ADVERTISEMENT

Galloway at the 2, I believe

achoosier

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 29, 2006
Chicago
IU does have a senior shooting guard who started 25 games in the B10 last year… he’s been the elephant in the room here the last few months as we collectively yearned for backcourt scorers. But couldn’t he pick up some of the JHS slack here? Be a senior leader on a team with a number of new/young key pieces? I mean, he hasn’t portaled once! That’s gotta count for something!

X
Galloway
Mgbako
Reneau
Ware

Is he really any more/less of a question mark than anyone else here? Granted he doesn’t have the wow athleticism and rim-attacking speed, handles, hops… but he went 46%(?!) from 3. And has clearly shown he can up his game between seasons (which you can’t say for every kid).

If he puts in a good summer, gets stronger/faster… idk, adding another 2 still makes sense, but now that the frontcourt VOID OF DOOM has been fixed (and then some, honestly), adding a game-changing 2 seems nice but not OMG we’re gonna die without it! Not at all. I have some faith Galloway will seize any opportunity here.

Newton IS crazy athletic too, and having watched a full game of him against some elite competition, I feel he’s underrated due to that injury that shut him down for a while. He’s a baller. Strong, very active, makes plays. I don’t think the B10 is gonna freak him out. So IU has some options at the 2. There isn’t a massive drop-off after Galloway, I don't think.

I believe IU can get buckets from all five of those guys above. We don’t need two superstars to replace two superstars. I mean, this team relied on Race/Kopp as the 3rd and 4th “best” players, for huge minutes, for years. We’re deeper now, I’d bet my 50 odd years of watching basketball on that.

We may have five solid pieces there. And quite a spark in Sparks, Cupps, Newton, Walker, Banks, Gunn…

Looking forward to fall. Whatever happens.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News