ADVERTISEMENT

Hey, remember when McConnell wouldn't allow a vote

on Merrick Garland for the Supreme Count?

And guys like @UncleMark were really pissed about it?

Good times

care to explain the comparison?

1) Dems vote against impeachment on a partisan witch-hunt that was solely based on revenge for Trump being impeached on much more serious charges. Btw, Republicans in the Senate voted against removing Trump as well.

vs

2) McConnell refusing to fill an open spot on the Supreme Court seat for almost a year when Obama was president due to it being an Election year. An excuse never before used for refusing to fill a seat. 4 years later, he rushed through filling a seat during the 2020 election.

Now explain how 1 and 2 are the same.

They voted. Which makes your original comparison nonsensical.
You missed the point. It's not that they 'voted'. They didn't vote on impeachment, which is their duty, under the Constitution.

But the larger point is that @UncleMark had a fit when McConnell went against normal Senate procedure and held up the hearing for Garland. But he doesn't utter a peep when Schumer goes against normal Senate procedure and blocks an impeachment hearing - the first time in history for an official who hasn't resigned their position prior to a Senate hearing.

What's nonsensical is your total misunderstanding of those points.

care to explain the comparison?

1) Dems vote against impeachment on a partisan witch-hunt that was solely based on revenge for Trump being impeached on much more serious charges. Btw, Republicans in the Senate voted against removing Trump as well.

vs

2) McConnell refusing to fill an open spot on the Supreme Court seat for almost a year when Obama was president due to it being an Election year. An excuse never before used for refusing to fill a seat. 4 years later, he rushed through filling a seat during the 2020 election.

Now explain how 1 and 2 are the same.
They're not the same and I never said they were.

They both do go against normal Senate procedure, which is my point. I guess I should have spelled it out better for people like you and Goat, who have more myopic views.

To be fair, DANC sticks around.

I'm not sure higher frequency of posts is a good thing in this instance. I guess can call it doing donuts

Speeding Fast And Furious GIF by The Fast Saga

You missed the point. It's not that they 'voted'. They didn't vote on impeachment, which is their duty, under the Constitution.

But the larger point is that @UncleMark had a fit when McConnell went against normal Senate procedure and held up the hearing for Garland. But he doesn't utter a peep when Schumer goes against normal Senate procedure and blocks an impeachment hearing - the first time in history for an official who hasn't resigned their position prior to a Senate hearing.

What's nonsensical is your total misunderstanding of those points.
That's a very weak argument, and also not one you made in your OP. Trying to back pedal this just makes you look stupid.

Um you haven’t been around here long if you think that is the liberal playbook. May I introduce you to OP to start with?
I think he would be shocked by the results if we actually counted insults lobbed by conservative posters vs liberal posters.

What are you taking about? They voted.
You are dumber than dirt. You are a total embarrassment to the GOP.
Yeah, they voted to ignore the impeachment charges.
The Democrats voted that Mayorkas was carrying out administration policy, therefore impeachment is a violation of separation of powers.

The Democrat argument is total bullshit and Danc has this one exactly right.

The impeachment charge is not about policy, it’s about Mayorkas refusal to enforce the law. Disagreeing with the policy of the law is not grounds to ignore the law. By saying following the law is “policy” the democrats have just told all of us that the administration has discretion about whether to follow the law. That’s crazy.

Why in the hell should congress pass any law if the executive branch has discretion whether to follow it?

I expected the trial to be about the idea that the administration is unable to follow the law because of Trump or something.

But no, the Democrats stuck yet another knife in the side of good government by saying following the law is it’s sole and unreviewable choice.

Last edited:
The Democrats voted that Mayorkas was carrying out administration policy, therefore impeachment is a violation of separation of powers.

The Democrat argument is total bullshit and Danc has this one exactly right.

The impeachment charge is not about policy, it’s about Mayorkas refusal to enforce the law. Disagreeing with the policy of the law is not grounds to ignore the law. By saying following the law is “policy” the democrats have just told all of us that the administration has discretion about whether to follow the law. That’s crazy.

Why in the hell should congress pass any law if the executive branch has discretion whether to follow it?

I expected the trial to be about the idea that the administration is unable to follow the law because of Trump or something.

But no, the Democrats stuck yet another knife in the side of good government by saying following the law is it’s sole and unreviewable choice.
Danc has nothing right. He compared a case where McConnell didn't allow a vote to a case where Schumer did.

That you guys don't like the outcome is immaterial. His point was idiotic.

Danc has nothing right. He compared a case where McConnell didn't allow a vote to a case where Schumer did.

That you guys don't like the outcome is immaterial. His point was idiotic.
Didn’t they actually vote on a motion that Schumer made, but NEVER voted on what the house sent over. Two totaly separate things, right?

Reactions: DANC
Delta Tau Chi does not have explosives. By order of the United Nations. Otherwise, we’d have to nuke them . . . .

Burning sacks of dog shit, OTOH . . . .
DTX was our intrmural basketball team name back in the day. Ahhh the memories.

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66
DTX was our intrmural basketball team name back in the day. Ahhh the memories.
Did you all sober up by half-time or did you just gut it out?

Or, if you were all toked up like Kevin Durant before a game you might have had some out-of-your-mind outside shooting from beyond the arc. The rim can look five feet in diameter.

Did you all sober up by half-time or did you just gut it out?

Or, if you were all toked up like Kevin Durant before a game you might have had some out-of-your-mind outside shooting from beyond the arc. The rim can look five feet in diameter.
More than once I went from Happy Hour to a game. I was, of course, much younger then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT