ADVERTISEMENT

delete Fu @morrisson

Did you need a cart to carry that perspective?

giphy.gif
Hand basket.

• Haha
Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
Ok but that’s silly. It’s two different things. Thats like saying a team of ten year olds aren’t champions because they can’t beat the high school team.

I wouldn't watch 10 year olds unless it was my kid playing though.

This may surprise you but not everyone in the world agrees with your definition of good basketball. If you enjoy it, great but apparently others don't share that opinion. Some people think NASCAR is great racing but others think it's lousy. Some people love to watch golf but personally I'd just as soon watch paint dry.
Anybody can drive around an oval track and crash. Road racing is far superior. NASCAR should just fade away. So, you’re right on this one part of your rant.

But hush your mouth about golf and other sports. The pros are so much better than the ordinary golfer as to make it practically a different endeavor. Same with the NBA or tennis pros, for example. They are miles beyond the average person. Watch some golf and marvel at the super abilities of the pros. So, even though I’ve watched some exciting paint-drying competitions, don’t knock golf as it’s equivalent.

Anybody can drive around an oval track and crash. Road racing is far superior. NASCAR should just fade away. So, you’re right on this one part of your rant.

But hush your mouth about golf and other sports. The pros are so much better than the ordinary golfer as to make it practically a different endeavor. Same with the NBA or tennis pros, for example. They are miles beyond the average person. Watch some golf and marvel at the super abilities of the pros. So, even though I’ve watched some exciting paint-drying competitions, don’t knock golf as it’s equivalent.
I'm not knocking golf.... each to his/her own. I just don't think it's much fun to watch. I don't watch much racing either but I understand some people really like it... again each to their own. I used to go to some of the Can-Am (or whatever it was called) when they were taking place.

But to say definitively it’s not good basketball is the issue.
Again it depends on your definition of "good". Apparently it doesn't align with JDB's definition of good. I used to watch TN play sometimes when they had good teams. While it was entertaining I didn't think it was near as good as watching the men play.

And that’s fine. But to say definitively it’s not good basketball is the issue. And it’s obvious some people don’t watch, just form their opinions on the past.
I know where they are coming from, based on past womens BBall. I was in agreement in the past. It may have been fun for someone to watch, but the speed, the tactics, the execution and the athleticism just didn't impress me, therefore it wasn't enjoyable.
All of that is not the product I see on the floor today in many women's BBall games. It is still a tad bit slower, but not by much. I enjoy watching many of the womens games now. The product on the floor has changed over the years.
It doesn't mean that the earlier women weren't "good" comparatively to other women, it just means that the product wasn't enjoyable to those who had an eye trained by watching 18-22 yo boys...
Notice it's easy for me to call 18-22 yo girls women, but hard to say 18-22 yo boys are men. To me there is a difference no matter how bat shit crazy women are. :)

I know where they are coming from, based on past womens BBall. I was in agreement in the past. It may have been fun for someone to watch, but the speed, the tactics, the execution and the athleticism just didn't impress me, therefore it wasn't enjoyable.
All of that is not the product I see on the floor today in many women's BBall games. It is still a tad bit slower, but not by much. I enjoy watching many of the womens games now. The product on the floor has changed over the years.
It doesn't mean that the earlier women weren't "good" comparatively to other women, it just means that the product wasn't enjoyable to those who had an eye trained by watching 18-22 yo boys...
Notice it's easy for me to call 18-22 yo girls women, but hard to say 18-22 yo boys are men. To me there is a difference no matter how bat shit crazy women are. :)
I think that first clip is from 2019, so . . .

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
And that’s fine. But to say definitively it’s not good basketball is the issue. And it’s obvious some people don’t watch, just form their opinions on the past.
WBB can be very entertaining whether you think it to be as good as MBB. They are different but both fun to watch.

I just hope WBB can get some spine into the refs and not allow a couple of superstars to get in their faces and intimidate them

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT