ADVERTISEMENT

Huddle Shuttle progress

TMFT

All-Big Ten
Nov 4, 2019

After some initial success, we hit a HUGE snag getting the old floor up. In particular the rails on the floor that the bus seats secure down to. Had to cut probably 100+ bolts with a saws all.

But that’s done and it’s easy street now.

Last week got the door mounted and put a functioning door knob with a lock on it.

Got the first layer of insulation over most of it this weekend, cut and glued. And was able to get the floor treated for rust, a coat of enamel paint, insulated, and now the subfloor glued down.

Next steps are to install the RV windows, insulate the ceiling, attach my framing, & install the exterior cameras. Then I’ll be able to get it the paint shop and then hit the home stretch.

Been quite the endeavor, but still moving forward.

After some initial success, we hit a HUGE snag getting the old floor up. In particular the rails on the floor that the bus seats secure down to. Had to cut probably 100+ bolts with a saws all.

Last week got the door mounted and put a functioning door knob with a lock on it.

Got the first layer of insulation over most of it this weekend, cut and glued. And was able to get the floor treated for rust, a coat of enamel paint, insulated, and now the subfloor glued down.

Next steps are to install the RV windows, insulate the ceiling, attach my framing, & install the exterior cameras. Then I’ll be able to get it the paint shop and then hit the home stretch.

Keep plugging away as I bet it will be worth it when finished.

Reactions: TMFT and 76-1
What is this project? I must have missed the start thread.
I had mentioned a project my boy & I are doing in some previous thread. https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/threads/rip-rooftop-at-the-rock.238789/#post-3958256

We bought a 2008 International short bus and we're converting it to a weekender tailgate RV.

We went to all of the games last year (home & away) and hotel prices are insane. Like, 2 nights in State College at a crappy hotel was like $950. I figured an RV would end up saving us money in the long run. Turns out it's going to take several years to get the ROI, but I'm here for it. Overall though, it's worth it to just spend time with my son.

PLUS I would be able to no longer have to leave Indy at 4AM to get in line for the grass lots to open because Junior demands to be the first tailgater. With 8 home games this year, I'm VERY excited for being able to sleep as long as I want to on Saturdays.

I decided to open up a Flickr account to log the progress and wanted to share. I'll probably do the next dump of photos in a 3-4 weeks, hopefully, after I've gotten the exterior painted.

I had mentioned a project my boy & I are doing in some previous thread. https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/threads/rip-rooftop-at-the-rock.238789/#post-3958256

We bought a 2008 International short bus and we're converting it to a weekender tailgate RV.

We went to all of the games last year (home & away) and hotel prices are insane. Like, 2 nights in State College at a crappy hotel was like $950. I figured an RV would end up saving us money in the long run. Turns out it's going to take several years to get the ROI, but I'm here for it. Overall though, it's worth it to just spend time with my son.

PLUS I would be able to no longer have to leave Indy at 4AM to get in line for the grass lots to open because Junior demands to be the first tailgater. With 8 home games this year, I'm VERY excited for being able to sleep as long as I want to on Saturdays.

I decided to open up a Flickr account to log the progress and wanted to share. I'll probably do the next dump of photos in a 3-4 weeks, hopefully, after I've gotten the exterior painted.
Congrats.
Amazing you have this skill.
Wonderful time with your son.
Your son’s family will use it long after you and I are gone.

Not only do we have eight home games, but three of the four road games are within four hours of Bloomington...if ever the was a great time for somebody to develop my unhealthy addiction to attending all the games, this would be the year.
Yeah, next season’s trips to Iowa, Maryland, & Penn State are gonna be rough.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Not only do we have eight home games, but three of the four road games are within four hours of Bloomington...if ever the was a great time for somebody to develop my unhealthy addiction to attending all the games, this would be the year.
Nice putting pressure on the building crew.

Very nice. Big project!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT