ADVERTISEMENT

delete Fu @morrisson

It was a solid post.

somehow-i-doubt-that.gif

Women on BTN vs Rutgers
Mls final in Columbus is on. I remember when they scrimmaged at Dublin high school. Then moved to the horseshoe with 90 percent of the stadium tarped off. Now in a sold out beautiful soccer specific stadium on national tv.

Reactions: larsIU
I went to a couple Fever games for the first time ever this year to see Grace. And now that the Fever have the first pick, they will likely have Caitlin Clark next year. That’sgoing to be huge.

Well that’s an opinion. Not a good one, but an opinion. Women’s tourney last year was better than many of the men’s games.

Of course it is an opinion. But, that opinion is supported by fact - the top women's teams are not top teams in whatever sport they are measured in.

Well that's an opinion. Not a good one, but an opinion.
How many women’s games did you watch? How many times have you seen Caitlin Clark play? Anyone that enjoyed the San Diego State vs UConn game more than the Iowa vs SC , for example, may not know what good basketball looks like.

Color me stunned that you ( and some of the others ) don’t like women’s basketball. They should be in the kitchen fixin you dinner, right? Not playing that game that should be left for the manly men, like you.

And for the record, I thought women’s basketball was pretty bad until about 10 years ago and wasn’t interested. The skill level has changed dramatically, as evidenced by the 102-85 final game last year. It drew a record over 9 million viewers, the highest of any basketball game ever, men or women, on ESPN. IU this year hasn’t been as good as last year’s team, but have still been pretty decent.

Reactions: UncleMark
How many women’s games did you watch? How many times have you seen Caitlin Clark play? Anyone that enjoyed the San Diego State vs UConn game more than the Iowa vs SC , for example, may not know what good basketball looks like.
This may surprise you but not everyone in the world agrees with your definition of good basketball. If you enjoy it, great but apparently others don't share that opinion. Some people think NASCAR is great racing but others think it's lousy. Some people love to watch golf but personally I'd just as soon watch paint dry.

You know how I know IU basketball sucks?

We're arguing for real about women's basketball on this forum.

Go IU (regardless).

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
This may surprise you but not everyone in the world agrees with your definition of good basketball. If you enjoy it, great but apparently others don't share that opinion. Some people think NASCAR is great racing but others think it's lousy. Some people love to watch golf but personally I'd just as soon watch paint dry.
And that’s fine. But to say definitively it’s not good basketball is the issue. And it’s obvious some people don’t watch, just form their opinions on the past.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT