ADVERTISEMENT

IU and Adidas

Wiedersehen

Junior
Jan 6, 2019
Merry Christmas all…

Gave and received a lot of IU gifts this year and have to say Adidas sucks. Anyone know the detail on this contract or when it’s up? Nike gear is 100x better and selection is orders of magnitude better. Think I’d rather be a UA school than Adidas.

Merry Christmas all…

Gave and received a lot of IU gifts this year and have to say Adidas sucks. Anyone know the detail on this contract or when it’s up? Nike gear is 100x better and selection is orders of magnitude better. Think I’d rather be a UA school than Adidas.
I hate adidas and so do all the players.

I like Adidas casual tennis shoes. They look cool. Different colors and what not. Where them to the office every day.

As for anything else and actual sports gear?.. garbage.

I remember the adidas sweaters with the over the top big logo. I wore those with a gold necklace. Guess jeans and had adidas forum(real IU ones) m. Tight rolled jeans etc…kids are wearing similar stuff again today. Adidas as usual missed the opportunity. They offer the forum but they are cheap quality and not offered in the classic colors as high tops.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Losing the branding identity linking Indiana to it's past greatness is a bad idea, let alone the fact adidas/indiana is one of the most lucrative deals in college sports.

"Indiana University Vice President and Director of Intercollegiate Athletics Fred Glass announced today that IU Athletics has extended its apparel agreement with adidas for eight years through 2024. The agreement, signed by all parties Monday, is worth $53.6 million and nearly doubles the annual commitment by adidas to IU Athletics from $3.7 million to $6.7 million over their previous agreement, an increase of 81 percent - making it one of the nation's largest."

I remember the adidas sweaters with the over the top big logo. I wore those with a gold necklace. Guess jeans and had adidas forum(real IU ones) m. Tight rolled jeans etc…

I think I saw you at the BTT in Chicago in early 2010s? That must've been you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT