ADVERTISEMENT

Cliff O Getting Paid

Middawg

Sophomore
Feb 24, 2020
According to this tweet he had a helluva market value. Strike first, and strike hard, is the way.

Reactions: kkott
I'm just glad we probably won't have to face him again! He seemed to always kill us when we played Butgers!

Reactions: kkott
How would someone offer him 2 mil but Ballo's market was 1 mil? Unless as commits fell in place, teams got more desperate in their effort to allocate funds to the talent they saw remaining in the portal.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
How would someone offer him 2 mil but Ballo's market was 1 mil? Unless as commits fell in place, teams got more desperate in their effort to allocate funds to the talent they saw remaining in the portal.
well... hearsay on top of hearsay. If there was a $2 million offer, I'd guess it was from Rutgers to try and make this a 1 big push year with those freshmen. He might've had the most value there, and if anyone else offered $2 mill I think that's where he'd have committed. Possibly got his feelings hurt when he saw/heard what the freshmen were getting and said FU to RU. Freely admit this is just conjecture too, but that's how I'd explain a rejected $2 mill offer.

Reactions: YOTHN
Yea. I’d guess it was some late desperation, but then again, just bank that NIL for next year vs overpaying by $1M+!

Not sure I believe the $2M offer.

Reactions: YOTHN
well... hearsay on top of hearsay. If there was a $2 million offer, I'd guess it was from Rutgers to try and make this a 1 big push year with those freshmen. He might've had the most value there, and if anyone else offered $2 mill I think that's where he'd have committed. Possibly got his feelings hurt when he saw/heard what the freshmen were getting and said FU to RU. Freely admit this is just conjecture too, but that's how I'd explain a rejected $2 mill offer.

It was widely reported that Buttgers shorted him on their NIL promise to him last season.

He was likely salty over that.

It's not out of the world of possibility North Carolina was the one with two million dollar offer because they don't have a big to pair with the best returning CBB player

It was widely reported that Buttgers shorted him on their NIL promise to him last season.

He was likely salty over that.

It's not out of the world of possibility North Carolina was the one with two million dollar offer because they don't have a big to pair with the best returning CBB player
I agree, but if you were CO, wouldn't you have your butt in Chapel Hill vs Tuscaloosa if they were offering you $2 mill, and more than Bama? Unless you just really believed in Bama's coach and/or really didn't like Hubert. That doesn't make sense to me. Still makes sense that he snubbed RU because of the earlier snub, even if they came back with a higher offer. Turning down UNC and $2mill doesn't make sense to me.

If he got offered 2 million then why didn’t he take it? I call bs. Lots of things get stretched and back channeled by representatives. No way he got that offer.

Reactions: brianiu and T.M.P.
I agree, but if you were CO, wouldn't you have your butt in Chapel Hill vs Tuscaloosa if they were offering you $2 mill, and more than Bama? Unless you just really believed in Bama's coach and/or really didn't like Hubert. That doesn't make sense to me. Still makes sense that he snubbed RU because of the earlier snub, even if they came back with a higher offer. Turning down UNC and $2mill doesn't make sense to me.

Given what Chuckie Hepburn is rumored to be getting from Louisville, why would Braden Smith at the high point of his career not portal, and get 7 figures probably, and get 2X or 3X what Purdue is likely giving him?

Makes no sense to me either.

• Wow
Reactions: Zero Credibility
Given what Chuckie Hepburn is rumored to be getting from Louisville, why would Braden Smith at the high point of his career not portal, and get 7 figures probably, and get 2X or 3X what Purdue is likely giving him?

Makes no sense to me either.
I'd say maybe the keyword in your reply is "rumored". Wasn't there a QB prospect at Florida, or some football school, rumored to be getting 13 mill? sure sounds like there is shocking #s floating around out there... no idea if they are true.

He got a $2 million offer but not from Alabama, He actually got $1.4 million from Alabama.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT