ADVERTISEMENT

Did Trump just lose AZ?

“Poor kids are just as bright as white kids”
He's been a train wreck of dumb comments before any of the cognitive decline was being discussed.

I find it hilarious that someone would actually state that their guy hasn't said anything racist in 30 years like it's a badge of honor. Even if it would have been true, it's like being the tallest midget or the least psycho attendee at the psychopath conference.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
He's been a train wreck of dumb comments before any of the cognitive decline was being discussed.

I find it hilarious that someone would actually state that their guy hasn't said anything racist in 30 years like it's a badge of honor. Even if it would have been true, it's like being the tallest midget or the least psycho attendee at the psychopath conference.
Or like the Ex sending you pictures of her and the kid every day?

This is how I know you are delusional. A moron can see abortion will soon be a moot issue while you desperately try to keep it viable. It will soon be over honey. The GOP is not taking away women’s rights. Who knows, maybe liberal women will be forced to focus on bigger policy issues.
This is how I know you know nothing about the current GOP. You’ve been delusional about Trump and what your party has turned into for the last several years. Just wait…. And once again, why don’t you address the people in your party who are trying to get abortion pill banned? Like Kari Lake, for example? There is no bigger policies for women than the rights to their own body.

You are desperate to keep abortion an important part of the 2024 presidential election, I get that. Trump just castrated your argument. Voters don’t give a shit about constitutional intricacies you cited.
That’s cute you believe Trump’s statement and that he has any convictions about anything. And that it makes a difference. Talk about delusional.

On Jan. 31, 2007, then-U.S. Sen. Biden filed paperwork to launch his campaign for president. On the same day, in remarks made that were audio-recorded by the New York Observer, Biden said of his fellow Democratic candidate, Obama, "I mean, you got the first sort of mainstream African-American." An unidentified reporter responded, "Yeah." Biden continued, "... who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man."

In 2010, MSNBC's Rachel Maddow replayed the sound of Biden's remark on "The Rachel Maddow Show." She also presented another gaffe in which Biden had once said, "You cannot go to a 7/11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking."

He’s an old man.. His actions speak, as do Trump’s.

But COH says it’s a done deal, it’s over, no worries. Now THAT ‘s delusion.

And don’t forget, Charlie Kirk says even birth control messes with women’s brains. Lol

He’s an old man.. His actions speak, as do Trump’s.
He's said that crap over his entire career, not just as an old man.

I agree that his actions, as well as Trump's, speak. Let's not pretend that either one is a good choice because one sucks a little bit less than the other though.

Reactions: DANC
Are they, though? It seems to me that the pro-life movement worked within the democratic system, for the most part, to persuade and strategize politically. They debate in good faith on issues if you let them. I don't see them automatically labeling those against them as ant -ist or a -phobe, but maybe I've missed it. That is, pro-lifers seem to fit into the liberal democratic mode.

Remember that quote you put up from Megan McArdle? I think that was both true and a key differentiating factor. It shows the identitarian social-justice movement (woke, if you like) has an illiberal mindset. They think democracy is a ruse, and that power is all there is.

Note, I am broadly sympathetic to some of the ultimate goals of the anti-racists and trans-activists and conflicted about the goals of the pro-life movement. Here, I'm just talking about the means they used or tried to use to achieve their goals, and their mindset w/r/t debate, persuasion, and democracy. For me, I think the ISJ movement is harming the cause long-term, not helping it.
Don't want to get in a huge argument, but I'd say you seem to forget the violent wing of the pro-life movement. Not sure assasinating doctors and bombing health clinics actually fits within the parameters of working within the democratic system framework...

I'm not aware of any instances where a group of doctors who provide abortion services banded together and marched down the street promoting chaos and attacking people trying to enter medical centers which don't provide the services they offer. Are there instances of doctors being shot for refusing to perform an abortion?

I guess I take issue with your reference to "for the most part" because I believe large swaths of violent acts within the anti-abortion movement resulted from people who were egged on by extremist legislators, pastors, and public figures within that community. They were told they were doing "God's work" and some of them went out and murdered people as a result.

There are numerous examples in just this current century like the murder of George Tiller in 2009. From 1977 until May 2023 there were 11 murders, 42 bombings,200 arsons, 531 assaults as well as hundreds of burglaries and clinic invasions perpretrated by nut cases vs abortion providers/clinics. During the 1990s many of these attacks were conducted under the auspices of a group called Rescue America.

On March 10,1993 3 days after attending a RA "prayer vigil" a man named Michael Griffin fatally shot a Pensacola physician (Dr David Gunn) shooting him 3 times in the back while Gunn was exiting his car in the parking lot. A woman named Rachelle Shannon started to communicate with Griffin (who she regarded as a hero) while he was in jail, and at some point she went out and attempted to murder 2 doctors in Wichita.

Her victims survived, but a man named Paul Hill who had publicly referred to Gunn's death as "justifiable homicide" on the Donahue show attended her trial to show solidarity. A year or so after Gunn's murder, this same Paul Hill killed two doctors in Pensacola.

I guess my point is that for a movement which characterized itself as "pro-life" they certainly left a wide degree of violence in their wake. And not a single one of the folks who engaged in this violence did so to protect their own life or even the life of someone within their circle. It was all based on dogma which in their minds justified them to utilize whatever means they deemed necessary in furtherance of their own goals...

• Haha
Don't want to get in a huge argument, but I'd say you seem to forget the violent wing of the pro-life movement. Not sure assasinating doctors and bombing health clinics actually fits within the parameters of working within the democratic system framework...

I'm not aware of any instances where a group of doctors who provide abortion services banded together and marched down the street promoting chaos and attacking people trying to enter medical centers which don't provide the services they offer. Are there instances of doctors being shot for refusing to perform an abortion?

I guess I take issue with your reference to "for the most part" because I believe large swaths of violent acts within the anti-abortion movement resulted from people who were egged on by extremist legislators, pastors, and public figures within that community. They were told they were doing "God's work" and some of them went out and murdered people as a result.

There are numerous examples in just this current century like the murder of George Tiller in 2009. From 1977 until May 2023 there were 11 murders, 42 bombings,200 arsons, 531 assaults as well as hundreds of burglaries and clinic invasions perpretrated by nut cases vs abortion providers/clinics. During the 1990s many of these attacks were conducted under the auspices of a group called Rescue America.

On March 10,1993 3 days after attending a RA "prayer vigil" a man named Michael Griffin fatally shot a Pensacola physician (Dr David Gunn) shooting him 3 times in the back while Gunn was exiting his car in the parking lot. A woman named Rachelle Shannon started to communicate with Griffin (who she regarded as a hero) while he was in jail, and at some point she went out and attempted to murder 2 doctors in Wichita.

Her victims survived, but a man named Paul Hill who had publicly referred to Gunn's death as "justifiable homicide" on the Donahue show attended her trial to show solidarity. A year or so after Gunn's murder, this same Paul Hill killed two doctors in Pensacola.

I guess my point is that for a movement which characterized itself as "pro-life" they certainly left a wide degree of violence in their wake. And not a single one of the folks who engaged in this violence did so to protect their own life or even the life of someone within their circle. It was all based on dogma which in their minds justified them to utilize whatever means they deemed necessary in furtherance of their own goals...
No, of course the incidents you mention do not count as working within a liberal order. Good points, all.

I don't recall a wide swath of the pro-life movement supporting or excusing these acts of violence. Maybe I just am ignorant of the extent of this violence. But the numbers you provided, while too much (I wouldn't accept one act of violence or mayhem), over a 45 year period, wouldn't qualify as a "large swaths of violence" to me.

Sorry Bennie... The way you win elections is getting more votes...

Atlanta you say? GA you say?

200,000 Blacks voted on primary day in GA on March 12th. Of those 200,000 95% requested Dem ballots, which means at most 5% requested GOP ballots...

Keep trying to tell you guys that polls which include a small sample size of Black voters within the much larger context of non_Black voters are not really representative of "Black voters".The 30 or 40 people in a Chik Fil A, some of whom are Black is not representative of anything other than Trump would win that Chik Fil A's vote...

What are representative is what polls/focus grous of ONLY Black voters say, and the folks conducting those types of polls aren't seeing any radical shift. And if 200,000 Black voters show up on Primary Day in GA, have to declare which party's ballot they want to cast their vote on and NINETY FIVE % of those 200,000 request a Dem ballot that would seem to be pretty indicative of BAU with actual Black voters...

Of course it's nowhere near as indicative of polls of 500 people where 150 are Black, or a crowd in a Chik Fil A. But still 95% of a group of 200,000 is pretty decisive...

I don't recall a wide swath of the pro-life movement supporting or excusing these acts of violence. Maybe I just am ignorant of the extent of this violence. But the numbers you provided, while too much (I wouldn't accept one act of violence or mayhem), over a 45 year period, wouldn't qualify as a "large swaths of violence" to me.

Not the same, but in the 90s a day didn't go by when a clinic wasn't vandalized or barricaded or people assaulted or intimidated or harassed. Remember "sidewalk counselors"? Shit was ugly.

Not the same, but in the 90s a day didn't go by when a clinic wasn't vandalized or barricaded or people assaulted or intimidated or harassed. Remember "sidewalk counselors"? Shit was ugly.
I wasn’t paying attention to that. I need to read some history on this. Or find some pods that cover it.

This is how I know you are delusional. A moron can see abortion will soon be a moot issue while you desperately try to keep it viable. It will soon be over honey. The GOP is not taking away women’s rights. Who knows, maybe liberal women will be forced to focus on bigger policy issues.
It's like you don't know that video/audio exists and the Biden campaign has tons of money to amplify the GOP's anti-abortion stance? And you don't think that Trump's "leaving it up to the states" is going to bring to mind FL,AZ and Texas? There's already an ad running in Texas featuring the housewife that was at the SOU who had to flee the state to obtain her lifesaving care...

Must be the lack of abortion as a viable electoral issue that has all of these AZ Pubs breathlessly racing to denounce the very same law they enthusiastically endorsed 2 yrs ago...

I wasn’t paying attention to that. I need to read some history on this. Or find some pods that cover it.
This might be a pretty good starting point... Remember Eric Rudolph the bomber who attacked the '96 Olympics in Atlanta was acting to "punish" the US over abortion. He killed one lady and injured over 100 others, before running off into the woods an playing hide and seek with the FBI...

There were worse fights, intimidation and harassing behavior over cabbage patch dolls

Pro life Karen's outside abortion clinics was about as common as giant crosses next to adult world.

Got to witness firsthand a couple of lovely ladies protesting a clinic in Louisville a decade ago. Bet they would have been well behaved if some lady actually had to go in to the clinic.

Kermit Barron Gosnell

But COH says it’s a done deal, it’s over, no worries. Now THAT ‘s delusion.
Lol.

It’s over.

That’s cute you believe Trump’s statement and that he has any convictions about anything. And that it makes a difference. Talk about delusional.
Maybe you think Biden’s position that he will codify Roe v Wade is serious? In Biden’s mind maybe. Trump got this one exactly correct.

Are you nuts. Coh pulling up in his air cooled classic Porsche. Shotgun door opens I’m In lululemon pants that are my size instead of sizing up (you know why). Game over
Sorry for my mistake when I slammed it into 2nd gear. Primordial scream from my Porsche was a new one.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
He is engaged in quite a bit of sensationalism. "Sidewalk counselors"?, the horror. Vandalism? Pssh, that was mostly peaceful protesting. There was more damage done in one summer in 2020 than 45 years of abortion "terrorism" and people like cosmic downplayed all of it.

Anti-abortionists have been extremely peaceful given their beliefs around abortion.

He is engaged in quite a bit of sensationalism. "Sidewalk counselors"?, the horror. Vandalism? Pssh, that was mostly peaceful protesting. There was more damage done in one summer in 2020 than 45 years of abortion "terrorism" and people like cosmic downplayed all of it.

Anti-abortionists have been extremely peaceful given their beliefs around abortion.
That’s what I had thought.

So if you believe something really, really, really strongly then vandalism, harassment, etc is perfectly ok....I mean as long as you feel strongly about it.

And no one defended the rioting during the summer of 2020. But I guess you must have thought it was fine since they felt strongly about it.

WE republicans lose elections because the tone-deaf morons in our party talk about abortion bans and Bibly mumbo jumbo despite the fact that it costs us a ton of female votes.

If you like Woke, keep banning abortions of all terms. By all means.
So we should vote against what we believe in? At least quite a few of us believe in?

Democrats do that, not Republicans. At least true Republicans.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Great strategy! Just count on independent women in AZ to go to the polls and say, "Hey, I don't like what my state is doing with abortion, but I'm going to vote for the GOP candidate for President, anyway."
You seem to believe 'Republicans' have banned, or are planning to ban, all abortions everywhere.

The SC ruled it's a state issue, not Federal. I don't know why it would affect Trump's standing - he's got nothing to do with it.

Those are peaks and valleys. We haven’t “won” an election since Trump. We won elections while Obama was president. We took back the house and kept them from controlling the government for 10 years - until Trump ruined the party.
We won those elections because the Dems **** things up all the time. It's not because we won some kind of philosophical argument. Except for the New Gingrich Contract With America.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT