ADVERTISEMENT

How these LGBTQ+ Hoosiers find community, comfort in Christian spaces

hoot1

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2001
Thought this might be an interesting topic for discssion at The Cooler.

We often read about religious folks reminding us about the perceived sins of the LGBQT community.

What is sometimes overlooked are the many churches who welcome members of the LGBQT community, and how important it is to some members of this community to be members of these churches.

This article describes the feelings of some of the LGBQT faithful who find their faith to be vital in their everyday living.

In reading the stories of the LGBQT members and their Christian faith couldn't help but notice their emphasis on the love of God and Jesus.

We often read about religious folks reminding us about the perceived sins of the LGBQT community.

What is sometimes overlooked are the many churches who welcome members of the LGBQT community, and how important it is to some members of this community to be members of these churches.

This article describes the feelings of some of the LGBQT faithful who find their faith to be vital in their everyday living.

In reading the stories of the LGBQT members and their Christian faith couldn't help but notice their emphasis on the love of God and Jesus.
What does the '+' mean?

Some of us cheapskates couldn't read the story behind the paywall. However, after the moronic thread from that bolier guy detailing how bigots at his wife's place of employment trashed Pride decorations, it might have seemed to outsiders that all of Indiana was a trailer park wasteland (jk Mark ;))

So this thread is a breath of fresh air. And my contribution is a couple of FREE videos detailing how kids from Fort Wayne (Carroll High School) defeated attempts to censor them because one or two parents complained about the high school play they were scheduled to perform... Because it had LGBTQ characters-oh the horror...

Here's the original story I saw on MSNBC a few weeks back, but never got around to posting...

The original WAPO account, a little more in depth...

Reactions: UncleMark

What's interesting about it? It's not debatable. Once your saved in Christ you're baptized into his death. That means go forth and sin no more. Which is why God gives us the establishment commandment (the doctrine which is according to Godliness) to go forward and sin not, which is darn hard to do. For instance I may slip and cuss, but I apologize knowing that for the remission of sins that are "past" I'm good. But I CANNOT LIVE IN SIN. If you commit to Christ you can't be in Christ as a sinner. How does that work according to scripture??? Sure I could lay out scripture but as I've done in the past it ends up with people wrongly dividing.
If your saved and have given yourself to Christ fully pursuaded in belief, stop sinning. If you read according to the establishment commandment you get slapped in the face multiple times over this daily. Go on in Love, but don't sin.

Last edited:
Reactions: GiggityGoo
Some of us cheapskates couldn't read the story behind the paywall. However, after the moronic thread from that bolier guy detailing how bigots at his wife's place of employment trashed Pride decorations, it might have seemed to outsiders that all of Indiana was a trailer park wasteland (jk Mark ;))

So this thread is a breath of fresh air. And my contribution is a couple of FREE videos detailing how kids from Fort Wayne (Carroll High School) defeated attempts to censor them because one or two parents complained about the high school play they were scheduled to perform... Because it had LGBTQ characters-oh the horror...

Here's the original story I saw on MSNBC a few weeks back, but never got around to posting...

The original WAPO account, a little more in depth...

I also object to some bastardization of Robin Hood where everyone is queer that was created in 2017.

Why can’t they do Romeo and Juliet? Oklahoma? Othello? The Wizard of Oz? West Side Story?

Hell I’d even settle for a bunch of loser heroin attics with HIV if they wanted to do a production of Rent.

The degradation of the culture is the point you see. The classics must be torn down and replaced with crap because there is no such thing as craft or merit in a progressive Marxist society.

However, after the moronic thread from that bolier guy detailing how bigots at his wife's place of employment trashed Pride decorations,
I doubt very much it happened. Sounded like a lame ass story a 5th grader would make up.

Reactions: UncleMark
What's interesting about it? It's not debatable. Once your saved in Christ you're baptized into his death. That means go forth and sin no more. Which is why God gives us the establishment commandment (the doctrine which is according to Godliness) to go forward and sin not, which is darn hard to do. For instance I may slip and cuss, but I apologize knowing that for the remission of sins that are "past" I'm good. But I CANNOT LIVE IN SIN. If you commit to Christ you can't be in Christ as a sinner. How does that work according to scripture??? Sure I could lay out scripture but as I've done in the past it ends up with people wrongly dividing.
If your saved and have given yourself to Christ fully pursuaded in belief, stop sinning. If you read according to the establishment commandment you get slapped in the face multiple times over this daily. Go on in Love, but don't sin.
IFTW, appreciate reading your perspective which summarizes why some churches aren't too receptive in welcoming members of the LGBTQ community who refuse to give up their "sinful" ways. I put sinful in quotes as the sins being committed aren't universally held by all faiths and congregations within some faiths.

My remarks above are made by having listened to retired ministers at a weekly meeting of retired oldsters. The discussion within the Methodist church on the acceptance of the Rainbow Community was often mentioned by the retired Methodist clergy who attended the meetings. Given this background, found the Star story to be interesting.

Have to admit the ministers at our meetings were highly receptive to allowing the Rainbow Community to become members of their congregations. Given this IFTW, it was important to read your take.

Reactions: Indianaftw
IFTW, appreciate reading your perspective which summarizes why some churches aren't too receptive in welcoming members of the LGBTQ community who refuse to give up their "sinful" ways. I put sinful in quotes as the sins being committed aren't universally held by all faiths and congregations within some faiths.

My remarks above are made by having listened to retired ministers at a weekly meeting of retired oldsters. The discussion within the Methodist church on the acceptance of the Rainbow Community was often mentioned by the retired Methodist clergy who attended the meetings. Given this background, found the Star story to be interesting.

Have to admit the ministers at our meetings were highly receptive to allowing the Rainbow Community to become members of their congregations. Given this IFTW, it was important to read your take.
I mean sure why can't they join? If the minister is preaching the truth and not what people wanna hear maybe they can help. It's up to the individual. Im getting ready to read this morning. 4 from Roman's forward and 4 from the old testament. That's what we're commanded to do. Anyways if people from the lgtbq community did that they would get seared daily. For me it helps me get through each day with God leading the way and helps fend off all the attacks from Satan and his army, which is bold faced out in the open these days. There have been many kingdoms like ours that have headed down this path. I don't think I have to tell you where it leads but it's coming. Peace!

My wife wanted to find a new church that was more progressive. Ft Wayne has a lot of traditional Catholic and Missouri-synod Lutherans, these are two religions that don't progress much.
She has taken us to Plymouth in ft wayne, and it is all-inclusive. The first sermon we heard was from a gay guy describing how difficult it was for him growing up wanting to be in a church that didn't want him back, and loving a god that he was being told didn't love him back. Most interesting sermon i have ever heard

I mean sure why can't they join? If the minister is preaching the truth and not what people wanna hear maybe they can help. It's up to the individual. Im getting ready to read this morning. 4 from Roman's forward and 4 from the old testament. That's what we're commanded to do. Anyways if people from the lgtbq community did that they would get seared daily. For me it helps me get through each day with God leading the way and helps fend off all the attacks from Satan and his army, which is bold faced out in the open these days. There have been many kingdoms like ours that have headed down this path. I don't think I have to tell you where it leads but it's coming. Peace!
My wife wanted to find a new church that was more progressive. Ft Wayne has a lot of traditional Catholic and Missouri-synod Lutherans, these are two religions that don't progress much.
She has taken us to Plymouth in ft wayne, and it is all-inclusive. The first sermon we heard was from a gay guy describing how difficult it was for him growing up wanting to be in a church that didn't want him back, and loving a god that he was being told didn't love him back. Most interesting sermon i have ever heard

Thanks ED and IFTW, your posts give both sides of the conflict. These are the kind of responses was hoping for when the thread was started.

As for me, respect all opinions on this subject and have no strong opinions about a loving God who is also angry when evil and injustice takes place.

Am disappointed the conflict has entered into our politics and is part of what is referred to as the culture wars. In a perfect world, religion would unite us and not divide us.

Am disappointed the conflict has entered into our politics and is part of what is referred to as the culture wars. In a perfect world, religion would unite us and not divide us.
Religion will always be a root cause of division among races/nations, b/c religion is a human construct.
Go to any traditional religious service on communion day, see if they let you partake if you are not of that denomination.....

Plenty of super liberal anti family churches now for them. I saw an article on one who claims god is non binary so yeah the sob story is a joke.

Plenty of super liberal anti family churches now for them. I saw an article on one who claims god is non binary so yeah the sob story is a joke.
If God doesn't have a physical body then how can God have a gender at all? Not that I think it matters, but seems like a silly hill to die on.

As far as LGBTQ folks finding a home in a church, good for them if they find a community that accepts them.

FTWs "sin no more" take is reasonable within his interpretation. Unreasonable with some others' interpretations I'm sure. The difference being that he doesn't define himself as living in sin, he's just a guy that commits the same sins over and over again. But when it's someone else's sin that he doesn't do also, that's an easy stone to cast first.

Your words made me think of 1 Corinthians 6 where there are different sins listed and homosexuality is one of them. Paul says in verse 9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
Verse 11 says, "and that is what some of you were". So the Lord changed their lives when they came to Christ. What people today don't understand is that God doesn't hate sinners. But once they come to Him then their lives will change. I suspect that some gays and lesbians hear about Jesus and then they immediately say to themselves, "If I come to Him then I have to leave this life and I love it too much".

B777, couldn't a family with a LBGQT member be pleased if their family member found a church ?

Heck, can see the family considering
joining the church who accepts LGBTQ people if the family's church is too critical of members of the LGBTQ community.

Think we all know families whose attitudes changed when a family member was outed.

Also understand why families don't accept the evil and sinful behavior of a family member whose choices they can only pray will change.

Thanks ED and IFTW, your posts give both sides of the conflict. These are the kind of responses was hoping for when the thread was started.

As for me, respect all opinions on this subject and have no strong opinions about a loving God who is also angry when evil and injustice takes place.

Too bad that so much of what I will call extreme Christianity is built around the belief that if you don't believe what I believe you are going to burn in hell.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Too bad that so much of what I will call extreme Christianity is built around the belief that if you don't believe what I believe you are going to burn in hell.
Stop watching YouTube videos of insane clergyman maybe?

Have you ever sat through a sermon or homily in any normal church in this country? They end with how we should all go forward in our daily lives thinking about how we should help the poor, sick, afflicted in our communities.

That is the purpose of the church you know? A local community where everyone can congregate and restore our shared values? We help our neighbor when they are struggling.

Reactions: Indianaftw
So what "you believe" is if someone takes God's word for what it is they believe wrong because of hell? So either God's word is wrong and you're right or what? Extreme Christianity, hilarious.

I'm extreme...I think God's word "the Bible" is the final authority and humans aren't.

Hoot the bottom line is let them join or go to church if they wish. Why can't they? What are you debating if they can go?

Reactions: TMFT
Hoot the bottom line is let them join or go to church if they wish. Why can't they? What are you debating if they can go?

The point of the article was to let some members of the LGBTQ community explain why attending church was important to them.

My point in bringing this to The Cooler was to get reactions to the article from my fellow Coolerites.

Speaking of reactions, IFTW, your values are shared by many. Therefore, your contribution to this thread was vital when the topic appeared to be dying on the vine.

Last edited:
The point of the article was to let some members of the LGBTQ community explain why attending church was important to them.

My point in bringing this to The Cooler was to get reactions to the article from my fellow Coolerites.

Speaking of reactions, IFTW, your values are shared by many. Therefore, your contribution to this thread was vital when the topic appeared to be dying on the vine.
One of my questions for those who want the Christian religion or some type of religion and still live their gay/lesbian lifestyle is how do you choose what to believe about God and His Word and what to disagree with? Now their position is God doesn't mind it that they have relations with people of the same sex. This means they have to deny something God has said.
For instance I want to cut and past the entire chapter of Leviticus 18 and then make some points afterwards.

The Lord said to Moses, 2 “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘I am the Lord your God. 3 You must not do as they do in Egypt, where you used to live, and you must not do as they do in the land of Canaan, where I am bringing you. Do not follow their practices. 4 You must obey my laws and be careful to follow my decrees. I am the Lord your God. 5 Keep my decrees and laws, for the person who obeys them will live by them. I am the Lord.

6 “‘No one is to approach any close relative to have sexual relations. I am the Lord.

7 “‘Do not dishonor your father by having sexual relations with your mother. She is your mother; do not have relations with her.

8 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your father’s wife; that would dishonor your father.

9 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your sister, either your father’s daughter or your mother’s daughter, whether she was born in the same home or elsewhere.

10 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your son’s daughter or your daughter’s daughter; that would dishonor you.

11 “‘Do not have sexual relations with the daughter of your father’s wife, born to your father; she is your sister.

12 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your father’s sister; she is your father’s close relative.

13 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your mother’s sister, because she is your mother’s close relative.

14 “‘Do not dishonor your father’s brother by approaching his wife to have sexual relations; she is your aunt.

15 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your daughter-in-law. She is your son’s wife; do not have relations with her.

16 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your brother’s wife; that would dishonor your brother.

17 “‘Do not have sexual relations with both a woman and her daughter. Do not have sexual relations with either her son’s daughter or her daughter’s daughter; they are her close relatives. That is wickedness.

18 “‘Do not take your wife’s sister as a rival wife and have sexual relations with her while your wife is living.

19 “‘Do not approach a woman to have sexual relations during the uncleanness of her monthly period.

20 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your neighbor’s wife and defile yourself with her.

21 “‘Do not give any of your children to be sacrificed to Molek, for you must not profane the name of your God. I am the Lord.

22 “‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

23 “‘Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion.

24 “‘Do not defile yourselves in any of these ways, because this is how the nations that I am going to drive out before you became defiled. 25 Even the land was defiled; so I punished it for its sin, and the land vomited out its inhabitants. 26 But you must keep my decrees and my laws. The native-born and the foreigners residing among you must not do any of these detestable things, 27 for all these things were done by the people who lived in the land before you, and the land became defiled. 28 And if you defile the land, it will vomit you out as it vomited out the nations that were before you.

29 “‘Everyone who does any of these detestable things—such persons must be cut off from their people. 30 Keep my requirements and do not follow any of the detestable customs that were practiced before you came and do not defile yourselves with them. I am the Lord your God.’”

Friends, as you look at this list of sexual prohibitions which one of these do you disagree with God about? Look at verse 10. Do any of you think it is ok or appropriate to have sex with your granddaughters? This is what the text is saying. God's will is that you don't do that. At my last church near the Fort there was a woman who was in her last 60's. She told me that her grandfather had molested her when she was living with him as a small girl. So this happened 50-60 yrs before she told me. She still had terrible sorrow over what he did. So was the grandfather wrong to do it? Well, according to verse 10 of our text God would say it was. My question for anyone in the LGBTQ+ group or those who sympathize with them is if you agree with God that men should not have sex with their granddaughter and also grandsons would apply, then why don't you trust in God's Word in all the areas? Who in their right mind would disagree with verse 23 which speaks about bestiality? Was God wrong to prohibit having sex with animals? Is He some kind of cosmic killjoy who is stopping us from having fun? My view is we accept the Will of God because He is God. He is our Creator, and knows us far better than we know ourselves. Jesus said this about God's intimate knowledge of us.
Luke 12:4“I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. 5 But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after your body has been killed, has authority to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him. 6 Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. 7 Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
vs 22
Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. 23 For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. 24 Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! 25 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life[b]? 26 Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?

27 “Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 28 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith! 29 And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. 30 For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. 31 But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.

Reactions: Mas-sa-suta
One of my questions for those who want the Christian religion or some type of religion and still live their gay/lesbian lifestyle is how do you choose what to believe about God and His Word and what to disagree with? Now their position is God doesn't mind it that they have relations with people of the same sex. This means they have to deny something God has said.
For instance I want to cut and past the entire chapter of Leviticus 18 and then make some points afterwards.

The Lord said to Moses, 2 “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘I am the Lord your God. 3 You must not do as they do in Egypt, where you used to live, and you must not do as they do in the land of Canaan, where I am bringing you. Do not follow their practices. 4 You must obey my laws and be careful to follow my decrees. I am the Lord your God. 5 Keep my decrees and laws, for the person who obeys them will live by them. I am the Lord.

6 “‘No one is to approach any close relative to have sexual relations. I am the Lord.

7 “‘Do not dishonor your father by having sexual relations with your mother. She is your mother; do not have relations with her.

8 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your father’s wife; that would dishonor your father.

9 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your sister, either your father’s daughter or your mother’s daughter, whether she was born in the same home or elsewhere.

10 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your son’s daughter or your daughter’s daughter; that would dishonor you.

11 “‘Do not have sexual relations with the daughter of your father’s wife, born to your father; she is your sister.

12 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your father’s sister; she is your father’s close relative.

13 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your mother’s sister, because she is your mother’s close relative.

14 “‘Do not dishonor your father’s brother by approaching his wife to have sexual relations; she is your aunt.

15 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your daughter-in-law. She is your son’s wife; do not have relations with her.

16 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your brother’s wife; that would dishonor your brother.

17 “‘Do not have sexual relations with both a woman and her daughter. Do not have sexual relations with either her son’s daughter or her daughter’s daughter; they are her close relatives. That is wickedness.

18 “‘Do not take your wife’s sister as a rival wife and have sexual relations with her while your wife is living.

19 “‘Do not approach a woman to have sexual relations during the uncleanness of her monthly period.

20 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your neighbor’s wife and defile yourself with her.

21 “‘Do not give any of your children to be sacrificed to Molek, for you must not profane the name of your God. I am the Lord.

22 “‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

23 “‘Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion.

24 “‘Do not defile yourselves in any of these ways, because this is how the nations that I am going to drive out before you became defiled. 25 Even the land was defiled; so I punished it for its sin, and the land vomited out its inhabitants. 26 But you must keep my decrees and my laws. The native-born and the foreigners residing among you must not do any of these detestable things, 27 for all these things were done by the people who lived in the land before you, and the land became defiled. 28 And if you defile the land, it will vomit you out as it vomited out the nations that were before you.

29 “‘Everyone who does any of these detestable things—such persons must be cut off from their people. 30 Keep my requirements and do not follow any of the detestable customs that were practiced before you came and do not defile yourselves with them. I am the Lord your God.’”

Friends, as you look at this list of sexual prohibitions which one of these do you disagree with God about? Look at verse 10. Do any of you think it is ok or appropriate to have sex with your granddaughters? This is what the text is saying. God's will is that you don't do that. At my last church near the Fort there was a woman who was in her last 60's. She told me that her grandfather had molested her when she was living with him as a small girl. So this happened 50-60 yrs before she told me. She still had terrible sorrow over what he did. So was the grandfather wrong to do it? Well, according to verse 10 of our text God would say it was. My question for anyone in the LGBTQ+ group or those who sympathize with them is if you agree with God that men should not have sex with their granddaughter and also grandsons would apply, then why don't you trust in God's Word in all the areas? Who in their right mind would disagree with verse 23 which speaks about bestiality? Was God wrong to prohibit having sex with animals? Is He some kind of cosmic killjoy who is stopping us from having fun? My view is we accept the Will of God because He is God. He is our Creator, and knows us far better than we know ourselves. Jesus said this about God's intimate knowledge of us.
Luke 12:4“I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. 5 But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after your body has been killed, has authority to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him. 6 Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. 7 Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
vs 22
Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. 23 For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. 24 Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! 25 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life[b]? 26 Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?

27 “Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 28 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith! 29 And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. 30 For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. 31 But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.
You've focused on verse 10 and so will I.

I don't know anyone who would disagree with that directive. I do find it curious, though, that the conduct is proscribed because engaging in that reprehensible activity "would dishonor you" (the adult perpetrator). What about the terrible harm to the child?

The Old Testament has many insightful and inspirational passages. It does, though, clearly reflect the culture and values of the times when it was written. That explains why, in some respects, women and children seem to be viewed as second-class citizens. That's also the reason why some of the content, when read today, is perceived by many clear-thinking people as morally troubling.

But back to verse 10. You mentioned an elderly woman in your congregation who was still troubled by sexual abuse she suffered at the hands of her grandfather six decades earlier. I can assure you that you've had many other congregants who were abused as children by relatives, neighbors or family "friends."

These incidents are not rare, and adults who harm children in that way deserve "special place in hell" status.

Maybe you should focus more on that kind of destructive behavior, where there is a young, innocent victim, as opposed to what consenting adults do in private.

And if you feel compelled to go after consenting adults, don't overlook the millions who engage in adultery. Last I checked, adultery is specifically addressed in one of the Ten Commandments. And there is always at least one victim.

vs 22

I’d like to read your treatise on Exodus 21 and slavery.

As to your question, people can ignore the sexual laws in Christianity like they ignore all of the ones that happen to be things they do. Adultery. Gluttony. Sloth. Wrath. Divorce. Drunkenness.

As for me, I’d buy that the Bible was man written regardless of whether it’s divinely inspired.

Reactions: DANC

vs 22

Probably the same way drunks, cheaters, and fornicators justify their beliefs in Christianity.

A sin is a sin. We all sin and fall short of the glory of God.

WTF? Of course God is non-binary. How could he be otherwise?
OHG, any thoughts about the rest of the Holy Trinity ?

In my younger years would have considered asking such a question to be sacrireligious.

Even today I cringed when asking about the gender of The Holy Trinity. After all we cannot begin to know everything and keeping the faith is vital.

These days am relying on God having a sense of humor and humility.

Egads, just call me sacrireligious as Hell. Oh well.

Obviously Jesus was male, but the divine aspect of the Son would not have a gender, IMO.
I personally can not say that this is out of reach. All of this spiritual knowledge relies on a whole lot of faith and the hope that a few of the historical characters did have an actual conduit into the next realm. Outside of that, one doesn't have to believe in a higher power, to accept that the message, if followed, may help to deliver a more positive and comforting life.

Reactions: hoot1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT