ADVERTISEMENT

If Woodson does fail next year and I hope, he doesn't...

We have the coach and the staff. CMW is going to make all the haters eat crow. Why bring up the subject,you guys are never satisfied. We can get in the Sweet 16 or Elite 8. You guys would say the spread was not big enough.

We have the coach and the staff. CMW is going to make all the haters eat crow. Why bring up the subject,you guys are never satisfied. We can get in the Sweet 16 or Elite 8. You guys would say the spread was not big enough.
OK....I'll bite. How about lets actually get to an Elite 8 or Sweet 16......you know, just for a change of scenery. Then, we'll share crow recipes?

imagine they're not just buying a team to buy a team, buying time and a transition since no amount of lure or coaching can fill the hole they've dug. Fill dirt

We have the coach and the staff. CMW is going to make all the haters eat crow. Why bring up the subject,you guys are never satisfied. We can get in the Sweet 16 or Elite 8. You guys would say the spread was not big enough

OK....I'll bite. How about let’s actually get to an Elite 8 or Sweet 16......you know, just for a change of scenery. Then, we'll share crow recipes?
Will dog is keeping up the fight!

Reactions: Willdog7
My theory is that Stevens, Donovan, Hurley, Oats, etc laid low on the UK job expecting the IU job to come up next year. It will be a Battle Royale between them for the IU job.

Lol. I'm sure that's it.

It seems to me that we've got some decent pieces coming in/back at this point. Next year could be a decent year for IU. How unfortunate for Stevens, Donovan, Hurley, Oats, etc.

I'd buy in ...But you really think CMW and those 40 that stand around the huddle are capable ?
We'll see..He should go on a retreat and let Hurley mentor him..

All I have to see is Armond Hill on the sideline, then I am confident that this is a finely prepared team.

• Haha
Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
You can tell IU is all in this season. They've opened the bank. They still need a few pieces but things are trending up in talent addition. The question is what can they do with the talent?

Shooting will be the focus for many and it should be. I'll be watching the defense when the season starts. For some reason CMW dropped the emphasis of getting the D right last season and they never did get it right.

I see at least two major factions in the IU fan base (there may be more).

1. We should've hired a new (premiere) coach THIS year. We know Woodson can't coach and next year is now a complete loss.

2. We're competitive, coach needs another year to build the program. His program.

There are lots of points and counterpoints around talent, performance and expectations...but the fan base, at large, seems to fit into these two buckets.

What I've been noticing in many threads is a consensus around the team we're assembling this year...the talent and experience level...

Folks in camp one say "Sweet Sixteen" should be our minimum expectation (with this talent and a coach/staff in its fourth year.

Folks in camp two say "Sweet Sixteen" is our expectation with this talent and CMW establishing his program, staff, process and culture.

Though they are slow to say it...even those in camp two lean toward this being a make or break year for CMW...an emerging consensus amongst the fan base...perhaps?

You can tell IU is all in this season. They've opened the bank. They still need a few pieces but things are trending up in talent addition. The question is what can they do with the talent?

Shooting will be the focus for many and it should be. I'll be watching the defense when the season starts. For some reason CMW dropped the emphasis of getting the D right last season and they never did get it right.
positive comment, I'M watching the defense too. In Carlyle, no one has mentioned his defense.

When we fail to defend the 3, will Woody pivot and split the bigs and move Mgbako to the 4? If he jumps on that quickly I'm on board. I'm still pissed that we were unable to get seriously involved with the quality upper echelon of in-state portal options.

Chris Beard is my choice if Woody can't figure it out.

you would have to think the IU job would be an attractive destination for an up-and-coming coach. they can definitely see that NIL will not be a problem.
But what will be people' definition of failure? The sunshine pumpers on twitter are acting like he put together a final four team. So he has three five star players again the top portal player. I would think than based off the pumping anything less than a sweet sixeteen and top four in the big ten is not meeting expectations given all this talent.

you would have to think the IU job would be an attractive destination for an up-and-coming coach. they can definitely see that NIL will not be a problem.
Agree. I wonder when…………..stopped being important
It’s a great school for my major
It’s close to home and I can visit family easily.
It’s a beautiful campus.

When the new model is to fully retool and reload every year - and that is the model for Indiana, and a large chunk of big teams now - the sweet 16 is the bare minimum.

The goal is the title.

Otherwise, what year would those be? Nearly every year will be a new team.

Hey Cav. Can we make Dog’s post a sticky. Surprised he didn’t go with a national championship (unexpectedly modest prediction considering his great respect for CMW’s coaching) but okay-Sweet 16 is the floor and Final 8 the stretch goal for next season according to The Dog.

Last edited:
  • Love
The staff sucks we all know that if Woodson doesn't make the tournament he will be fired. I think even a one and done could get him fired.

When the new model is to fully retool and reload every year - and that is the model for Indiana, and a large chunk of big teams now - the sweet 16 is the bare minimum.

The goal is the title.

Otherwise, what year would those be? Nearly every year will be a new team.
It should be the goal and more every year.

Fair take except we have zero data points indicating Woody can ever make a Sweet Sixteen much less an Elite Eight. In TJD’s senior year we had a 4-seed and were eviscerated by the 5-seed Miami. As of now that’s the high water point for Woodson at IU- top 32. That is objective data. It’s not a criticism, make of it what you will.

Hey Cav. Can we make Dog’s post a sticky. Surprised he didn’t go with a national championship (unexpectedly modest prediction considering his great respect for CMW’s coaching) but okay-Sweet 16 is the floor and Final 8 the stretch goal for next season according to The Dog.
CMW in his own words, Big 10 title and then NCAA'S . Why not ? The goal every year.
Fair take except we have zero data points indicating Woody can ever make a Sweet Sixteen much less an Elite Eight. In TJD’s senior year we had a 4-seed and were eviscerated by the 5-seed Miami. As of now that’s the high water point for Woodson at IU- top 32. That is objective data. It’s not a criticism, make of it what you will.
Indyhorn fairpoint, this is year 4. Its time. He has the players now that our his. Let's GO!

CMW in his own words, Big 10 title and then NCAA'S . Why not ? The goal every year.

Indyhorn fairpoint, this is year 4. Its time. He has the players now that our his. Let's GO!
Ballo looks the part, but played in a very weak PAC 12 on a loaded Arizonia team that did nothing in the NCAA T. Arizonia guards were twice as good as IU guards(could actually shoot) Love and Boswell are better than any IU guard coming in, and then there is coaching!

• Sad
The same can be said for a lot of successful coaches over the years, including Hurley for instance.

The staff sucks we all know that if Woodson doesn't make the tournament he will be fired. I think even a one and done could get him fired.
I hope you are correct. Buying a team with top 5 NIL and then eeking into Dance as 11-seed is not getting the job done where I’m concerned, I hope and pray Dolson sees things similarly. Otherwise the bar is far lower than what Woody claimed in his welcome press conference.

I hope you are correct. Buying a team with top 5 NIL and then eeking into Dance as 11-seed is not getting the job done where I’m concerned, I hope and pray Dolson sees things similarly. Otherwise the bar is far lower than what Woody claimed in his welcome press conference.
This seems irrelevant as Woody "isn't going anywhere any time soon guys". Just ask him.

• Haha
Reactions: Indyhorn
Ballo looks the part, but played in a very weak PAC 12 on a loaded Arizonia team that did nothing in the NCAA T. Arizonia guards were twice as good as IU guards(could actually shoot) Love and Boswell are better than any IU guard coming in, and then there is coaching!
NOT A fan of Love.

You guys are so negative

• Angry
Reactions: Indyhorn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT