ADVERTISEMENT

Hahaha. This is too good. Rudest people too

Indianaftw

All-American
Jul 26, 2017
Last edited:
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

Based on that data, Bloomington is the most stressed city in the state. However, based on some other data that I have seen, Bloomington is also (apparently) the rudest city in Indiana and on top of that, the college town also was named as one of the most dangerous cities in the state.

The hand wringing by the local shitlibs during Covid was comical. 😄

Based on that data, Bloomington is the most stressed city in the state. However, based on some other data that I have seen, Bloomington is also (apparently) the rudest city in Indiana and on top of that, the college town also was named as one of the most dangerous cities in the state.
Bloomington is one of the best college towns in America. IU is one of the finest public universities in the country.

I wonder how much time you've actually spent in town or on campus. Have you been in any campus buildings other than Assembly Hall?

With my daughter's enrollment and graduation, we're now a four-generation IU family. Go Hoosiers!!

Bloomington is one of the best college towns in America. IU is one of the finest public universities in the country.

I wonder how much time you've actually spent in town or on campus. Have you been in any campus buildings other than Assembly Hall?

With my daughter's enrollment and graduation, we're now a four-generation IU family. Go Hoosiers!!

^^^^^^^ Total reinforces my point. Bloomington is a shit hole.

^^^^^^^ Total reinforces my point. Bloomington is a shit hole.
You're clueless, dude. And alarmingly ignorant.

You clearly didn't attend IU. And If you hate the school so much, why are you and your low-information friends even here?

Also, curious as to whether you're employed (or maybe just retired). You seem to have way too much time on your hands.

Top five college town. And I’ve been to well over 100. School’s overall reputation does seem to be sliding tho

I enjoyed Bloomington when I was there, and I bet that I would enjoy it even more today, at least relative to what most of the rest of Trump-loving Indiana has become.

• Haha
Reactions: Lucy01
I enjoyed Bloomington when I was there, and I bet that I would enjoy it even more today, at least relative to what most of the rest of Trump-loving Indiana has become.
The only sane part of Indiana is Trump country. I wounder why that is.
I see Shitter could be the Bloomington Mayor just like that one that made the round about flower pots and the mass LGBTQ weddings. It (shitter) fits the profile of what has ruined Bloomington.

I am from one of the reddest parts of southern Indiana. My parents have passed away and my brother operates the farm, though he doesn't live there. He has had to install cameras in every bulding on the farm (even the barn and the corn cribs!) since people were setting up meth labs in any vacant structure that they could find.

• Wow
Reactions: Bowlmania
lots of meth?

sane for you, I guess
Ethanol, not METHanol. Loosers are loosers. And loosers build round about flower pots in Bloomington Indiana. Looser promote the .5% of society to have their own month of being "special". If you feel you need a month because you are "special" that means that you are not normal and you accept that you have a deficiency from nominal and demand everyone else to accept your bad luck, at their loss of being equally average.
LGBTQ only exist because that community understands that they can't simply be average citizen without people being informed of their own identified abnormalities.

It’s no UF. That school is killing it. $6000 and change a year. You’re in a good state
I've got UF (or "FU" as my mother-in-law mistakenly calls it - - ha ha) family ties as well, and have spent a shitload of time in Gainesville. You're right. It's a great school and a bargain. We'll see how Ben Sasse does as president.

The heat, though, is an issue. Ever been to a game in September or the first half of October? Make Bloomington seem like the arctic. Free water stations everywhere but people still passed out. Yes, some from intoxication but others from dehydration.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
I've got UF (or "FU" as my mother-in-law mistakenly calls it - - ha ha) family ties as well, and have spent a shitload of time in Gainesville. You're right. It's a great school and a bargain. We'll see how Ben Sasse does as president.

The heat, though, is an issue. Ever been to a game in September or the first half of October? Make Bloomington seem like the arctic. Free water stations everywhere but people still passed out. Yes, some from intoxication but others from dehydration.
Oh yeah no ocean breeze there. but definitely a bargain. i'm not sure what's going on with IU. when i went they had a top 25 law school. picked it over cornell, wash u, and nd. now it's barely top 50. and i hear kids from here going to kelley but iu is definitely not the buzz i hear anymore for a school of choice. the kids all here seem to favor sec schools. kids from good high schools to boot

Last edited:
The only sane part of Indiana is Trump country. I wounder why that is.
I see Shitter could be the Bloomington Mayor just like that one that made the round about flower pots and the mass LGBTQ weddings. It (shitter) fits the profile of what has ruined Bloomington.
I live in another college town surrounded by red, MAGA "Trump country."

For the most part, I get along with the people from more rural areas - my kids both have classmates/teammates from those areas - but I never saw anyone from in town with signs and flags hanging from swing sets that said 'F*#K Your Feelings' or "F*#K Joe Biden"

Don't get me wrong, there are some asshole students and idiots in town, but I typically don't see anything that crass in town.

For the most part, I get along with the people from more rural areas - my kids both have classmates/teammates from those areas - but I never saw anyone from in town with signs and flags hanging from swing sets that said 'F*#K Your Feelings' or "F*#K Joe Biden"

Don't get me wrong, there are some asshole students and idiots in town, but I typically don't see anything that crass in town.
Except for Halloween

Reactions: Ohio Guy

Unofficially speaking for the legacy Monroe county resident that hates B-town, everyone understands that the students are here to 1) of course learn 2) sow their oats 3) make that step from childhood into adult hood. It only makes sense that a few of them will inevitably step outside of the normal envelope, but the students have never been the preponderance of the problem. It's always been those self described marginalized, adults that gain power that make a goal of changing the community for "THEIR DESCRIBED" better experience.
Basically they learn communism and fail to gain power in their area, so they find a good hearted trusting local that they can slowly roll over. Standard overthrow tactics for personal advancements. That is Bloomington now and it's been a slow roll for 45+ years.

HELL, even the Amish old school know that their kids need that adaptation period, they are not the problem of the society. It's the adult looser West/ East coast fascist that move in for personal gain to turn places like B-town into a training camp, just like in Afghanistan or Pakistan.

I like a lot of what Bloomington offers. The best of both worlds is to live outside of Monroe County, you get the good from Bloomington without putting up with the crap.

As far as rudest I don't know. The rudest people in Indiana I've had the displeasure of being around are from Jackson County.

Reactions: outside shooter
The rudest people in Indiana I've had the displeasure of being around are from Jackson County.
i was born in a small town...

hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: Cthulhu85
The meth heads who have been caught, so far, robbing the farm and cooking up their crap on the farm are certainly Trumpers. Of the toothless, beat-up pickup-driving variety, but certainly solidly on your team.
Lmao your stupidity never ceases to amaze me. Meth heads are no more trumpers than gangbangers are Dems. Now how the parties react/treat same is a different story

The meth heads who have been caught, so far, robbing the farm and cooking up their crap on the farm are certainly Trumpers. Of the toothless, beat-up pickup-driving variety, but certainly solidly on your team.
Just remember that while this ass hat is disparaging an entire state, he lives in a state that is so known for dumb asses that it spawned a meme.

Do tell though.

• Love
Reactions: stollcpa and Lucy01

I’m calling bullshit here. In the “rudest city” article it says that same site recently called Bloomington the “most family friendly in the state.”

Somebody just wants clicks to their site by trying to be controversial.

This thread has been a good filter for separating those who are IU fans because they are grads, and those who just like a certain athletic program of a specific era.

Lmao your stupidity never ceases to amaze me. Meth heads are no more trumpers than gangbangers are Dems. Now how the parties react/treat same is a different story
"Give a small boy a hammer, and he will find that everything he encounters needs pounding." - Kaplan's Law of the Instrument

This thread has been a good filter for separating those who are IU fans because they are grads, and those who just like a certain athletic program of a specific era.
Bloomington was fine while I lived there. Quite a bit has changed since I did though (graduated very early 2000's).

the 80s seem like they would have been fun.
The "change" started happening in the 80's with Kim Jun Zitlo and her ilk gaining supreme leader status. It's been a constant death spiral of communist/ fascist over throw of the county at large ever since. Incorporated Ellettsville, that has some left over balls to tell B-town to pound sand is the only hold out left, as far as living in a "populated" area goes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT