ADVERTISEMENT

Contagion on this Board

So what would make you happy? Getting Alford in as a basketball coach and blowing up the football program? Getting Fred Glass a one way ticket out of town? You are a miserbale prick and should be treated as such.
Alford has nothing to do with the discussion and Glass is way over his head, as has been shown on numerous occasions. As for you, I don't remember seeing you here, which is likely due to your inability to discuss football intelligently. At least you're wise enough to realize that. Good boy.

I personally enjoy having different perspectives. Unfortunately there is one cancer on the board that most have on ignore at this point due to his know it all attitude, personal attacks, and often plagerized technical commentary on the game.
And, as that cancer that you are, you should leave.

If our anemic running game that was obvious against a very weak team doesn't throw up a red flag then you are just a homer fan. The o-line is so poor that I doubt any rb would have success running behind them. The D was good today but how can you gauge the level of play when your opponent is as bad as CSU?
This was a feel good game for the homers and for those that look into it deeper than the cheerleader types on here do, it was obvious that huge improvements are necessary to compete in the B1G.

Last week IU held Barkley to 56 yards rushing on 20 carries and Penn State to 39. Should Penn State replace their entire offensive line?

Reactions: IUgradman
Wait, what? I was with you until the last paragraph. Why exactly can we not talk about advanced statistics about IU football on an IU football board?
Possibly a non-well executed late night reply of frustration to the arrogance & condescending tone of the (usually negative posters) that start with something along lines of “you may not have played the game” or “having coached for years” or “as a fan for over 40 years, or how long have you followed Team” type posts that are so lame.

I will restate that I like any good insightful post about the team, strategy, areas to improve upon and I like to see puntjounpunt stats as well.

I just can’t get the “Fire Glass, where is Wilson” stuff at all- live in the present. I think Allen doing a great job 5 whole games into year 1, and yes we ultimately got spanked by OSU & PSU, but the defense was respectable and think allows IU to potentially hang with and even beat any remaining team we play.

Of course offense has questions. I for one wasn’t sure about Hiller hire as Oline coach, but I’m also aware not one Senior in the bunch, see they do have size and think signs of improvement are there, so giving him year before judging.

Ramsey is NOT Dobbs yet (as someone inferred) but can see the QB son smarts in him, he seems quite accurate in the sub-20 yard pass game, does have good mobility with a winners attitude.

We are fairly rested after yesterday, hopefully will get a few guys back who’ve been out (Hale?) and after UM lost at home, think we have a great shot to pull an upset next week.

And candidly, MSU appears back to closer to normal, bet benefited greatly from horrible QB play, the rain and still almost lost when I thought they should have been up 21 with all those picks. So yes, IU could play them well in Lansing too!

That’s not delusional happy talk, it’s just pointing out the positives based on facts that IU has young talent, a fairly good defense and now a starting QB to gel around (and maybe the UVA win was better than thought) so why not be optimistic about rest of the season.

THAT is/was my sole beef. Why focus on the negative, who’s not here or how bad things are vs what may be possible in the present?

But insightful analysis or constructive criticism or questions about game decisions are of course expected on this board.

Reactions: Thomtar
We ran for like 190 yards last week against Penn State and allowed 1 sack. We held out a couple of OL yesterday and shuffled the entire right side of our line. The defense has been good for a year and a half.

Does CSU suck? Yes. But you seem genuinely upset that we won the game. We haven't shut anyone out in 24 years, and that includes several FCS teams. We dominated like we were supposed to, and Ramsey did pretty much anything he wanted until the monsoon started.
Anything less than a blowout against CSU would be disappointing, sorry I'm not jumping up and down waving pom poms like you and others on here. You're the leader here of the unicorn and rainbows brigade that takes it personal when IU's weaknesses are pointed out. IU did nothing yesterday that they shouldn't have done and didn't do anything exceptional which "you seem genuinely" willing to accept as a season of mediocrity and goal of 6-6.

We ran for like 190 yards last week against Penn State and allowed 1 sack. We held out a couple of OL yesterday and shuffled the entire right side of our line. The defense has been good for a year and a half.

Does CSU suck? Yes. But you seem genuinely upset that we won the game. We haven't shut anyone out in 24 years, and that includes several FCS teams. We dominated like we were supposed to, and Ramsey did pretty much anything he wanted until the monsoon started.
You make some good points.

You gotta love the people who come here and present themselves as champions of facts, truth and objectivity when it seems like, in most cases, their sole intent is to sh*t on the enthusiasm of the IU fans (and, last I checked, this is an IU forum) on the board.

I'm a homer and I make no apologies for that. That said, I can still recognize that this team is a work in progress. I commented in more than one thread over the summer that there were legitimate concerns at QB and the OL, and I don't remember any of us "homers" predicting a Big Ten championship. Turnovers and lack of takeaways remain an issue, and I'm still haunted by special teams play in the PSU game.

But back to the champions of truth and objectivity. They seem unwilling to acknowledge that there are legitimate, objective reasons for optimism. First and foremost, we have a defense. We've seen objective evidence of that for a year now and, as you said, yesterday we pitched our first shutout since 1993. Of course, the champions of truth will quickly point out that the shutout was against an FCS team. It was only two years ago, though, when an FCS team hung 47 points on us (and were a missed two-point conversion from beating us). Some of these same people love to point out that our defense was just 9th in the Big Ten last year, while conveniently ignoring objective evidence that IU fielded the most dramatically improved defense in the country.

There was a lot about yesterday that wasn't pretty, but we won handily. We finally seem to be able to beat all of the teams we're supposed to beat, unlike the not-too-distant past when we'd lose to teams like Ball State and Bowling Green and struggle to get by an opponent like Southern Illinois. We're halfway to bowl eligibility, and have a chance to win several of our remaining games. I'm still going with 7-5 and a good bowl game in December. Go Hoosiers!!!!

You make some good points.

You gotta love the people who come here and present themselves as champions of facts, truth and objectivity when it seems like, in most cases, their sole intent is to sh*t on the enthusiasm of the IU fans (and, last I checked, this is an IU forum) on the board.

I'm a homer and I make no apologies for that. That said, I can still recognize that this team is a work in progress. I commented in more than one thread over the summer that there were legitimate concerns at QB and the OL, and I don't remember any of us "homers" predicting a Big Ten championship. Turnovers and lack of takeaways remain an issue, and I'm still haunted by special teams play in the PSU game.

But back to the champions of truth and objectivity. They seem unwilling to acknowledge that there are legitimate, objective reasons for optimism. First and foremost, we have a defense. We've seen objective evidence of that for a year now and, as you said, yesterday we pitched our first shutout since 1993. Of course, the champions of truth will quickly point out that the shutout was against a FCS team. It was only two years, though, when an FCS team hung 47 points on us (and were a missed two-point conversion from beating us). Some of these same people love to point out that our defense was just 9th in the Big Ten last year, while conveniently ignoring objective evidence that IU fielded the most dramatically improved defense in the country.

There was a lot about yesterday that wasn't pretty, but we won handily. We finally seem to be able to beat all of the teams we're supposed to beat, unlike the not-too-distant past when we'd lose to teams like Ball State and Bowling Green and struggle to get by an opponent like Southern Illinois. We're halfway to bowl eligibility, and have a chance to win several of our remaining games. I'm still going with 7-5 and a good bowl game in December. Go Hoosiers!!!!
You also proclaimed that, in spite of last year's rank as the 9th best defense in the Big Ten, that this year's edition would be a top 25 in the nation unit. No offense, but those of us actually concerned with the truth didn't see that incredibly optimistic assessment as being remotely realistic.

Possibly a non-well executed late night reply of frustration to the arrogance & condescending tone of the (usually negative posters) that start with something along lines of “you may not have played the game” or “having coached for years” or “as a fan for over 40 years, or how long have you followed Team” type posts that are so lame.

I will restate that I like any good insightful post about the team, strategy, areas to improve upon and I like to see puntjounpunt stats as well.

I just can’t get the “Fire Glass, where is Wilson” stuff at all- live in the present. I think Allen doing a great job 5 whole games into year 1, and yes we ultimately got spanked by OSU & PSU, but the defense was respectable and think allows IU to potentially hang with and even beat any remaining team we play.

Of course offense has questions. I for one wasn’t sure about Hiller hire as Oline coach, but I’m also aware not one Senior in the bunch, see they do have size and think signs of improvement are there, so giving him year before judging.

Ramsey is NOT Dobbs yet (as someone inferred) but can see the QB son smarts in him, he seems quite accurate in the sub-20 yard pass game, does have good mobility with a winners attitude.

We are fairly rested after yesterday, hopefully will get a few guys back who’ve been out (Hale?) and after UM lost at home, think we have a great shot to pull an upset next week.

And candidly, MSU appears back to closer to normal, bet benefited greatly from horrible QB play, the rain and still almost lost when I thought they should have been up 21 with all those picks. So yes, IU could play them well in Lansing too!

That’s not delusional happy talk, it’s just pointing out the positives based on facts that IU has young talent, a fairly good defense and now a starting QB to gel around (and maybe the UVA win was better than thought) so why not be optimistic about rest of the season.

THAT is/was my sole beef. Why focus on the negative, who’s not here or how bad things are vs what may be possible in the present?

But insightful analysis or constructive criticism or questions about game decisions are of course expected on this board.

When I begin a post by noting my limitations, it's my way of saying, "I have a thought, but I know I could be wrong ..." and I am hoping to block any name-calling responses in the hopes of encouraging responses focused on the merits or lack thereof behind the idea I present in my post.
I'll probably continue doing that so, Indy, you'll want to consider yourself forewarned.

Anything less than a blowout against CSU would be disappointing, sorry I'm not jumping up and down waving pom poms like you and others on here. You're the leader here of the unicorn and rainbows brigade that takes it personal when IU's weaknesses are pointed out. IU did nothing yesterday that they shouldn't have done and didn't do anything exceptional which "you seem genuinely" willing to accept as a season of mediocrity and goal of 6-6.

IU won a game in seemingly ordinary fashion. Fine by me.
IU fans expect every game to have 600 yards of offense and at least 10 pass plays over 40 yards.

We have some things that need to get fixed pronto like the turnovers.
Saw several Big Ten games yesterday where turnovers could have cost games but did not.

Reactions: IUgradman
Have no idea what this means.
This seems to be a continuation of a thread that starts well but quickly evolves into IU fans launching personal attacks against each other rather than sticking to debating sports. This was vey common on the old forum and on, occasion, it also turned up here.

Reactions: 82hoosier
You also proclaimed that, in spite of last year's rank as the 9th best defense in the Big Ten, that this year's edition would be a top 25 in the nation unit. No offense, but those of us actually concerned with the truth didn't see that incredibly optimistic assessment as being remotely realistic.

A Top 25 defense was a goal established by the coach...I for one am a fan of establishing lofty goals. So what if they do not get there? I'll take 33 or 37 or even 41 which is a huge improvement over a few years and a few decades ago.

A Top 25 defense was a goal established by the coach...I for one am a fan of establishing lofty goals. So what if they do not get there? I'll take 33 or 37 or even 41 which is a huge improvement over a few years and a few decades ago.
Allen set a goal of IU having a top 25 defense? Interesting. I know Bowl said it was absolutely going to happen, bit didn't see Allen make the same proclamation.

According to the S&P+, our defense is 22nd in the nation right now.

38th overall, 76th offense, 22nd defense, and 18th special teams

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaa

Reactions: IUPaterade724
This underscores my earlier point that there are less than a handful of people here who will say anything (and the truth be damned!) in an effort to knock the program down and/or pooh-pooh any positive developments.
I think the resistance is really more with plotters like you who are hellbent on telling people how and what they can post. It's annoying, especially when you have no credibility here.

What moron is challenging the fact that CTA set a goal of a Top 25 defense this year? It received extensive media coverage.

It was (and remains) a realistic goal, considering we were 45th in total D last year, and #1 in the country this year in returning defensive production. Looks like we're still on track, pretty impressive given that we've played two of the five best teams in the country.

What moron is challenging the fact that CTA set a goal of a Top 25 defense this year? It received extensive media coverage.

It was (and remains) a realistic goal, considering we were 45th in total D last year, and #1 in the country this year in returning defensive production. Looks like we're still on track, pretty impressive given that we've played two of the five best teams in the country.
I'll give you one guess as to who is challenging it.

Allen set the goal. You said it absolutely was going to happen. Why are you backtracking on it now, just as you did with your OSU prediction?

Actually I did. But I am not surprised you would assume anything that allowed your narrative to continue.

He's a true embarrassment to Hoosier Nation. Ripping apart the program is his sweet spot and his "truth" seeking comments are Alex Jones esque. I suggest the ignore function if no one is going to take out the trash. At least fans can have a rational discussion without 20% of each thread being derailed and dedicated to the clown.

I didn't read the article.

About the goal of 25 ranked def, does is specify based on what criterion? E.g. Yards, scoring, tox, etc.

He's a true embarrassment to Hoosier Nation. Ripping apart the program is his sweet spot and his "truth" seeking comments are Alex Jones esque. I suggest the ignore function if no one is going to take out the trash. At least fans can have a rational discussion without 20% of each thread being derailed and dedicated to the clown.
Why are you posting here? As someone who's read your chat commentary, it's clear you don't follow the program. Please leave and stop gracing us with your idiotic presence. You add nothing of value.

I didn't read the article.

About the goal of 25 ranked def, does is specify based on what criterion? E.g. Yards, scoring, tox, etc.
No, and there's nothing wrong with the goal. Bowl is upset because he's now trying to backtrack on his proclamation that IU would absolutely have that top 25 defense, and it's not trending that way. Such a silly sentiment from a really silly poster. He's much of the problem here that this thread has exposed. And this is the sunshine pumpers standard procedure. Anyone who deviates from their brand of happy talk gets shouted down. Several of them are connected toIU, and this is about perpetuating a politically acceptable message. Trust me, dissent is not tolerated.

Allen set the goal. You said it absolutely was going to happen. Why are you backtracking on it now, just as you did with your OSU prediction?
Lol. This is my first reply to you in months. I took off the ignore feature because I'm in need of some entertainment this afternoon and you never fail to deliver, albeit unintentionally.

Your knowledge of IU football (or, more accurately, your lack of knowledge) has been clearly exposed in this thread. It's more apparent than ever that you're simply a loony troll.

Please cite the thread and post where I predicted an IU victory over OSU. Don't waste too much time looking, though. You won't find it, because it never happened.

With respect to the Top 25 defense, I certainly have talked about it in past threads, although I don't remember guaranteeing it. Again, I invite you to cite the post and thread. But even someone in your cognitive condition should be able to understand that it's kind of premature to be knocking a guy for a prediction (top 25 defense) that may still prove to be spot-on.

Keep making things up and moving the goal posts, pal, because that's always been your m.o. You bring nothing to this board except a bizarre narcissistic personality and misinformation.

The ignore bottom is going to soon be my friend. Don't need the negativity just for the sake of being negative. Life is too short.
Thanks for proving my point. The sunshine crowd wants to control the message.

Thanks for proving my point. The sunshine crowd wants to control the message.

What message you loon? If this isnt a troll job you are bordering on psychotic.
Do you hear helicopters circling outside or see a black van parked on your street? I guarantee Fred Glass sent them for you.

Lol. This is my first reply to you in months. I took off the ignore feature because I'm in need of some entertainment this afternoon and you never fail to deliver, albeit unintentionally.

Your knowledge of IU football (or, more accurately, your lack of knowledge) has been clearly exposed in this thread. It's more apparent than ever that you're simply a loony troll.

Please cite the thread and post where I predicted an IU victory over OSU. Don't waste too much time looking, though. You won't find it, because it never happened.

With respect to the Top 25 defense, I certainly have talked about it in past threads, although I don't remember guaranteeing it. Again, I invite you to cite the post and thread. But even someone in your cognitive condition should be able to understand that it's kind of premature to be knocking a guy for a prediction (top 25 defense) that may still prove to be spot-on.

Keep making things up and moving the goal posts, pal, because that's always been your m.o. You bring nothing to this board except a bizarre narcissistic personality and misinformation.
My IU football knowledge is significantly greater than yours will ever be, so please stop pretending otherwise. As for your OSU pick, it's hardly surprising that you wouldn't stand by it, just as you won't stand by your promise of a top 25 D. Like the post OSU landscape, you'll make excuses or disavow what you originally said or, most likely just disappear. Regardless, your credibility will take another hit, just like it does every time you respond to something I've said in another post while laughingly claiming to have me on ignore (sorry, but you were given up on that). It's so ridiculously dishonest and really speaks to how you are here.

The only person here who makes things up is you, though I realize you likely feel a need to compensate for your lack of IU football knowledge. All of that, however, is fine.

What I'm not a fan of is your mission to dictate what others who post here can say. If you want to be part of the all-sunshine crowd, be my guest. But some of us aren't afraid or unwilling to also point out the challenges and shortcomings of the program, no matter how much you wish to pretend they don't exist. Your truly bizarre lecture about truth telling, while ignoring the factual assertion that IU's defense was 9th in the Big Ten last year, was a classic example of your willingness to ignore basic facts. It's why your credibility here is zero and why this place would be infinitely better if you and a few others would leave immediately. You add nothing of value.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT