ADVERTISEMENT

Inflation - 40 Year High

My Friday morning included a $150 fill up in my Ford diesel truck and a whopping $450 bill at the Paducah Sam's club. That grocery bill is for a family of three...

Very scary times right now for the American working man.
I’m in the trades and we can’t find people. The company is raising wages befor next years contract.

I’m in the trades and we can’t find people. The company is raising wages befor next years contract.
I'm a painting contractor and let me tell you, the young people are scared of hard work. Many of them wouldn't count money for half.

Tomorrow will be brutal; going to spray 20 gallons of ceiling paint and it's a new house, meaning no AC right now. That said, 15k to paint this house is very good money down here in the sticks.

I'm a painting contractor and let me tell you, the young people are scared of hard work. Many of them wouldn't count money for half.

Tomorrow will be brutal; going to spray 20 gallons of ceiling paint and it's a new house, meaning no AC right now. That said, 15k to paint this house is very good money down here in the sticks.
I live in the tri-state too. Evansville area. Cost of living vs wage is better than most of the state. IMHO

Sounds like they need to lower their standards. Too many employers complain they can find help but they're only willing to hire unicorns.
Well we did. No GED or Diploma. It’s hot crappy work but you make 6 figures falling out of bed. People just don’t want to work. They also don’t want to pay any dues. Starting wage is 26. Crafts is 32-35. Soon to be 16-20% more. Medical isn’t real expensive either.

Reactions: 76-1 and DANC
Well we did. No GED or Diploma. It’s hot crappy work but you make 6 figures falling out of bed. People just don’t want to work. They also don’t want to pay any dues. Starting wage is 26. Crafts is 32-35. Soon to be 16-20% more. Medical isn’t real expensive either.
Damn! Do you hire retirees? I actually like to paint. lol

Reactions: td75 and mcmurtry66
I miss living in small town Indiana. Housing is so much more affordable. Here in Charlotte, good luck finding any rental under $2k a month.
My rent was 13-1400. So it’s not a lot less. It is in a nice part of town. Better schools.

Reactions: DANC
It’s not for painting. It’s a smelter. Lol
Oh sorry - I mixed you up with TD.

Yeah, smelter jobs suck. I knew a guy who worked at the GM plant in Illinois that made engines blocks. Touch job and dangerous, too.

Oh sorry - I mixed you up with TD.

Yeah, smelter jobs suck. I knew a guy who worked at the GM plant in Illinois that made engines blocks. Touch job and dangerous, too.
That’s a foundry. Smelter makes the metal and then turns it into semi finished products. Both are hot.

Probably still getting more miles per dollar than a gas one would.
Extra maintenance and fuel per gallon cost equals it out. Plus fixing them is very expensive if it’s out of warranty. A 3/4 -1 ton truck if it’s not being used for towing/work is not worth the extra cost. Most diesels only pay for themselves towing/hauling. They get similar mileage loaded and unloaded. Daily driving one sucks.

Similar. I like both. Ruler is Kroger off brand stuff. The produce is good.
This is why Nov will be a blood bath. The Dems are fools with their bs Jan 6 crap. Joke. No one gives a F except the farthest of the left. Some idiot in another thread tried to invoke the constitution. F off. There's a store that's selling off brand Kroger shit?!!!! Let that sink in. That's cruel and unusual punishment. And it's called Ruler?! Ruler. Selling off brand Kroger label. My God. This is Joe Biden's America.

Last edited:
This is why Nov will be a blood bath. The Dems are fools with their bs Jan 6 crap. Joke. No one gives a F except the farthest of the left. Some idiot in another thread tried to invoke the constitution. F off. There's a store that's selling off brand Kroger shit?!!!! That's cruel and unusual punishment. And it's called Ruler?! Ruler. Selling off brand Kroger label. My God. This is Joe Biden's America.
Well according to Biden inflation really isn't that bad if you don't account for the cost of food, gas, or housing.

Well according to Biden inflation really isn't that bad if you don't account for the cost of food, gas, or housing.
Fvck Biden; he's got a 20 million dollar mansion and multiple other prime properties across America. He absolutely doesn't live in my world or your world.

Plus, I don't have access to multi-million dollar sweetheart deals. Most of these politicians are corrupt scumbags on both sides....

That is a solid wage. I assume to make 6 figures at least early on would require a ton of overtime?

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
That is a solid wage. I assume to make 6 figures at least early on would require a ton of overtime?
Double time on Sunday and 1.5 on Saturday. 2.5 times on holidays. So yes lots of OT if you want it. Plus guys pay you to work their shifts. Summertime guys can make bank. I’ve seen guys take vacation then work for a guy. 200 plus 400 for the hours worked then another 200 cash. Ive seen guys make 1000 in one day. It’s hot though.

Reactions: BCCHoosier
Double time on Sunday and 1.5 on Saturday. 2.5 times on holidays. So yes lots of OT if you want it. Plus guys pay you to work their shifts. Summertime guys can make bank. I’ve seen guys take vacation then work for a guy. 200 plus 400 for the hours worked then another 200 cash. Ive seen guys make 1000 in one day. It’s hot though.
That's great. I have friends who worked at Chrysler right out of high school and did great like that. Sunday's holidays etc.

Do kids today want to work that hard? Are you able to find them?

Ps. I've been impressed by your posts. I'll be adding you to the list of men on the board

Respect man. Has to be hot. Let's say someone started doing that at age 20. Do many guys make it to 55 or does the body break down?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT