ADVERTISEMENT

Flyovers

Marvin the Martian

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 4, 2001
For those interested in military craft:

"Airmen at Grissom are celebrating the 100th anniversary of the first aerial refueling flight by joining other units in a celebratory flight with flyovers at locations across the state, and around the world on June 27, 2023.
A Grissom KC-135R Stratotanker will launch from Fort Wayne Tuesday to begin a pre-designated route. The public may see the aircraft flying at a reduced altitude over at the following locations and times:
12:19 p.m. - Notre Dame campus
12:27 p.m. - Indiana Dunes State Park
12:47 p.m. - Purdue campus
1:02 p.m. - Downtown Terre Haute
1:13 p.m. - Indiana University campus
1:15 p.m. - Lake Monroe
1:34 p.m. - Downtown Evansville
1:50 p.m. - Downtown Clarksville, KY
2:29 p.m. - Florence, KY
2:46 p.m. - Shelbyville Army National Guard Station
2:51 p.m. - Indianapolis Motor Speedway
3:04 p.m. - Downtown Kokomo
3:07 - Grissom ARB

"Airmen at Grissom are celebrating the 100th anniversary of the first aerial refueling flight by joining other units in a celebratory flight with flyovers at locations across the state, and around the world on June 27, 2023.
A Grissom KC-135R Stratotanker will launch from Fort Wayne Tuesday to begin a pre-designated route. The public may see the aircraft flying at a reduced altitude over at the following locations and times:
Thanks man. Just added to my calendar.

Did anyone see it? I went to Showalter Fountain from 1:05 to 1:25. Never saw it.
Nah I'm too far away from their planned flight path. Your slight line at the fountain isn't very wide is it? If they were flying at 1000' (which would be proper min altitude over a populated area) they would have to be pretty damn close to where you are.... IF I remember the fountain sight lines correctly.

Nah I'm too far away from their planned flight path. Your slight line at the fountain isn't very wide is it? If they were flying at 1000' (which would be proper min altitude over a populated area) they would have to be pretty damn close to where you are.... IF I remember the fountain sight lines correctly.

Yep, there aren't a lot of clear views on campus between buildings and trees.

A person standing out near me said they saw a video from Terre Haute. So I guess it at least happened early, maybe the haze made them call it off?

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

I was stationed at Grissom AFB. When IU won the title in 87 I was the only one in the room who was rooting for IU. When Smart hit that shot I was the lone person jumping up and down. We would see the KC-135's a lot even when we moved off base when we got married.

Yep, there aren't a lot of clear views on campus between buildings and trees.

A person standing out near me said they saw a video from Terre Haute. So I guess it at least happened early, maybe the haze made them call it off?
Actually I've only been outside a couple time today and that Haze is real ! That would have put them as flying IMC/ IFR and would have probably changed their flight plans, at least the altitude part, maybe not the path.

Actually I've only been outside a couple time today and that Haze is real ! That would have put them as flying IMC/ IFR and would have probably changed their flight plans, at least the altitude part, maybe not the path.

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT