ADVERTISEMENT

I kinda understand this, in theory, I guess (coaching performance stats)

mattndallas

All-American
Oct 11, 2005
Bloomington, IN
Says our football expectations are low....and our coaches have been "average" at achieving those goals?
3dgrin.r191677.gif

I dunno?

Deadspin Coaching Analysis

What don't you know?

With the admin's tremendous backing, great facilities and fabulous recruiting, don't you think we should be winning 5 or 6 games a year????

The graph says our expectations should be low based on the previous track record of the program, and that Bill Lynch pretty much measured up to program expectations.

So your saying that Bill Lynch was a loser and that's ok because the program has been down for 40+ years other than a few years the elder Mallory kinda held his own?

There are far too many examples of programs that win a minimum of 6

Folks, you can choose to believe all you want that IU can't field a bowl team every year but there's far too many examples of teams always winning a minimum of 6 games yearly. Even Minnesota has proven they too, can maintain a bowl program.

Certain things must be followed though and until IU does that it won't happen too often. Minnesota has proven it can be done through scheduling under Mason and now flat out good coaching under Kill. IU has really sabotaged their program with plain old dumb scheduling coupled with TERRIBLE coaching hires and just an awe shucks approach in general.

Championship programs make their own luck/success, they certainly don't have low expectations and operate on small goals. They make wise decisions, many times influenced by "football people".

Wilson has recruited well, at least by IU standards and his teams have generally played very hard. What has really hurt him is learning how to go from a coordinator to the head coach of a BIG school. His game day coaching MUST continue to improve AND fans should have that expectation.

What the graph shows is that, compared to how the program did 10 yrs. prior to Lynch taking over, he was no better or worse statistically. I have made no statements regarding Lynch being a loser or that being OK.

Hard to believe that.......

you guys couldn't keep it civil..............
smokin.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 12/17 12:31 PM by Cougar1

This post was edited on 12/17 12:31 PM by Cougar1

You're surprised?

You and I have been on these boards for a long time. Gets so a mundane comment ends up taking a negative life of it's own. Right the free basketball board is the worst. I refuse to get into some of those discussions. Not worth it.
This post was edited on 12/17 10:07 AM by Big Red Believer

Not really......LOL

I think we need some more realists.......vbg You know what will be ironic, if by some miracle we have a very good won lost record in the near future,,,,,CKW will be gone in a heartbeat and .....ooops, there we go again.

Re: Not really......LOL

Trying to understand your POV...you want Wilson gone now...but if IU by some 'miracle' wins some other uninformed school will hire him away...and then we get to do this all over again? Guess worse case would be a miracle season and new contract. But who would want that?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Re: Not really......LOL

Where have you ever seen me say I want him gone......never. I didn't want him, this is true, but he's improved some, unfortunately, it hasn't shown with "W"s.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT