ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Manchin interview

mcmurtry66

Hall of Famer
Mar 14, 2019
Confirmed what I’ve long side that Biden is not who we thought we were getting and that he’s pushed himself to the far left. Echoes @Bowlmania and a few others in his take on trump. Open to running

Confirmed what I’ve long side that Biden is not who we thought we were getting and that he’s pushed himself to the far left. Echoes @Bowlmania and a few others in his take on trump. Open to running

So Biden is being pushed to the far left, and Manchin is scared to death Trump might be elected.

Sounds like a guy thinking about running for the presidency.

He’s no spring chicken either

Yep, Old Joe Manchin is 76 years of age.

Having spent time with oldsters in recent years (55-100) as a member of a senior citizen group, aging and the decline mentally and physically varies greatly from person to person

Generally speaking, investing in a president over say 70 years of age can be risky.

Having spent time with oldsters in recent years (55-100) as a member of a senior citizen group, aging and the decline mentally and physically varies greatly from person to person

Generally speaking, investing in a president over say 70 years of age can be risky.
The difference in people over 70 really is amazing

So Biden is being pushed to the far left, and Manchin is scared to death Trump might be elected.

Sounds like a guy thinking about running for the presidency.

If Manchin is scared to death of Trump being elected then he shouldn't run. Trump's biggest chance of winning is a 3 person race and the non-Trumpers splitting votes between 2 people.

not sure what biden has done to be far left. Although it is a meaningless term given it is just in relation to whoever is throwing out the comment. it's good for politics tossing that out I guess but I'd say being sold out to big oil is just as bad as the dreaded "far left" attack angle.

Last edited:
Reactions: UncleMark
If Manchin is scared to death of Trump being elected then he shouldn't run. Trump's biggest chance of winning is a 3 person race and the non-Trumpers splitting votes between 2 people.
The percentage of people who want Biden to run again is abysmal. He thinks a centrist can beat both candidates. Not spoil anything

not sure what biden has done to be far left. Although it is a meaningless term given it is just in relation to whoever is throwing out the comment. it's good for politics tossing that out I guess but I'd say being sold out to big oil is just as bad as the dreaded "far left" attack angle.

In a presidential election as we learned in 2020 the final electoral count depends on about seven so called swing states.

Forecasting how these swing states will go depends on a state by analysis right up to election day with voter turnout often being the deciding factor.

IMO looking ahead at this point to how a Manchin or any third party candidate would affect a race between Biden and Trump is pure guess work.

Fun but an exercise in pure folly.

Last edited:
In a presidential election as we learned in 2020 the final electoral count depends on about 7 so called swing states.

Forecasting how these swing states will go depends on a state by analysis right up to election day with voter turnout often being the deciding factor.

IMO looking ahead at this point to how a Manchin or any third party candidate would affect a race between Biden and Trump is pure guess work.

Fun but an exercise in pure folly.

That's true but 3rd parties barely ever win. Of course, going up against Trump and Biden is probably the best opportunity for a 3rd party but it's still a major long shot.

Trump has an extremely loyal following but that following is under 50%. In a straight up match up even with the electoral college, it would probably be difficult for Trump because for as much as he has a loyal following, he also has people that would never vote for him (most of this country has strong opinions on him one way or another) and the anti-trump appears bigger than the pro-trump.

Enter a 3rd party candidate that can siphon away some of the anti-trump vote and all of a sudden that pro-trump population could be enough.

Obviously guess work but it would seem Trump's chances go up exponentially with a 3rd party, especially if a dem (even one that's questionable as a dem) enters the fray. Manchin may steal some from Trump but more likely to steal more from Biden. Biden was the anti-Trump vote last time around. Not sure he could win sharing that vote with someone else.

I wish Biden would just step aside. Anyone younger and without baggage would likely wipe the floor with Trump.

Reactions: Indyhorn

Biden is obviously demented and that is exactly what he was when elected, but now he is worse. He is very robotic in everything he does and says. Several months ago we had a thread about how Biden receives his information about current events. His staff prepares a daily brief of everything they think he should know. Biden may not even know that pro-Hamas demonstrators shut down the DNC and caused members of congress to shelter in place. He was not present when they stormed the White House. He may not know of the hardships his border and immigration policies are causing throughout the Country.

Biden has no business being president and he can only function with staff and stimulants. Now he wants to run again? At first I thought his announcement was a calculation. But as time goes on, it looks like he is serious. What little support he has comes from those who know they can manipulate him.

Biden is obviously demented and that is exactly what he was when elected, but now he is worse. He is very robotic in everything he does and says. Several months ago we had a thread about how Biden receives his information about current events. His staff prepares a daily brief of everything they think he should know. Biden may not even know that pro-Hamas demonstrators shut down the DNC and caused members of congress to shelter in place. He was not present when they stormed the White House. He may not know of the hardships his border and immigration policies are causing throughout the Country.

Biden has no business being president and he can only function with staff and stimulants. Now he wants to run again? At first I thought his announcement was a calculation. But as time goes on, it looks like he is serious. What little support he has comes from those who know they can manipulate him.

And there you have it from our own Biden expert.

Getting rid of Biden is priority one

The percentage of people who want Biden to run again is abysmal. He thinks a centrist can beat both candidates. Not spoil anything
No lie.

Nearly two-thirds of Americans (64%) — including 4 in 10 Democrats (39%) — now say they are “very” or “somewhat” concerned about the president’s “health and mental acuity,” up from 48% in June 2020.

Biden, the oldest president in U.S. history, will turn 81 next week.

Perhaps reflecting anxieties around Biden’s age, the desire for a new Democratic challenger is much greater among potential Democratic primary voters ages 18 to 44 (64%) than among those 45 or older (46%).

Reactions: mcmurtry66
That's true but 3rd parties barely ever win. Of course, going up against Trump and Biden is probably the best opportunity for a 3rd party but it's still a major long shot.

Trump has an extremely loyal following but that following is under 50%. In a straight up match up even with the electoral college, it would probably be difficult for Trump because for as much as he has a loyal following, he also has people that would never vote for him (most of this country has strong opinions on him one way or another) and the anti-trump appears bigger than the pro-trump.

Enter a 3rd party candidate that can siphon away some of the anti-trump vote and all of a sudden that pro-trump population could be enough.

Obviously guess work but it would seem Trump's chances go up exponentially with a 3rd party, especially if a dem (even one that's questionable as a dem) enters the fray. Manchin may steal some from Trump but more likely to steal more from Biden. Biden was the anti-Trump vote last time around. Not sure he could win sharing that vote with someone else.

I wish Biden would just step aside. Anyone younger and without baggage would likely wipe the floor with Trump.

Saw a poll today which shows 54% of the Democrats want a candidate other than Biden, so Hickory you are not alone.

Reactions: larsIU

@IU_Hickory why do you laugh at this? It’s embarrassing watching the president.

Trump, Biden and Manchin. I would vote Manchin.

@IU_Hickory why do you laugh at this? It’s embarrassing watching the president.

Trump, Biden and Manchin. I would vote Manchin.
I laugh because CO has no clue if half of what he said is even accurate and anyone that wasn't embarrassed by Trump has no room to be embarrassed about any president.

When the choice was Biden or Trump, the choice was obvious. I don't really care if Biden is a vegetable drooling out the side of his mouth and someone behind the scenes is leading the country. Trump needed to be gone.

I'm not a big Manchin fan but I wouldn't vote for a 3rd party simply because it's safer to vote dem if Trump is on the other side. Keeping Trump out is priority 1.

Last edited:

Biden is a prop, straight out of 'Weekend at Bernies'...
It's entertaining watching the recent video of Blinken sitting next to Pudding in abject fear of the malaprop
he would spout next.

Last edited:
I do think that the both the GOP and Dems have internally become 2 different parties. There are Rs who abhor MAGA and there are Ds who hate the progressives.

I know all the practical reasons why a third party can’t happen, but there are so many reasonable centrists in both parties who have more in common with each than they do with the extremes in their own party.

I do think that the both the GOP and Dems have internally become 2 different parties. There are Rs who abhor MAGA and there are Ds who hate the progressives.

I know all the practical reasons why a third party can’t happen, but there are so many reasonable centrists in both parties who have more in common with each than they do with the extremes in their own party.
I think that’s what manchin thinks too

Reactions: stollcpa

I don't see either party passing any changes to make a 3rd party viable. 1st step would be ranked voting in all states to alleviate the issue of people being worried about voting 3rd party being a wasted vote.

They can (generally) hit a golf ball straight though, at least in my experience.

I don't see either party passing any changes to make a 3rd party viable. 1st step would be ranked voting in all states to alleviate the issue of people being worried about voting 3rd party being a wasted vote.
Lunacy.

Who knew? COH the personal medical Dr for President Biden also. Amazing !!

A moron can see Joe is demented. If you don’t see that, you need hehelp.
Even a moron could see that is still preferable to trump.

You are just as unqualified to determine morons as you are to determine other people's health and mental state.

I agree with whoever said that the party that dumps Biden or Trump for a reasonable nominee, will win the Presidential election. I don’t get why both parties don’t do just that, although it’s not as easy as it sounds.

Where are our Sam Rayburn’s and Everett Dirksen’s to make it happen? There needs to be some smoke filled rooms being used for the good of the country.

Reactions: Cortez88
I agree with whoever said that the party that dumps Biden or Trump for a reasonable nominee, will win the Presidential election. I don’t get why both parties don’t do just that, although it’s not as easy as it sounds. Where are our Sam Rayburn’s and Everett Dirksen’s to make it happen?
The Republican party has no more control or power over PDJT than Biden does of his bowels.

• Haha
Reactions: Morrison
Even a moron could see that is still preferable to trump.

You are just as unqualified to determine morons as you are to determine other people's health and mental state.
Biden’s dementia is severely disabling. All your Trump yapping doesn’t change what is plain to see. It’s time to demand an independent medical examination of candidates for president. That’s a helluva lot more important and more relevant than income tax returns.

Biden’s dementia is severely disabling. All your Trump yapping doesn’t change what is plain to see. It’s time to demand an independent medical examination of candidates for president. That’s a helluva lot more important and more relevant than income tax returns.
Yea because tax returns was the only problem with Trump

Lmao

A moron can see Joe is demented. If you don’t see that, you need help.
Oh really? Have you paid any attention to Donny lately? I’ve seen Biden speak off the cuff several times and he doesn’t look demented to me. Think people say the same about everyone that age?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT