ADVERTISEMENT

TWO WEEKS AWAY

Kelly_32

All-Big Ten
Dec 12, 2004
Thoughts going into the season...

QB - I don't know that Jackson or Sorsby has done enough to separate themselves from each other. From what I've heard, they both have performed well during fall camp. Anxious to see what CTA does. Name a starter (privately)? Play both? Reports are that Williams is making great progress. Will we see him if the freshmen struggle?

RB - I've heard great things about this group - especially Turner. I really hope we play Lucas more in the slot. Holloman has also looked good and we know what we are getting with Henderson.

TE - Just need them to block, block, block and catch an occasional pass.

WR - Another strength and good depth here. Love the mix of speed and size.

OL - The biggest question mark (along with the secondary). All reports have been that this group has looked much better. We know they are both experienced and better coached. How much have they improved? Our offense will be what we can block.

DL - I'm looking forward to watching this group, especially Carter. We need to get after the QB to help out our secondary.

LB - Love Casey and Magnum-Farrar. I'm not worried about this group at all (barring injuries to those two)

DB - Probably the second biggest question mark behind the OL. There's talent there but we have a lot of new guys and this is a group that needs time to gel.

ST - Lucas returning kicks, a really good punter and a high school All-American kicker. This group should be solid.

What have you heard about Turner???

Regarding TE, hopefully they get more action. I'm sure that's why AJ Barner left for Michigan. Barnes will have a huge season up there because Michigan has traditionally utilized the TE very, very well.

Thoughts going into the season...

QB - I don't know that Jackson or Sorsby has done enough to separate themselves from each other. From what I've heard, they both have performed well during fall camp. Anxious to see what CTA does. Name a starter (privately)? Play both? Reports are that Williams is making great progress. Will we see him if the freshmen struggle?

RB - I've heard great things about this group - especially Turner. I really hope we play Lucas more in the slot. Holloman has also looked good and we know what we are getting with Henderson.

TE - Just need them to block, block, block and catch an occasional pass.

WR - Another strength and good depth here. Love the mix of speed and size.

OL - The biggest question mark (along with the secondary). All reports have been that this group has looked much better. We know they are both experienced and better coached. How much have they improved? Our offense will be what we can block.

DL - I'm looking forward to watching this group, especially Carter. We need to get after the QB to help out our secondary.

LB - Love Casey and Magnum-Farrar. I'm not worried about this group at all (barring injuries to those two)

DB - Probably the second biggest question mark behind the OL. There's talent there but we have a lot of new guys and this is a group that needs time to gel.

ST - Lucas returning kicks, a really good punter and a high school All-American kicker. This group should be solid.
A good analysis of IU heading into this season.
- Competiton with the QBs should really help them especially with Williams looming in the background.
- By all reports by RBs and others the OL is much better now. Imagine what the team would be with a good OL.
- TEs have a variety of type TEs from blockers to real receivers
- I like this receiver group as they have speed, shiftiness for some, height along with smaller quicker players.

The Defense has several questions to answer.
- DL is seen by BTN along with others as looking like a B1G DL and playing like one.
- LBs seem to be in better shape with the LBs coming in
- DBs are the big question not for lack of talent but lack of experience. IU has very talented DBs and I like that they are playing more zone and hope they can get back to the play of 2020.

- special teams should be in good shape this year as Lucas is the returner, James comes back as punter, and Wracher as our long snapper again, The only really issue is FG kicking but we have the #3 kicker in the nation this past year.

I look forward to an exciting team on the field this year surprising people that don't expect IU to be very good.

Reactions: CC Mac
A good analysis of IU heading into this season.
- Competiton with the QBs should really help them especially with Williams looming in the background.
- By all reports by RBs and others the OL is much better now. Imagine what the team would be with a good OL.
- TEs have a variety of type TEs from blockers to real receivers
- I like this receiver group as they have speed, shiftiness for some, height along with smaller quicker players.

The Defense has several questions to answer.
- DL is seen by BTN along with others as looking like a B1G DL and playing like one.
- LBs seem to be in better shape with the LBs coming in
- DBs are the big question not for lack of talent but lack of experience. IU has very talented DBs and I like that they are playing more zone and hope they can get back to the play of 2020.

- special teams should be in good shape this year as Lucas is the returner, James comes back as punter, and Wracher as our long snapper again, The only really issue is FG kicking but we have the #3 kicker in the nation this past year.

I look forward to an exciting team on the field this year surprising people that don't expect IU to be very good.
Tell me your win total?

How many wins do you anticipate?
I think we’re very likely a three to five win team, based on overall team talent and experience especially at key positions), as well consistency of both the roster and the coaching staff. I lean more toward the three side than the five, based on the factors I cited, as well as our schedule, which really only has one certain win on it.

Whats your prediction?

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13
I think we’re very likely a three to five win team, based on overall team talent and experience especially at key positions), as well consistency of both the roster and the coaching staff. I lean more toward the three side than the five, based on the factors I cited, as well as our schedule, which really only has one certain win on it.

Whats your prediction?
Extremely tough to predict, with a revamped roster and a number of new coaches.

I'll go with four to six. I like the higher end if we can somehow beat Louisville on Sep 16.

Schedule does us no favors, though, with only four B1G home games and one of them against OSU. Things look much more favorable in 2024 with five conference home games, and no OSU and UM on the schedule.

Reactions: indy1203
Extremely tough to predict, with a revamped roster and a number of new coaches.

I'll go with four to six. I like the higher end if we can somehow beat Louisville on Sep 16.

Schedule does us no favors, though, with only four B1G home games and one of them against OSU. Things look much more favorable in 2024 with five conference home games, and no OSU and UM on the schedule.
Impossible to predict this season

Impossible to predict this season
Of course. But it's still fun to take a shot at it.

I would be thrilled with six wins and a bowl game. Unfortunately I think that's the ceiling. The schedule is brutal. One strength of schedule ranking I just saw indicates IU has the 4th toughest schedule in the conference (behind MSU, OSU and Minnesota) and 27th nationally.

Of course. But it's still fun to take a shot at it.

I would be thrilled with six wins and a bowl game. Unfortunately I think that's the ceiling. The schedule is brutal. One strength of schedule ranking I just saw indicates IU has the 4th toughest schedule in the conference (behind MSU, OSU and Minnesota) and 27th nationally.
28 year season ticket holder with many games before that.

I have stopped predicting

But six wins and a warm bowl would be great!

What have you heard about Turner???

Regarding TE, hopefully they get more action. I'm sure that's why AJ Barner left for Michigan. Barnes will have a huge season up there because Michigan has traditionally utilized the TE very, very well.
Don't count on Barnes having a "huge season" if he doesn't learn another offensive move with the football aside from having it bounce off his fingertips...

Looked like Trazan, played like Jane, was all I saw out on the field from him last Fall...

Guys a mediocre blocker who routinely dropped the ball... We'll see if he's miraculously changed his m.o. up there...

Don't count on Barnes having a "huge season" if he doesn't learn another offensive move with the football aside from having it bounce off his fingertips...

Looked like Trazan, played like Jane, was all I saw out on the field from him last Fall...

Guys a mediocre blocker who routinely dropped the ball... We'll see if he's miraculously changed his m.o. up there...
Ouch

No lies detected.

Reactions: 76-1

I’m more anxious to see Clipboard Jack up there and how he does. Will the signals from the sideline be crisp? I’m hoping he gets all the signals in on time to their starters.

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/indiana/90728

Our lads has 14 transfers starting (of 22 and 25 of 44) including happy camper DT Philip Blidi, MLB Jacob Magnum-Farrar, Captain Andre Carter, Bull Miles Jackson, and DT Patrick Lucas: Lots of transfers in their backups too.

Transfer DeQuece Carter is expected to start in the slot. Transfer Williams will spell Camper to keep Camper’s pitch count low enough to finish games. Transfer Henderson is projected to start at RB.

Last year‘s tape won’t be worth much as the defensive tactics employed will be adapted to what this group does well. Bostad will change the OL tape too.

It’s practically a whole new team.

Last edited:
Thanks. I was hoping to see one of the QBs step in to a Captain role. Then again, Tuttle was captain and hardly played. So I'm not going to read too much into it.
Katic is perhaps the best returning OL and is a RS SR. Choosing Katic avoids naming one of two RS FRs a Captain and then seeing them flop on the field. Had Williams returned uninjured, I think he would of had a shot at captain. Interesting that there was no discussion of a player straw poll.

Katic is perhaps the best returning OL and is a RS SR. Choosing Katic avoids naming one of two RS FRs a Captain and then seeing them flop on the field. Had Williams returned uninjured, I think he would of had a shot at captain. Interesting that there was no discussion of a player straw poll.
I get that. I do. I don't mean to say any one of the. bad choice. And I also understand that CTA most likely just chose himself.

I just mean to say that the QB is a defacto leader and it would have been great to see one of them step up leadership wise.

For example, Ramsey was Captain in 2019 and Penix was in 2020. Both QB led their team to great seasons. I'm going to throw away 2021 and forget it forever.

In 2022, Tuttle was captain but didn't play. Rumor has it that Baz was not well liked in the locker room and ended up mailing it in early in the season. Lack of leadership and accountability derailed that offense.

2023 needs solid leadership and accountability at QB for success.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT