ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville game preview and weather forecast...

ptrich

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
We need to keep a close eye out on this game since there is a really good chance we might have a midweek game canceled over weather for the second straight week, with the Louisville area expecting rain and thunderstorms throughout the day and into the evening, and the forecast includes the possibility of hail and localized flooding. I'll do the weather forecast first:

It's expected to be 73 at game time (6 p.m. ET) and cloudy with the chance of rain at 47 pct. They are expecting mid-afternoon thunderstorms and thunderstorms mid-evening. Wind is expected to be out of the SSE at 7 mph with gusts to 10 mph.

IU has an RPI of 56, while Louisville (29-22) has an RPI of 62.

The pitchers for both teams are TBD.

Stats: The stats for both teams are incredibly close to each other in pitching and fielding, with Louisville playing in a stronger baseball conference. The B1G's overall RPI is 4th among conferences, while the ACC is 2nd.

Batting: In 50 games played, IU's hitting dropped to a team average of .295 after the Husker series, while in 51 games played, Louisville is hitting .313 as a team. IU has hit 69 homers, 115 doubles, and 7 triples, while Louisville has 74 homers, 113 doubles, and 21 triples (which would be No. 1 in the B1G.)

Pitching: IU's team ERA moved up from 11th to 10th in the B1G at 6.28. In 50 games, IU pitching has given up 80 homers. Louisville's team ERA is 6.63 in 51 games, and their pitching has given up 82 homers.

Fielding: IU's fielding is at .964 and they have 63 errors in 50 games. Louisville's fielding is at .965 and they have 64 errors in 51 games.

Reactions: Im4iu89 and 82IU
We need to keep a close eye out on this game since there is a really good chance we might have a midweek game canceled over weather for the second straight week, with the Louisville area expecting rain and thunderstorms throughout the day and into the evening, and the forecast includes the possibility of hail and localized flooding. I'll do the weather forecast first:

It's expected to be 73 at game time (6 p.m. ET) and cloudy with the chance of rain at 47 pct. They are expecting mid-afternoon thunderstorms and thunderstorms mid-evening. Wind is expected to be out of the SSE at 7 mph with gusts to 10 mph.

IU has an RPI of 56, while Louisville (29-22) has an RPI of 62.

The pitchers for both teams are TBD.

Stats: The stats for both teams are incredibly close to each other in pitching and fielding, with Louisville playing in a stronger baseball conference. The B1G's overall RPI is 4th among conferences, while the ACC is 2nd.

Batting: In 50 games played, IU's hitting dropped to a team average of .295 after the Husker series, while in 51 games played, Louisville is hitting .313 as a team. IU has hit 69 homers, 115 doubles, and 7 triples, while Louisville has 74 homers, 113 doubles, and 21 triples (which would be No. 1 in the B1G.)

Pitching: IU's team ERA moved up from 11th to 10th in the B1G at 6.28. In 50 games, IU pitching has given up 80 homers. Louisville's team ERA is 6.63 in 51 games, and their pitching has given up 82 homers.

Fielding: IU's fielding is at .964 and they have 63 errors in 50 games. Louisville's fielding is at .965 and they have 64 errors in 51 games.
I’ve not followed Louisville at all this year, but it surprises me they are remarkably similar to an IU team that has struggled virtually all year long. Those team ERAs are kinda pathetic, no?

Reactions: 82IU
IU baseball just posted on X game has been canceled for today
I fully expected this considering they forecasted thunderstorms throughout the day and evening hours in the Louisville area. It wasn't a good year for success against midweek teams as IU finished with a 4-5-1 record against their midweek schedule and is one of the reasons why IU is a big question mark as far as making the postseason beyond the B1G tournament.

With the regular season getting ready to close for college baseball, IU has a current record of 10-5 against Q4 teams after going 17-0 against Q4 teams last season, and they are 7-4-1 against Q3 teams after going 8-2 against them last season.

I thought we needed wins v. Cincinnati and Louisville to get an at large tourney bid … sweeping MI likey won’t be enough with conference automatic qualifiers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT