ADVERTISEMENT

Irish Lion Closing?

Is 'technically aware of the presence" anything like the 'mostly peaceful' riots in the Summer of Love?
I could see that argument being made. However, if I pulled it out to buy into the Irish Loin, the "mostly peaceful" part of the argument would no longer hold water. A scorched earth policy would be instigated against my inferior forces.

Sell some guns to come up with $100k. Damn Hooky. How many guns you got!
Just a couple of old shotguns. Most of that 100k would come from DraftKings and FanDuel. The AOTF Douchebag Fantasy Golf League has been pretty good to me, and you can win steady money taking the over on Haliburton's assists. It's seasonal, but it's mostly honest work.

Just a couple of old shotguns. Most of that 100k would come from DraftKings and FanDuel. The AOTF Douchebag Fantasy Golf League has been pretty good to me, and you can win steady money taking the over on Haliburton's assists. It's seasonal, but it's mostly honest work.
Clearly I’ve been hanging out on the wrong board.

Eppy hasn't played for a long while and I haven't seen him post here for even longer. I hope he's doing OK with all the changes going on in his life and that his daughter is making progress.
Definitely re eppy. Hopefully his absence reflects good things

My daughter got her period this morning. Not sure what kind of crazy comes with that

My daughter got her period this morning. Not sure what kind of crazy comes with that
Rest In Peace Italy GIF by Storyful

Buckle up!

Hormones. Lots and lots of hormones. Good luck. Helpful hint: do NOT ask are you on your period every time she gets upset. Even if you know she is. That drove me insane when my dad did that.

I don’t know where to put this but I’m currently on a call where somebody is arguing for a “formatting committee”. Literally a committee to determine how we format the already incredibly restrictive process for making incredibly minor process changes.

She said these would be type A people. And I replied that they would actually just be pedants.

Apparently we’ve moved on.

I don’t know where to put this but I’m currently on a call where somebody is arguing for a “formatting committee”. Literally a committee to determine how we format the already incredibly restrictive process for making incredibly minor process changes.

She said these would be type A people. And I replied that they would actually just be pedants.

Apparently we’ve moved on.
I'm preparing a board presentation for a client who is re-platforming their eCommerce solution. I reviewed it yesterday with the president, and he said he'd get back to me with some minor changes. Today, I'm removing all references to technology, including any terms related to online ordering that would not be understood by one board member in particular who has never used the internet. This person only knows that their customers order through their computer and the result is tens of millions in profit.

"Scalable" is now "supporting both planned and unplanned robust growth opportunities"

"User Acceptance Testing (UAT) prior to go-live" is now "Giving the staff of ABC the ability to ensure that the computer systems function to specifications before turning it on"

FML

I'm preparing a board presentation for a client who is re-platforming their eCommerce solution. I reviewed it yesterday with the president, and he said he'd get back to me with some minor changes. Today, I'm removing all references to technology, including any terms related to online ordering that would not be understood by one board member in particular who has never used the internet. This person only knows that their customers order through their computer and the result is tens of millions in profit.

"Scalable" is now "supporting both planned and unplanned robust growth opportunities"

"User Acceptance Testing (UAT) prior to go-live" is now "Giving the staff of ABC the ability to ensure that the computer systems function to specifications before turning it on"

FML
Sounds like any presentation to Congress at this point.

This is the last year I won't have to be involved in teh board presenations. My boss is retiring and I'll be on the hook next year..

I'm only looking forward to it b/c my arrogance needs sated from time to time.

Sounds like any presentation to Congress at this point.

This is the last year I won't have to be involved in teh board presenations. My boss is retiring and I'll be on the hook next year..

I'm only looking forward to it b/c my arrogance needs sated from time to time.
All I could think about was what that board meeting must be like and how old they must be. Family owned business with the 3rd generation now involved. I guess this person has been on the board for over 40 years, but isn't family. The dynamics must be wild. I picture Uncle Lewis.

8oA9Pv0.gif

All I could think about was what that board meeting must be like and how old they must be. Family owned business with the 3rd generation now involved. I guess this person has been on the board for over 40 years, but isn't family. The dynamics must be wild. I picture Uncle Lewis.

8oA9Pv0.gif
It's actually not that bad. We're a wholly owned subsidiary of a larger company. They're the board. There's a lot of crossover in the C-Suites though. We make up a pretty large portion of their overall revenue so we're (mostly) left alone.

It's actually not that bad. We're a wholly owned subsidiary of a larger company. They're the board. There's a lot of crossover in the C-Suites though. We make up a pretty large portion of their overall revenue so we're (mostly) left alone.
Just keep this in mind when you’re presenting to the Dunces/Fools LLC. I don’t speak computer people.

Hormones. Lots and lots of hormones. Good luck. Helpful hint: do NOT ask are you on your period every time she gets upset. Even if you know she is. That drove me insane when my dad did that.
I used to ask wife #2 that, even though I knew she wasn’t. I just did it so I had excuse to go see my buddies with her permission.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT