ADVERTISEMENT

FSU might pay $300M to get out of ACC???

1. If this is true, the amount is mind blowing
2. I guess this could be a nice income sweetener for the remaining members of the conference
3. Does FSU want the SEC or B1G??
4. Can/will other teams follow FSU's lead?

$300 million buyout in line for Florida State leaving ACC, Noles to reap 2x profits if the program joins Big Ten or SEC: Report
If you’re interested in fan chatter, here’s a link to an active free forum.

If FSU breaks their ACC GOR and leaves for another conference they forfeit their ACC revenues and the revenues they get from the new Conference go to the ACC Rightsholder, ESPN, until 2036 As damages for their breach of contract.

Cal, Stanford and SMU to the ACC. 😑 Notre Dame has new meat and stability.
ND will be independent for quite a lot longer, I believe.

Their own TV contract will remain competitive with any share they'd get from any of the conferences.

And with the 12 team playoff coming, it'll probably get easier for ND to make the playoffs.

And those are the stated 2 factors their decision makers will be constantly evaluating.

ND will be independent for quite a lot longer, I believe.

Their own TV contract will remain competitive with any share they'd get from any of the conferences.

And with the 12 team playoff coming, it'll probably get easier for ND to make the playoffs.

And those are the stated 2 factors their decision makers will be constantly evaluating.
ND pushed this pretty hard. If the ACC folded, got weaker or the good teams left for a better deal then ND schedule would be very hard to actually schedule good teams. They are dependent on the 5-6 ACC games a year. They have already fallen out of the top 10(or near out)in viewership.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT