ADVERTISEMENT

Dow hits 40,000!!!

Thanks Dark Brandon! My portfolio thanks you!! ( just wrote to irritate you all so you can complain about the economy and how the stock market has nothing to do with it).
Yeah, my puny holdings are the highest they've ever been and just living life I'm cash flow positive. Joe is The Man!

Thanks Dark Brandon! My portfolio thanks you!! ( just wrote to irritate you all so you can complain about the economy and how the stock market has nothing to do with it).

Yay! The Dow averaged 4.3% since Nov 2021, after Biden's disasterous policies seeped into the economy the prior 10 months. And we still have not recovered from the worst bond market ever, where roughly 40% of a person's portfolio, and pension funds, are invested. Oh, and still underperformed inflation during the same time period.

But I'll admit, I didn’t think the markets would be thus resilient to the bad economic policies of Biden. The markets bounced back pretty well from the recession of 2022.

Yay! The Dow averaged 4.3% since Nov 2021, after Biden's disasterous policies seeped into the economy the prior 10 months. And we still have not recovered from the worst bond market ever, where roughly 40% of a person's portfolio, and pension funds, are invested. Oh, and still underperformed inflation during the same time period.

But I'll admit, I didn’t think the markets would be thus resilient to the bad economic policies of Biden. The markets bounced back pretty well from the recession of 2022.
Good job!!! PS There was no recession.

• Wow
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I agree, but looking backwards it’s not surprising considering the debts we’re running. After they agreed in 21 to not reign in spending, it makes sense. Last quarter’s debt was 600 billion. All of that money has to go somewhere. Gold is all time highs, Bitcoin is back to 67k, silver is back above 30.

No just showers with daughters that were inappropriate and demented and confirmed last month in a letter to a judge, but thank you for your support.
Way to stay on topic! No hon, it was NOT confirmed.

I do. There was no recession in 2022.

PS, it pains me to agree with Zeke, but she is occasionally right - I mean correct. 😉

We never came close to a recession. Inflation has been bad, but plenty of jobs still.

If a person's portfolio is not at or near an all time high they suck at investing.

Technically speaking there was a recession. Just because the NBER changed the goalposts (with some valid arguments around jobs, etc.) doesn’t mean there wasn’t one.

Moreover, everyone in corporate America was trying to figure out when/if/how deep one might be in 2H 2022 and 2023. Some are still skiddish, even though the odds of one have decline significantly.

Trade protectionism, bumbling fiscal policy, anti-business policies, foreign policy nightmares and proposed tax increase are all dragging on what could be a much better performing economy.

We never came close to a recession. Inflation has been bad, but plenty of jobs still.

If a person's portfolio is not at or near an all time high they suck at investing.

We had negative GDP each of the first 2 quarters of 2022. There has never been a time where the US has had 2 consecutive negative quarters and not been determined to be a recession.

However, the NBER has yet to call it a recession. But that time period did meet the long standing definition of a recession - consecutive quartes of economic decline.

We had negative GDP each of the first 2 quarters of 2022. There has never been a time where the US has had 2 consecutive negative quarters and not been determined to be a recession.

However, the NBER has yet to call it a recession. But that time period did meet the long standing definition of a recession - consecutive quartes of economic decline.
It went by without notice by anyone even if it was close to a recession. I don't think it was:

• Haha
Reactions: jet812
It went by without notice by anyone even if it was close to a recession. I don't think it was:

That's fine. Then we change the long standing definition of a recession for the Biden administration. So Biden's policies helped get us into a shitty economy with high inflation that forced the Fed to raise rates, thus creating the worst bond market ever and an SP500 drop of over 18%. But as long we don't call 2 negative quarters a recession, then all is cool. Got it.

That's fine. Then we change the long standing definition of a recession for the Biden administration. So Biden's policies helped get us into a shitty economy with high inflation that forced the Fed to raise rates, thus creating the worst bond market ever and an SP500 drop of over 18%. But as long we don't call 2 negative quarters a recession, then all is cool. Got it.
I don't know why you'd say that as if I'm defending Biden. I'm not. You know by now that Presidents get way too much credit for good times and way too much blame for bad. They really have little to do with it.

I don't know why you'd say that as if I'm defending Biden. I'm not. You know by now that Presidents get way too much credit for good times and way too much blame for bad. They really have little to do with it.

I don’t think your defending Biden. I think you are just going along with the narrative. Yellen said it's not a recession. The media runs 100 stories about how it was not a recession because employment didn't drop. And everyone says, OK, not a recession.

And normally I would agree with you about Presidents. But Biden did 3 early specific actions: oil, border, and stimulus. I have posted several times articles and reports from the SF Fed contributing part of the inflationary environment on Biden policies.

I don’t think your defending Biden. I think you are just going along with the narrative. Yellen said it's not a recession. The media runs 100 stories about how it was not a recession because employment didn't drop. And everyone says, OK, not a recession.

And normally I would agree with you about Presidents. But Biden did 3 early specific actions: oil, border, and stimulus. I have posted several times articles and reports from the SF Fed contributing part of the inflationary environment on Biden policies.
Only Congress could pass the stimulus bill.

Who do you think set that agenda. Thank god for manchin then later losing the house.
Can't spend a dime without Congress. This is why the Republican Congress deserves more credit than Bill Clinton for the surpluses. They campaigned on it.

Can't spend a dime without Congress. This is why the Republican Congress deserves more credit than Bill Clinton for the surpluses. They campaigned on it.
So what he had a lefty congress and they went hog wild. Manchin put on the brakes then they lost the house so he couldn’t get across more of his “transformative” bs. And they attacked the shit out of him and sinema. Do you think it a coincidence that the temporal element of the mess he created is before losing the house. And things began to improve after he was cuffed? The president wields enormous power. They can set the menu congress orders from.

Last edited:
....SP500 drop of over 18%.
Link?

Google tells me that it's up 22% under Biden

Granted, some gains made in that remarkable first year recovery from COVID-45 were temporarily lost, but the 3 year gain is near historical averages.

-1x-1.png

Link?

Granted, some gains made in that remarkable first year recovery from COVID-45 were temporarily lost, but the 3 year gain is near historical averages.

-1x-1.png
There's a lot wrong with that chart.

Honestly my investments are at all time highs, which only happens if you simply keep paying in and leave it alone. When I saw that the market hit 40k, I was like, what? So had to go look. I had been watching my bottom line, but not the over all market.
Slowest damn climb over the last 6 months that I can recall (for my accounts I mean), and to hit 40k still has me wondering how my bottom line isn't 20% higher.

Link?

-1x-1.png

The discussion was about 2022. The SP500 was down over 18%. You should be able to google that info yourself.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT