Four officers killed, four more shot

JamieDimonsBalls

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2015
Trying to serve a warrant in Charlotte.

Guy was a real treat

Black guy with priors killing cops. Many of the board lefties hate those facts. Only white mass shooters make them horny. Shooter and the rest are like groundhogs

Anything from Al sharpton on this?

dumb as usual

This is the kind of thing that reverberates in the police community, just as the Floyd/King stuff permeates the black community. It's why you have the over-the-top responses, I think, where officers empty multiple clips at suspects or shooters.

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
This is the kind of thing that reverberates in the police community, just as the Floyd/King stuff permeates the black community. It's why you have the over-the-top responses, I think, where officers empty multiple clips at suspects or shooters.
Their training is to shoot you shoot to kill. So if they empty clips it’s really of no moment other than ugly optics. Key is you don’t want them shooting in the first place obviously

The big difference is the left uses Floyd etc as something larger. An indictment on society. Culture. Norms. Politics. When things like this happen not so much. No voting currency to be had

The big difference is the left uses Floyd etc as something larger. An indictment on society. Culture. Norms. Politics. When things like this happen not so much. No voting currency to be had
I agree re the left. But there are segments of America that use each and every piece of black violence as evidence that black people are inherently violent animals. It's a bubbling undercurrent that exists.

Now, I do "blame" the mix of culture, poverty, and upbringing for the disproportionate amount of violence committed by young black men. But you have to be careful to not attribute it to genetics. That used to be the dividing line between racist and non-racist. Nowadays, though, what I wrote could be considered racist by parts of the left.

I agree re the left. But there are segments of America that use each and every piece of black violence as evidence that black people are inherently violent animals. It's a bubbling undercurrent that exists.

Now, I do "blame" the mix of culture, poverty, and upbringing for the disproportionate amount of violence committed by young black men. But you have to be careful to not attribute it to genetics. That used to be the dividing line between racist and non-racist. Nowadays, though, what I wrote could be considered racist by parts of the left.
for sure.

I don't think the responses here are particularly fair or even-keeled.

I don't think there's sound basis to compare forum traffic on this story versus forum traffic on Noem because the latter involved a potential national office candidate, it was an event that went unresolved, and it spoke to the defense many here and elsewhere have for bad behavior. The latter story was resolved in that the bad guy was killed, the people involved weren't national figures involved in policy-setting, and I'm not aware that anyone is defending the shooter.

We also get into two things can be true territory. E.g., the shooter was a terrible person (for lack of a better description) and policing is extremely dangerous (and should be universally respected as such). But if the story is about broader policing, it's not as though police should be above any and all criticism for everything (even if this story is wholly inapplicable to that).

As it relates to the killing of the officers, I'm not sure there's the type of controversy (apart from there being an obvious and deadly wrong) that would drive lots of back and forth on a message board like this. Fomenting something because of that reality doesn't seem even-handed.

Also, MAGA is inherently an indictment on society. I'm not sure why it makes sense to criticize an opposing indictment.

I don't think there's sound basis to compare forum traffic on this story versus forum traffic on Noem
i don't think there is either and i'm not re noem. i compare it (along with the media) to other shootings and the makeup of the shooter and victims and the narrative that follows from same

i don't think there is either and i'm not re noem. i compare it (along with the media) to other shootings and the makeup of the shooter and victims and the narrative that follows from same
Frankly, I stuck my response on yours for no particular reason and it wasn't to suggest you specifically were equating them.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Brad, using the term 'clips' is anachronistic, dating back to top-loading, bolt action infantry long guns and before.
Today, and as long ago as WW2(BAR) the term is magazine, vernacular 'mags'.

'Be Hip, Don't say clip'

Their training is to shoot you shoot to kill. So if they empty clips it’s really of no moment other than ugly optics. Key is you don’t want them shooting in the first place obviously
Right a few of my best friends are police officers and they all will tell you if they have to open fire they empty the clip and then grab another. The key is obey the law and if confronted by police don't run, fight or shoot.

Right a few of my best friends are police officers and they all will tell you if they have to open fire they empty the clip and then grab another. The key is obey the law and if confronted by police don't run, fight or shoot.
Exactly. And who knows what unhinged off cop you have the bad fortune of crossing

Horribly tragic for these law enforcement officers who were just doing their jobs, and horribly tragic for their families.

I don't know that policing in this country has ever been more dangerous. With so many guns in the hands of people who shouldn't have them, every service of a warrant, every traffic stop and even welfare checks are stressful for cops, with a real risk of things quickly going bad.

Exactly. And who knows what unhinged off cop you have the bad fortune of crossing
All sound advice.

But do we want a society where this is the case? Does it have to be like this while still maintaining law and order?

Does it have to be like this while still maintaining law and order?
i can fix it if i'm king for a day. soros and his offspring involved in soros' stuff are banned from contributions as they are a cancer to society. no more funding woke Das and bail projects. al sharpton and the like losing their ability to speak. biden/harris/the squad are gone. gun sentences are exceptionally harsh. no bond. basically do everything differently from the biden/soros progressive party.

now to the right. more cops. way more cops. triple budgets. but not all these dumb cops. make their qualifications more congruent with federal law enforcement. education. experience. training. pyschological profiles. and pay them well. weed out the bottom feeder ged cops who are dolts. and with that added number of cops more community policing. and cops who look like the community they police. not an all white police force in ferguson with a huge black population.

amnesty for gun buybacks and pay well to buy them back.

bam.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and IU_Hickory
But there are segments of America that use each and every piece of black violence as evidence that black people are inherently violent animals.
Literally every story about a violent black man earns a thread by JDB on this forum. This story broke early this morning. The thread didn't start until a picture of the suspect was released.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
My opinion, based on my experience, is that the militarization of our Police forces, and career choices of ex-military to enter Police service have resulted in leakage of doctrines into actual policing practices.
One brought to mind is 'fire superiority ', a military term describing the act of having greater ability to inflict damage on and defeat the opposing force.
Trained (combat arms) Police will react with overwhelming fire superiority, although each has likely received many hours of training in gun safety and economies of force.
A second is the use of hand me down military equipment, lightly armored, carrying and partially shielding specialized operaters, some armed with automatic weapons. These vehicles can defeat fencing, vegetation, and most residential structures. I believe a number of these vehicles were used in this latest incident. I think they destroyed the surrounding neighborhood this time.

Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
My opinion, based on my experience, is that the militarization of our Police forces, and career choices of ex-military to enter Police service have resulted in leakage of doctrines into actual policing practices.
One brought to mind is 'fire superiority ', a military term describing the act of having greater ability to inflict damage on and defeat the opposing force.
Trained (combat arms) Police will react with overwhelming fire superiority, although each has likely received many hours of training in gun safety and economies of force.
A second is the use of hand me down military equipment, lightly armored, carrying and partially shielding specialized operaters, some armed with automatic weapons. These vehicles can defeat fencing, vegetation, and most residential structures. I believe a number of these vehicles were used in this latest incident. I think they destroyed the surrounding neighborhood this time.
interesting stuff. i'm shooting from the hip with my post on how to fix things w/ generalizations but it's tough stuff. requirements to become a cop in the most dangerous city in america are a ged, be 21, and pass an eye test. and they are still 20% plus understaffed. you can't open the doors anymore than that. so imagine what bottom feeders some have to be at this point

Horribly tragic for these law enforcement officers who were just doing their jobs, and horribly tragic for their families.

I don't know that policing in this country has ever been more dangerous. With so many guns in the hands of people who shouldn't have them, every service of a warrant, every traffic stop and even welfare checks are stressful for cops, with a real risk of things quickly going bad.
If those 'who shouldn’t have them' were sitting in prison,
they wouldn't be a problem.

This ****ing government imports criminals, has us $35 Trillion in debt, and sends $Billions to Israel and the Ukraine debacle, as American cities crumble.

"WE ARE ALL DETROIT"

No one on this board is dumber than you Hick. And I think you know that
Eh I know what you were trying to do but it didn't land. This terrible story is all over every news channel and dominating social media. And rightfully so. The reason their isn't much here is because the guy is dead and it seems pretty clear cut. Be didn't want to go back to prison so he decided to go out in a blaze. Glad the piece of shit is dead. I feel sick for those officers families. Horrible horrible situation. Every agrees and their is nothing to debate right now.

Eh I know what you were trying to do but it didn't land. This terrible story is all over every news channel and dominating social media. And rightfully so. The reason their isn't much here is because the guy is dead and it seems pretty clear cut. Be didn't want to go back to prison so he decided to go out in a blaze. Glad the piece of shit is dead. I feel sick for those officers families. Horrible horrible situation. Every agrees and their is nothing to debate right now.

no death toll is too high or too low for mcm to try to politicize it like a good conservative sheep.

lol fck off. i didn't start the thread. and everything i posted is spot on. it's not politicized by the left (including this board’s left) because of the makeup of the shooter and the victim. there's no voter currency. as i said. the left gets mileage out of certain criminal events. not others, particularly not when it's a black guy shooting cops with a history of priors.

mr. cori bush

Reactions: DANC and jet812
8 cops shot, with 4 killed, you get 5 replies. One dog, 20 years ago, is shot and killed, we get hundreds of responses. Go Figure!!
Uh you posted this an hour after the original. Not everyone can sit and post instantaneously. That’s absolutely awful.

lol fck off. i didn't start the thread. and everything i posted is spot on. it's not politicized by the left (including this board’s left) because of the makeup of the shooter and the victim. there's no voter currency. as i said. the left gets mileage out of certain criminal events. not others, particularly not when it's a black guy shooting cops with a history of priors.

mr. cori bush
I remember my first beer too.

mr. cori bush
Also because others have said stupid things doesn't make you immune to saying stupid things. It was a dumb comment. Stupid is as stupid does. So they say.

It was a dumb comment
in your opinion. i stand by comment and if you read through the thread so too do others. and for what's it's worth i have little value in your posts or opinions. you've demonstrated yourself willing to opine to shit without an ounce of knowledge or information. as in cori bush. you're a fitting progressive. carry on

Reactions: jet812
in your opinion. i stand by comment and if you read through the thread so too do others. and for what's it's worth i have little value in your posts or opinions. you've demonstrated yourself willing to opine to shit without an ounce of knowledge or information. as in cori bush. you're a fitting progressive. carry on
Don't be a pussy. Why so offended by such an innocuous post? I didn't say you were wrong. Just a tad hypocritical in the moment.

Don't be a pussy. Why so offended by such an innocuous post? I didn't say you were wrong. Just a tad hypocritical in the moment.
you said it was a dumb comment. it's not a dumb comment. it's an accurate comment and a problem as how the media and progressives view this stuff has actual implications for those living in cities. the hypocrisy should be called out

Reactions: DANC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT