ADVERTISEMENT

Iran President's helicopter down

Exactly. And the "blame" was more an explanation than an accusation.
It was also floated as a possible explanation from the very beginning. Right after dbm started this thread, the Guardian already had a guy pointing out that Iran was using American helicopters that it had a hard time servicing because of sanctions.

Last edited:
Reactions: UncleMark
It was also floated as a possible explanation from the very beginning. Right after you dbm started this thread, the Guardian already had a guy pointing out that Iran was using American helicopters that it had a hard time servicing because of sanctions.

Yup. Saw that in the reports I was monitoring last night as well. Just found it notable that the Iranians went public with the same explanation rather than pointing to some nefarious cause.

Who would be sad about that piece of shit dying?

How many thousands of people did support executing in the 80s? At one point, long lost, considered a crime against humanity?

One less horrible person alive. Won't be sad.
Who is sad? State issued a pro forma statement and inserted a little insult to the Iranian government. The only thing sad is the people doing acrobatics to find a way to get outraged about it.

Who is sad? State issued a pro forma statement and inserted a little insult to the Iranian government. The only thing sad is the people doing acrobatics to find a way to get outraged about it.

'Condolences'....aka sympathy.

Why be sympathetic to the death of the butcher of Tehran?

Hell, it should be a statement of celebration while pointing out his evil life. But that's not diplomatic so how about just say nothing.

'Condolences'....aka sympathy.

Why be sympathetic to the death of the butcher of Tehran?

Hell, it should be a statement of celebration while pointing out his evil life. But that's not diplomatic so how about just say nothing.
Yeah, I think you're reading too much into too little, but I get it. I can agree silence would have been easier to pull off.

It's for the Iranian people. Hoping our "support" helps spur an uprising in the possible upcoming power vacuum. The US stands with and sends condolences to the Iranian people. Not the butcher, his family or the clerics.
I assume they will bounce him out of his coffin into the street to show the required amount of pseudo-grief ala Josef il Sung “Rules for Despot Funeral”?

Democrats have turned pro terrorism. They’re not even hiding it.

Honestly it's meaningless drivel anyhow unless we are prepared to intervene. I think 80% of the people are upset that he died so quickly without much if any suffering.

You can have 80% of the folks pissed but if there is no 2A good luck overthrowing anyone. My wife says there is really no difference between the religious nutcases in Iran or Israel or even here for that matter. Even their garb is quite similar.

We screwed the pooch majorly in Afghanistan and Iraq. Trillions wasted. Iranians have always been the most pro-western in the region outside Israel.

Still alive, but barely. In Texas. Struggling with the Trump/Biden inflation economy with the rest of y'all.
Wow. Glad to know it. At least you picked a “cheap” state. What’s the plan? @Joe_Hoopsier has a place near gulf shores if it gets to that. Follow the coast. Hoosiers helping Hoosiers

Wow. Glad to know it. At least you picked a “cheap” state. What’s the plan? @Joe_Hoopsier has a place near gulf shores if it gets to that. Follow the coast. Hoosiers helping Hoosiers
Only two good things I can say about Texas are the cost of living and no state income tax. The whole freedom thing and capitalism bleating are just hogwash. Florida is a much "freer" state not that I'm into the term. Two examples that come to mind are yearly car inspections and the fact that they sold the toll roads to Spain. Otherwise, we don't particularly enjoy it. St Louis has more character. You just don't feel any character in this place imo. I would move to Mississippi but I don't think my wife would go along. We were supposed to go on a world trip this August, but that's now postponed till January so we can bank some more $$ and hopefully find a way to put the $$ to work. Will see her folks in Dubai and then go to Italy instead in August.

Reactions: CO. Hoosier
Only two good things I can say about Texas are the cost of living and no state income tax. The whole freedom thing and capitalism bleating are just hogwash. Florida is a much "freer" state not that I'm into the term. Two examples that come to mind are yearly car inspections and the fact that they sold the toll roads to Spain. Otherwise, we don't particularly enjoy it. St Louis has more character. You just don't feel any character in this place imo. I would move to Mississippi but I don't think my wife would go along. We were supposed to go on a world trip this August, but that's now postponed till January so we can bank some more $$ and hopefully find a way to put the $$ to work. Will see her folks in Dubai and then go to Italy instead in August.
One of my two closest friends moved to Houston years ago. I go to visit and hate it there. Hopefully you banked some dough from the New Yorkers flocking to pbc to buy real estate.
At any rate we’re glad you sound like all is well. A world trip sounds amazing!

One of my two closest friends moved to Houston years ago. I go to visit and hate it there. Hopefully you banked some dough from the New Yorkers flocking to pbc to buy real estate.
At any rate we’re glad you sound like all is well. A world trip sounds amazing!
Nah I'm too young to have owned in FL. I wish lol. State will be uninsurable soon enough due to climate change.

I am well but I am concerned for the future with the $35T and counting in debt led by the uniparty, while the public focuses on any distraction of the day. We've got a recipe for disaster on our hands. Then throw in deglobalization and that means no more cheap crap from China at Walmart. The public has no idea what's about to hit them.

I've heard Raisi was considered a likely successor for Khameni. So, there's that.

At least I know one thing, I'll never die in a helicoptor.
I missed my chance a number of times.

A majority of Iranians were unhappy he died suddenly...
They would have preferred a more prolonged, painful death..

Sold my Bitcoin too early and didn't take your tip on gold. The world's a giant ponzi scheme. We aren't actually struggling but should be millionaires if not for stupidly holding cash.
You've been all over and holding metals requires permanence of security..
They've blown up this month. Foreign central and state banks are buying gold..silver is driven by retail... the metals are crazy high right now, reflecting the realities of inflation.

Iranians have always been the most pro-western

Not really though. Yes in the 50s, 60s and 70s. But Iranians haven’t been able to partake in much western culture since the Islamic revolution that our stupid country supported.

You’d think the Western world would have learned of Islams poisoning of culture, freedom, etc. and yet UK is being overrun, along with France and other countries.

Reactions: DANC
Not really though. Yes in the 50s, 60s and 70s. But Iranians haven’t been able to partake in much western culture since the Islamic revolution that our stupid country supported.
I think women in Saudi weren't even driving until recently? The Arab world is generally much more conservative. On the surface they are liberalizing, but underneath the veneer it's a very conservative society. Iranian women are walking around the streets without hijab recently. You can watch on youtube. I think Iranians are generally more conservative than the West without question. Whether religious or not. And that predates the revolution. It's a very old civilization. Shit happens slowly.

Reactions: twenty02
You've been all over and holding metals requires permanence of security..
They've blown up this month. Foreign central and state banks are buying gold..silver is driven by retail... the metals are crazy high right now, reflecting the realities of inflation.

Best hedge against inflation is owning equities. As shown by their significant outperformance of metals

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and UncleMark

You’d think the Western world would have learned of Islams poisoning of culture, freedom, etc. and yet UK is being overrun, along with France and other countries.

How did our country ever support the Islamic revolution?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT