trick the public with this show. Depo. Follow up depos to see if what he did is corroborated. . Then hearings.

He thought he could back in October.

He thought he could back in October.
I have no idea about tweets or care about them. Maybe more info was found and they want to depose now. So what. If hunter has nothing to hide sit for a depo. There will be a transcript. Use the opp to vindicate himself. Hunter could absolve himself in detail and shut the pubs up

Bull shit.

Republicans want to be able to twist what hunter says and omit anything that doesn't fit their narrative

I am just pointing out republicans hypocrisy

Last edited:
That's really helped with the Devin Archer testimony.
Hunter should be the poster child for everything Dems fight against. Separate judicial system. White privilege. Here’s a crack head who cheats the gov out of millions. Prosecutors give him a deal no one else would get. He gets some rich dude to pay it off for him. Ignores gov depo notices. Shows up just doing what he wants. Broke yet somehow has Winston & Strawn representing him. He doesn’t have mark blades on a 1,500 retainer in a shared Regis office. Mercy. Guy is the poster child of privilege. He can sit for a depo like the rest of us would

There’s a court reporter and a transcript
And the Republicans will come out and say that the deposition was damning and cherry pick one or two lines, taken out of context, to show as "proof". They wont mention the other twelve and a half hours of testimony that directly refutes those few cherry picked lines and Fox wont mention it either.

I'd wager if you polled 100 random Fox News watchers and asked them if the Devon Archer testimony proved that Hunter Biden was peddling his father's influence, at least 95 would say "yes".

For the record though, I am not on Hunters side for this one. I believe he should go to the private deposition. There is a transcript. At this point, the Republicans are going to saw whatever they want anyways. The spin machines on both sides will do their jobs. Get your version on paper officially. That way, if it ever gets to the point of impeachment, the documentation is there.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
Hunter should be the poster child for everything Dems fight against. Separate judicial system. White privilege. Here’s a crack head who cheats the gov out of millions. Prosecutors give him a deal no one else would get. He gets some rich dude to pay it off for him. Ignores gov depo notices. Shows up just doing what he wants. Broke yet somehow has Winston & Strawn representing him. He doesn’t have mark blades on a 1,500 retainer in a shared Regis office. Mercy. Guy is the poster child of privilege. He can sit for a depo like the rest of us would

He did what Comer said was an option to him.

If I was Hunter, I would agree to the depo, but negotiate that it be on video and he had a copy so he could release it, so people could see his actual testimony and not get his words twisted by anyone.

That won't happen though because that's to easy a solution.

And the Republicans will come out and say that the deposition was damning and cherry pick one or two lines, taken out of context, to show as "proof". They wont mention the other twelve and a half hours of testimony that directly refutes those few cherry picked lines and Fox wont mention it either.

I'd wager if you polled 100 random Fox News watchers and asked them if the Devon Archer testimony proved that Hunter Biden was peddling his father's influence, at least 95 would say "yes".

For the record though, I am not on Hunters side for this one. I believe he should go to the private deposition. There is a transcript. At this point, the Republicans are going to saw whatever they want anyways. The spin machines on both sides will do their jobs. Get your version on paper officially. That way, if it ever gets to the point of impeachment, the documentation is there.
Oh my god do you really think the Biden family is without resources? Like 20 news networks who can publish the transcript?

And regardless so what. The gov wants to know why you have 20 llcs. Why whistleblowers said what they said etc.

He did what Comer said was an option to him.

If I was Hunter, I would agree to the depo, but negotiate that it be on video and he had a copy so he could release it, so people could see his actual testimony and not get his words twisted by anyone.

That won't happen though because that's to easy a solution.
Depos are routinely videotaped. And f Biden and his options. Show up or be held in contempt. Ridiculous. We wouldn’t get options. The guy cheated the gov of millions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT