ADVERTISEMENT

IMO, Kiss college football fall season goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Move those goal posts, DANC. That way you never have to take responsibility for being wrong . . . and you can keep your delusions about yourself.

For the record, outlier or not, Georgia is in the southeast . . . an inconvenient truth for you . . . .
You are the one comparing states. I said the Southeast - not all 'states'.

I'm not moving the goalposts - my statement was correct.

I have no delusions. You're trolling and it amuses me that you think you're actually proving me 'wrong'.

I worked at Cummins. Seriously, I never met anyone from Columbus who didn't think they weren't the smartest guy in the room.

I have no delusions. You're trolling and it amuses me that you think you're actually proving me 'wrong'.

I worked at Cummins. Seriously, I never met anyone from Columbus who didn't think they weren't the smartest guy in the room.
I never worked at Cummins. That's a disease of Cummins people, not Columbus people.

BTW, you said, and I quote:

And it's that way in the entire Southeast.

I ain't putting words in your mouth, DANC, and you're trying to slip out of a mistake that you've been caught dead-to-rights in. Your statement is not only wrong, you're acting in bad faith trying to wiggle out of it.

Be a man. Own up to it.

BTW, you said, and I quote:

And it's that way in the entire Southeast.

I ain't putting words in your mouth, DANC, and you're trying to slip out of a mistake that you've been caught dead-to-rights in. Your statement is not only wrong, you're acting in bad faith trying to wiggle out of it.

Be a man. Own up to it.
If you define 'entire Southeast' as individual states, I'm wrong.

Does that make you feel better?

I'm determing my evaluation of Columbus just based on my Cummins experience.

Again, I shouldn't have to explain my post, but trolls be trollin'.
You fit the Cummins profile . . . to a T.

That's not a compliment.

I'm don't. That's why I left.
Nah . . . you fit the profile for a Cummins type. Arrogant, narcissistic, can't admit mistakes . . . wherever you are now, I suspect your coworkers are seeing the same thing . . . .

Good luck to you.

Nah . . . you fit the profile for a Cummins type. Arrogant, narcissistic, can't admit mistakes . . . wherever you are now, I suspect your coworkers are seeing the same thing . . . .

Good luck to you.
Being retired, I have no co-workers.

So, YOU'RE WRONG! Will you be man enough to admit it?

Bad comparison. Rationing was implemented for almost everything during WWII. I believe the military is made up of American citizens and they had to be fed and clothed, too. Without a booming economy, we could never have produced the material that helped win WWI

Just because items were in short supply and rationed doesn't mean the economy wasn't growing - it certainly was. Or maybe you resent women being able to enter the workforce on a more equaled basis?

The cost of WWII, adjusted for inflation was $4 Trillion. Less than we have spent in a little more than two months.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and DANC
Kinda back on subject. The more things are opening up and it doesn’t seem like a complete cluster....I think we will have fans at sports come late summer fall. Capacity will be greatly reduced and masks I believe will be (and should be) required. Now college all comes down to will schools be in...I get that. But I’m feeling more optimistic. The Indiana research study really made me very optimistic about a lot of things. That’s why I love data. End all this stupid speculation. Let’s hope sample 2 correlates.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and DANC
We had to dumb it down to get to your level.
It's clear you're a miserable old man with little to do except blowing up threads. I guess the mods are tolerant, though, as you're a paying customer. Have a great day, and maybe do some reading. That increases the chances that one of your posts someday might actually have some value.

I'm not holding my breath, though. You're going on ignore.

Says the tard sitting in his trailer home

Facts are diifficult for you, no?

Says the person who has a lower IQ than my left nut. You're probably the 60yr old hs dropout that still lives in his mama's basement. Might want to put on your tin foil hat and turn on some more Rush.

I completely agree. The point I wanted to make is that sports are feasible if when one player gets it you isolate him and continue on. If an entire team has to be quarantined it’s not feasible. Bc players will get it. I didn’t mean to opine as to whether playing is inappropriate or not.

What IF:
Your starting QB,RB, entire starting OL, get sick with the virus.
What team forfeits your next game?

Do football players have to wear 2 masks?

What IF:

Right. I don’t know what you do other than forfeit. And maybe that’s the risk. Maybe we do the best we can and don’t really worry about records etc. there won’t be playoffs blah blah. I think that’s kind of what happened during the Spanish flu.

Reactions: 82hoosier
What IF:

Ohh f*ck they have less than a 2% and really a .05% chance of dying. My buddy got tested for the antibody today, He thinks he has it. I do too. We were laughing about how messed up this is...It's a God damned mess. Moving forward if you have it great...Play. If you don't great...Play Just put Covid as another way of dying and move on!!! it'll be the little guy on the totem pole for deaths in the realm of deaths! Lets move on! Your born and you die. If you can't fathom that then get over it. Most Americans are sick and tired of lockdowns, masks, lies, dictators, and people not being able to earn a living freely. Argue all you want it won't change my mind. This is the most f*cked up thing ever! Play Ball!

Ohh f*ck they have less than a 2% and really a .05% chance of dying. My buddy got tested for the antibody today, He thinks he has it. I do too. We were laughing about how messed up this is...It's a God damned mess. Moving forward if you have it great...Play. If you don't great...Play Just put Covid as another way of dying and move on!!! it'll be the little guy on the totem pole for deaths in the realm of deaths! Lets move on! Your born and you die. If you can't fathom that then get over it. Most Americans are sick and tired of lockdowns, masks, lies, dictators, and people not being able to earn a living freely. Argue all you want it won't change my mind. This is the most f*cked up thing ever! Play Ball!

Come on, quit being diplomatic. How do you really feel??!! :D:D

Reactions: Indianaftw
Right. I don’t know what you do other than forfeit. And maybe that’s the risk. Maybe we do the best we can and don’t really worry about records etc. there won’t be playoffs blah blah. I think that’s kind of what happened during the Spanish flu.
The Spanish flu was much more deadly killing more people around the world; killing people within 24 hours and killing young adults more than any group. It also caused people to bleed out and turning blue or even darker. Educate yourself about the Spanish flu compared to COVID19. Countries saw 10% deaths with Africa and Asia seeing 20%-30% of their populations dying.

COVID19 isn't as deadly except to the very elderly unless it mutates and becomes more deadly down the road.

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC
The Spanish flu was much more deadly killing more people around the world; killing people within 24 hours and killing young adults more than any group. It also caused people to bleed out and turning blue or even darker. Educate yourself about the Spanish flu compared to COVID19. Countries saw 10% deaths with Africa and Asia seeing 20%-30% of their populations dying.

COVID19 isn't as deadly except to the very elderly unless it mutates and becomes more deadly down the road.

That's not completely accurate. A different age range was affected by the Spanish Flu but COVID19 is (so far) more deadly...

The mortality rate for the Spanish Flu was 2.5% versus COVID19's 4.5 % (that makes it twice as deadly)... //And..., up here in Indiana COVID19 (currently 5/20/20) has a 6.5% mortality rate!!!\\

Those who must go out please heed this:
https://www.foxnews.com/science/coronavirus-infections-plunge-80-percent-wore-masks

Last edited:
Most Americans are sick and tired of lockdowns, masks, lies, dictators, and people not being able to earn a living freely
What is your problem with the minor inconvenience of wearing a mask in an enclosed public space? Or do you simply not give a sh*t about anyone other than yourself?

That's just not accurate.

The mortality rate for the Spanish Flu was 2.5% versus COVID19's 4.5 % (that makes it twice as deadly)... //And..., up here in Indiana COVID19 has a 6.5% mortality rate!!!\\

If you must go out please heed this:
https://www.foxnews.com/science/coronavirus-infections-plunge-80-percent-wore-masks
That's not completely accurate. A different age range was affected by the Spanish Flu but COVID19 is (so far) more deadly...

The mortality rate for the Spanish Flu was 2.5% versus COVID19's 4.5 % (that makes it twice as deadly)... //And..., up here in Indiana COVID19 has a 6.5% mortality rate!!!\\

If you must go out please heed this:
Spanish flu killed 675,000 in the USA when our population was 125,000,000 for COVID19 to be as deadly it would kill 2 million people in this country. Your info is not very accurate and I guess is because they are looking at different numbers besides the number that died. Spanish flu killed many within 24 hours of getting it. So I sure think it is more deadly especially since not only being deadly for 65 and over it was as deadly to 15-35 people along with those aged 0-5.

I know you go by data but you don't seem to look into them and comparing them to other data. Data don't tell all the story and data an be skewed; you have to put them in compared to other data to see the real story.

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC
What is your problem with the minor inconvenience of wearing a mask in an enclosed public space? Or do you simply not give a sh*t about anyone other than yourself?
Masks are horrible for you...Increased C02 consumption, stress, elevated blood pressure, shortness of breath, etc. etc. They also don't work for crap for containing or limiting the spread of germs which you should want anyways in order for your immune system to be effective. For a month and a half nobody wore masks and things were fine now all of the sudden we need to wear masks? Makes Zero Sense!

Spanish flu killed 675,000 in the USA when our population was 125,000,000 for COVID19 to be as deadly it would kill 2 million people in this country. Your info is not very accurate and I guess is because they are looking at different numbers besides the number that died. Spanish flu killed many within 24 hours of getting it. So I sure think it is more deadly especially since not only being deadly for 65 and over it was as deadly to 15-35 people along with those aged 0-5.

I know you go by data but you don't seem to look into them and comparing them to other data. Data don't tell all the story and data an be skewed; you have to put them in compared to other data to see the real story.

The data point I'm putting most faith in is the pure mortality rate number...

Here in Indiana that's currently sitting at 6.5. When Compared to the Spanish Flu (2.5) I would like to think that 6.5 number would get some serious attention.

I can tell you from a family source that there are plenty of those under 60 who have become very, very ill (here in Indiana).

I just hope people are taking this seriously or we will all regret it (in my opinion)...

Those who go out into crowded areas without a mask aren't being good Americans, in my opinion...

The data point I'm putting most faith in is the pure mortality rate number...

Here in Indiana that's currently sitting at 6.5. When Compared to the Spanish Flu (2.5) I would like to think that 6.5 number would get some serious attention.

I can tell you from a family source that there are plenty of those under 60 who have become very, very ill (here in Indiana).

I just hope people are taking this seriously or we will all regret it (in my opinion)...

Those who go out into crowded areas without a mask aren't being good Americans, in my opinion...
How can you put any faith at all in the mortality rate number? Test positive and thats the reason you die even if its obvious it was something else? I have no clue what was the reasoning behind that to begin with unless for some reason they want to pad numbers??? Why else would Dr. Birx come out publicly and say that?

Reactions: vesuvius13
Masks are horrible for you...Increased C02 consumption, stress, elevated blood pressure, shortness of breath, etc. etc. They also don't work for crap for containing or limiting the spread of germs which you should want anyways in order for your immune system to be effective. For a month and a half nobody wore masks and things were fine now all of the sudden we need to wear masks? Makes Zero Sense!

So why does my wife and everyone else who works at Community North (or any other hospital in Indy) now wear a mask at all times? They must not be as knowledgeable as you on this matter because you read it on the internet, right.

Actually masks will limit the spread of the virus (and a lot of other gunk).

They won't protect you. They have about an 80% chance of protecting most of those you come within 6-8 feet of...

I know it's an awful lot to ask of you to look out for your fellow American though so I'm sorry I mentioned it (DWS)...

Try reading this: https://www.foxnews.com/science/coronavirus-infections-plunge-80-percent-wore-masks

Reactions: jsenleo
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT