ADVERTISEMENT

How many surprises today?

Fenny72

Freshman
Aug 19, 2002
First surprise was JH Tevis, Cal Transfer DL. Looks like solid player.

Saw a note on Twitter that Coach Peoples might have a couple surprises, so guess that is one.

We got the Juco WR yesterday, but still could probably use more depth there.

Would be nice to see a surprise on the OL or at QB today.

Hopefully, no bad surprises. Good to see lots of early signings.

I see Leddarius Cox, transfer from Ole Miss, says he is a DT but listed as OL on their roster. Anyone know if that is just a typo or is he planning on switching?

Reactions: vesuvius13
So as of right now, we have everyone in but these 6, right?

Cameron Camper

DJ Moore

Jamari Sharpe

Omar Cooper Jr.

Carter Smith

Bray Lynch

Reactions: red hornet
Bad surprise is that Omar Cooper is not signing just yet. He hasn’t decommitted but wants to know more about the new OC, which is fair. Hoping he’s still a keeper…

Reactions: red hornet
Bad surprise is that Omar Cooper is not signing just yet. He hasn’t decommitted but wants to know more about the new OC, which is fair. Hoping he’s still a keeper…
He's waiting on a Quarterback.

We don't have one.

Reactions: bang63
Omar Cooper is now going to wait until February to sign, he wants to sit down with Coach Bell and learn his plans for the offense and develop a relationship.
That's understandable to a degree but it's really too bad he couldn't have come in early and learned the Offense during Spring Practice...

He has a legit chance to come in and take a starting position..., But.... few can do that on just talent alone... You have to know what's expected of you out there...

Sighhhhhh.... 😔

That's understandable to a degree but it's really too bad he couldn't have come in early and learned the Offense during Spring Practice...
That may have never been his plan to graduate early though. Singing today does not = starting in Jan for all recruits. Just locks them in.

Close the deal, Walt!
Would be a big loss if he ultimately doesn't sign. WR room looks very thin with all the departures. Add Simmons and Camper (assuming he signs), but questions about those 2 obviously. J. Lucas does look like a slot guy, although he's listed at TB.

Would be a big loss if he ultimately doesn't sign. WR room looks very thin with all the departures. Add Simmons and Camper (assuming he signs), but questions about those 2 obviously. J. Lucas does look like a slot guy, although he's listed at TB.
Lucas could probably play both and will line up at multiple spots. He’s going to be hard to cover.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Despite all the talk about our WR and QB situations, I think we'll be fine.

Tuttle / someone from the portal / McCulley / Gremel is honestly solid. McCulley could break out with another year of development. I think Dexter Williams may get Chris Covington'd or transfer.

DJ Matthews / Swinton / Emery Simmons (who I am VERY high on) / Ellis / Jaquez Smith is a decent receiver room with a lot of upside.

Should have a good but not great passing game next year. Which means we have to improve our running game. That being said....

Anyone else still not feeling great about our OL? Looking like:

C: O'Connor
RG: Carpenter or Holtz
LG: Bedford
LT: Sales
RT: Rafferty

Apart from Bedford (who was decent last year and pretty damn good his freshman year), that's mostly backups from a group last year that was one of the worst in FBS. I'm really surprised we didn't go after impact transfers in the portal who can start right away and play solidly. Gotta wonder if we are ultra high on the 3 guys we're bringing in this year (I'm personally high on Carter Smith - think he'll be our next NFL lineman).

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Cooper waiting until Feb isn't great news, but will allow him time to talk with the OC and get to know him (as well as talk to DM about how he is inside the program) , see who else we get at WR through the portal, and who we get at QB (Portal/High School).
Seems like a very smart decision by him, but will definitely open him up to some hard recruiting pushes from other schools looking to poach him away.

I think the Cooper delay could be related to a possible DM transfer if we bring in a portal quarterback. That is completely uninformed and based solely on the fact that it's what almost every other quarterback in the country is doing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT