ADVERTISEMENT

Desantis cost Florida a billion dollars to get even with Disney

So he is the dems version of Trump, at least when it comes to illegal use of campaign contributions. Sounds like some swamp draining is in order

Even if Gillum doesn't quit politics, I expect he wouldn't win office again.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
What is wrong with a “my prince will come” attitude? The love, happiness and romance that thought implies sure beats the hell out of anxiety, depression, and loneliness so prevalent today. among those “independent“ people. The world would be a better place with more hope, happiness, and romance, not less.
Perhaps because we shouldn't be indoctrinating girls into thinking that their life is less meaningful if they don't find that perfect guy that is going to someday enter their life and make all their problems go away? You don't think that girls have anxiety spending significant amounts of time trying to look thinner, apply make-up, put every hair in its proper place, trying to make the impossible attempt to mimic a genetically fortunate super-model currently plastered across a magazine cover dictating what society finds appealing, all of which for the sole purpose of making sure that, one day, when that Prince Charming finally walks into her life, she can make sure that he will notice her and not blech in reaction?

Last edited:
Perhaps because we shouldn't be indoctrinating girls into thinking that their life is less meaningful if they don't find that perfect guy that is going to someday enter their life and make all their problems go away? You don't think that girls have anxiety spending significant amounts of time trying to look thinner, apply make-up, put every hair in its proper place, trying to make the impossible attempt to mimic a genetically fortunate super-model currently plastered across a magazine cover dictating what society finds appealing, all of which for the sole purpose of making sure that, one day, when that Prince Charming finally walks into her life, she can make sure that he will notice her and not blech in reaction.
That’s a hell of a sentence. Remember that girl making certain every hair is in place wants a guy who makes X amount, pays for her Mercedes suv, and doesn’t go bald or she’ll start scrolling her ig for something better. Cuts both ways….

#blacademic

That’s a hell of a sentence. Remember that girl making certain every hair is in place wants a guy who makes X amount, pays for her Mercedes suv, and doesn’t go bald or she’ll start scrolling her ig for something better. Cuts both ways….

#blacademic
Remember one of the most important things in life….
Every pot has a lid

Teach your daughters to value an education, seek a fulfilling career, stand up for themselves, and control their own futures, rather than waiting for some Prince Charming to come in and sweep them off their feet.

Reactions: zeke4ahs

#blacademic
Yeah, I almost threw a "Wow, that's the longest run-on sentence I think I have ever posted here" note on the end.

And your point actually supports my thinking. There is alot of pressure by society to be that perfect candidate for love, for both men and women, all in some ideal notion that happiness can only be achieved through love and marriage.

I see nothing wrong with promoting the message that you don't have to sit around waiting for Mr / Mrs Right to walk into your life. Go out and live your life. You might find someone along the way to share it with, but the goal is the journey, not the destination.

Teach your daughters to value an education, seek a fulfilling career, stand up for themselves, and control their own futures, rather than waiting for some Prince Charming to come in and sweep them off their feet.
Perhaps because we shouldn't be indoctrinating girls into thinking that their life is less meaningful if they don't find that perfect guy that is going to someday enter their life and make all their problems go away? You don't think that girls have anxiety spending significant amounts of time trying to look thinner, apply make-up, put every hair in its proper place, trying to make the impossible attempt to mimic a genetically fortunate super-model currently plastered across a magazine cover dictating what society finds appealing, all of which for the sole purpose of making sure that, one day, when that Prince Charming finally walks into her life, she can make sure that he will notice her and not blech in reaction?
A fulfilling career and standing up for oneself is not incompatible with a prince charming attitude.There is no either/or here.

Dozens of studies show that human beings in committed life-long relationships are mentally and physically healthier and are more financially secure than others.

Both of you take the Prince Charming thing way too literally and way to negatively.

Wow, really cool did you type that up to show to some ugly liberal woman hoping to get laid tonight?

Disney is suing.

I still haven't stayed at a Holiday Inn, so I don't know if this will go anywhere, but my uneducated brain tells me this will be a battle of the heavyweights.

Disney is suing.

I still haven't stayed at a Holiday Inn, so I don't know if this will go anywhere, but my uneducated brain tells me this will be a battle of the heavyweights.

It will be interesting. I have heard it said that Disney has really good lawyers, and they planned all this. It is difficult to imagine they didn't cross their Is and dot their Ts. That doesn't mean they will win, just that they should have a legitimate shot.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
It will be interesting. I have heard it said that Disney has really good lawyers, and they planned all this. It is difficult to imagine they didn't cross their Is and dot their Ts. That doesn't mean they will win, just that they should have a legitimate shot.
I think Meatball Ron vs Iger is like a minor league squad squaring off against a major league roster,but that's just my opinion...

However, the facts would seem to say that on the surface at least the initial decision seems likely to go Disney's way. Mark Walker will hear the case and in previous decisions he has shown himself to not be a fan of Ron's attempts to undermine the First Amendment.

Ron was eventually able to get his Don't Say Gay bill implemented as it moved thru the appellate process into more pro-Desantis territory, but not before Walker had referred to it as "Dystopian" and initially blocked it on Constitutional grounds...

But I wonder how much of an appetite FL Pubs are going to have to push what essentially appears to be Ron's private vendetta, if Disney is initially successful? Especially since many of them have seemed to be tired of this nonsense already, and Iger has many friends among FL lawmakers...

Interesting that this local news channel "legal expert" sees excerpts from Ron's own book as favorable to Disney's claims...

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
Examples?
According to us news fla is ranked #10. They claim to measure “thousands of data points” to assess how well a state performs for its citizens. Other board notables. Missouri 28. Illinois 30. Indiana 32

Yes people are moving to Fla in droves. Hopefully they won't vote in kind with the blue state taxes and policies they left behind.

I hate all the woke shit but Desantis' war against it just adds fuel to the fire imo. He's the opposite side of it, and not in a good way.

The Disney issue isn't spawned by anything other than retaliation to wokeness. The good of Fla residents had nothing to do with it. It's pandering.

I would vote for DeSantis but he's not what the country needs. He'll just incite other groups. I'm hoping someone better emerges
So we’re supposed to bow to this nutty stuff?

This is going to shock you. The local high schools send many kids to my office if they’re considering an accounting career. I tell every girl: go to college, get your degree, get a job, save your money, become financially independent and when in your thirties if interested start looking for a relationship.

California's economy is taking Germany's place as the 4th largest in the world.

It's a no lose situation. This is the largest state in the US that has all these advantages. Great weather, long coastline, size of state, population, huge agricultural land areas. Alaska, Montana, and Texas have some but not all these advantages.

It's a no lose situation. This is the largest state in the US that has all these advantages. Great weather, long coastline, size of state, population, huge agricultural land areas. Alaska, Montana, and Texas have some but not all these advantages.
I thought Texas was so well off that they were thinking of becoming their own country.

By the way, you left out issues with lack of water in mentioning how easy California has it ;)

That’s not governance. It’s baked in. If anything one could argue the state shouldn’t be losing people, housing more affordable, cities not facing things like Whole Foods leaving sf etc. . Guns germs and steel. Fla share many of the same advantages

I thought Texas was so well off that they were thinking of becoming their own country.

By the way, you left out issues with lack of water in mentioning how easy California has it ;)
Well here is Victor Davis Hanson (Stanford professor whose family has lived in the area for generations) take on that. I can also provide a video from this year if you would like to hear it from VDH about this continuing problem.

• Haha
Reactions: Bowlmania
Well here is Victor Davis Hanson (Stanford professor whose family has lived in the area for generations) take on that.
The leftists on this board do not take kindly to VDH.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT