ADVERTISEMENT

Did Trump just lose AZ?

You believe in what
Beliefs in general. I'm saying the reason Republicans seem to sabotage themselves is because they vote the way they believe - not what they think will win elections.

I'm not making a value judgement on the abortion debate - abortion doesn't affect me. I have my personal beliefs about it, but it's not high on my priority list. Just making an observation.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
This is how I know you know nothing about the current GOP. You’ve been delusional about Trump and what your party has turned into for the last several years. Just wait…. And once again, why don’t you address the people in your party who are trying to get abortion pill banned? Like Kari Lake, for example? There is no bigger policies for women than the rights to their own body.
Pardon me if I don’t take seriously what you say about Republicans.

Lake said today that the Az supremes decision needs to be legislatively corrected and she supports choice, but not the unlimited variety Biden and most Dems want. She seems more in favor of Roe v Wade. To that extent, you ought to accept victory and move on, but you won’t because the Democrats and the media need abortion as a political cudgel. in 2024 abortion will be driven by this need. Beyond that; it’s over babe.

Reactions: DANC
So we should vote against what we believe in? At least quite a few of us believe in?

Democrats do that, not Republicans. At least true Republicans.

Remember you said that the next time someone says Democrats are more unified and always vote as leadership demands.

Huh? That's exactly what I'm saying. Democrats do not vote their consciences like Republicans do. Democrats vote for whatever keeps them in power.
trump flag GIF

You're hilarious.

When is the last time you think Trump has gone to church? Delusional enough to think he has read the bible even though he can't even come up with a favorite verse? But he has no qualms with pretending to be religious and the Orange Jesus in order to get votes.

But yea, pubs don't do whatever it takes to keep them in power. Not at all.

He's said that crap over his entire career, not just as an old man.

I agree that his actions, as well as Trump's, speak. Let's not pretend that either one is a good choice because one sucks a little bit less than the other though.
Who is pretending either is a good choice? But one is a horrible choice and the other is a horrible choice and a horrible human.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory and DANC
Huh? That's exactly what I'm saying. Democrats do not vote their consciences like Republicans do. Democrats vote for whatever keeps them in power.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Oh my God. Hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Thanks, I needed that on this dreary day. I’m watching Curb, but this is even funnier than that!

A lot of the Fox pundits think Rubio. "Little Marco" would be an interesting choice.
No way. Would be like JFK picking LBJ if you know what I mean. Same for Tim Scott. Vance is getting a lot of mention.

No way. Would be like JFK picking LBJ if you know what I mean. Same for Tim Scott. Vance is getting a lot of mention.
I didn't say I cared for it. I just said it would be interesting. I don't know where the buzz is coming from, but it must be coming from somewhere.

I do NOT want Vance. He doesn't have the experience, nor does he have any of Trump's charisma - his personality is more like Richard Nixon. I like a lot of what he has to say, but he's humorless - I don't trust people like that.

I didn't say I cared for it. I just said it would be interesting. I don't know where the buzz is coming from, but it must be coming from somewhere.

I do NOT want Vance. He doesn't have the experience, nor does he have any of Trump's charisma - his personality is more like Richard Nixon. I like a lot of what he has to say, but he's humorless - I don't trust people like that.
I don't think anyone has a clue who he's going to pick. Tulsi makes the most sense from an electability standpoint if you trust her. She was a Dem for most of her life.

I don't think anyone has a clue who he's going to pick. Tulsi makes the most sense from an electability standpoint if you trust her. She was a Dem for most of her life.
Probably not. She's shown her true MAGA colors since she decided not to run for the House again. You have to say you're a Democrat to have a chance of getting elected in Hawaii for any office.

Man, I don't know about her.... It would sure make some news. One thing's for sure - she wouldn't be another Kamala.

What's her ancestry? Does she have Polynesian ancestry? She looks pretty Caucasian to me, but she's from Hawaii. I don't really know her background, other than she's in the military.

Heck, Trump was a Democrat. You're right - she may drag in some votes.

Man, I don't know about her.... It would sure make some news. One thing's for sure - she wouldn't be another Kamala.

What's her ancestry? Does she have Polynesian ancestry? She looks pretty Caucasian to me, but she's from Hawaii. I don't really know her background, other than she's in the military.

Heck, Trump was a Democrat. You're right - she may drag in some votes.
Born in American Samoa.

Was her mom or dad Caucasian?
From her Wikipedia page. Mom is from Indiana. Didn't know that.

"Gabbard was born on April 12, 1981, in Leloaloa, Maʻopūtasi County, on American Samoa's main island of Tutuila.[25][26] She was the fourth of five children born to Carol (née Porter) Gabbard and Mike Gabbard.[27] In 1983, when Gabbard was two years old, her family moved to Hawaii, where they had lived in the late 1970s.[28][29][30]

Gabbard has both European and Samoan ancestry,[31][32] and was raised in a multicultural household.[33] Her mother was born in Indiana and grew up in Michigan.[34] Her father was born in American Samoa and lived in Hawaii and Florida as a child;[35] he is of Samoan and European ancestry.[33] After moving to Hawaii,[28] Gabbard's mother became interested in Hinduism,[36][37] and gave Hindu names to all her children.[27] Gabbard's given name, "Tulasi" in Sanskrit, is the word for holy basil, regarded as an earthly manifestation of the Goddess Tulasi.[38]"

From her Wikipedia page. Mom is from Indiana. Didn't know that.

"Gabbard was born on April 12, 1981, in Leloaloa, Maʻopūtasi County, on American Samoa's main island of Tutuila.[25][26] She was the fourth of five children born to Carol (née Porter) Gabbard and Mike Gabbard.[27] In 1983, when Gabbard was two years old, her family moved to Hawaii, where they had lived in the late 1970s.[28][29][30]

Gabbard has both European and Samoan ancestry,[31][32] and was raised in a multicultural household.[33] Her mother was born in Indiana and grew up in Michigan.[34] Her father was born in American Samoa and lived in Hawaii and Florida as a child;[35] he is of Samoan and European ancestry.[33] After moving to Hawaii,[28] Gabbard's mother became interested in Hinduism,[36][37] and gave Hindu names to all her children.[27] Gabbard's given name, "Tulasi" in Sanskrit, is the word for holy basil, regarded as an earthly manifestation of the Goddess Tulasi.[38]"
Quite the interesting background!

Trouble is too many republicans have consciences akin to MTG and Bobert.

There ya go Dan, how's that for conservative. 😊

• Haha
My old gf was in his law school class. He’s a turd. Worked at broad and cassell bc the state session in fla is so short but he’s a lifelong politician. I don’t want any more of those
He won't be picked. This is just Trump putting his name out to help with fundraising from the neocons.

There's a workaround of sorts but I forget what it is. @TheOriginalHappyGoat set me straight on this some time back.
There isn't really a workaround. To do this, Florida votes for a different VP. That means Rubio might not win outright. That means the Senate (outgoing, Dem-led) votes for VP. So the only workaround is for one of them to change residency, or to win by enough that they don't need Florida.

Reactions: UncleMark
There isn't really a workaround. To do this, Florida votes for a different VP. That means Rubio might not win outright. That means the Senate (outgoing, Dem-led) votes for VP. So the only workaround is for one of them to change residency, or to win by enough that they don't need Florida.
Dick Cheney was still a resident of TX when picked. It's easy for Trump to change his residency to NV or NJ. But he's not picking anyone from FL.

Workaround was a poor word choice. Your explanation is what I was thinking but wasn't sure about. The Electors from the state in question can only vote for one of the home state candidates.

Workaround was a poor word choice. Your explanation is what I was thinking but wasn't sure about. The Electors from the state in question can only vote for one of the home state candidates.
They could vote for Rubio, and someone else as Prez, and kick the Prez vote to the House. Forgot to mention that alternative, which would be strategically smarter.

But it's so easy to change residency, so there's no reason to try any other shenanigans. Rubio just buys a small house in Virginia and says he's moving there. End of story.

They could vote for Rubio, and someone else as Prez, and kick the Prez vote to the House. Forgot to mention that alternative, which would be strategically smarter.

But it's so easy to change residency, so there's no reason to try any other shenanigans. Rubio just buys a small house in Virginia and says he's moving there. End of story.
I’m imagining some lawyer explaining all these rules and scenarios to Trump and him nodding his heed, contemplating all the options, then saying “great. Rubio. And neither of us is moving. What’s next! Alina? Come in here. When are these NY cases getting thrown out? Next month?! No, next week. Make it happen. And no more frills. Not your thing. Needs to be clean cut, more cleavage. And call those judges pedopholes or something. We need to get some howls going from my base.”

I’m imagining some lawyer explaining all these rules and scenarios to Trump and him nodding his heed, contemplating all the options, then saying “great. Rubio. And neither of us is moving. What’s next! Alina? Come in here. When are these NY cases getting thrown out? Next month?! No, next week. Make it happen. And no more frills. Not your thing. Needs to be clean cut, more cleavage. And call those judges pedopholes or something. We need to get some howls going from my base.”
watch the video in the trial thread where he says i don't get to go to my son's graduation. lol

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
And don’t forget, Charlie Kirk says even birth control messes with women’s brains. Lol
Birth control, like any medication, affects different people differently. I’ve seen it completely scramble some girls brains and make them hormonal monsters.

Other girls it’s like taking an advil.

I would say over all it’s probably been a net negative on society.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT