ADVERTISEMENT

CJ Gunn to Depaul

Well hopefully holtman can start getting some fans to their games. I saw them on tv last year they looked to be like 500 people in the whole arena.

Reactions: ndhuntington
Well hopefully holtman can start getting some fans to their games. I saw them on tv last year they looked to be like 500 people in the whole arena.
Ray Meyer is turning over in his grave. I have heard that the facilities at Depaul are not very good. Plus where they play at the Rosemont is not even on campus so there are logistic questions.

Reactions: bailey777
Ray Meyer is turning over in his grave. I have heard that the facilities at Depaul are not very good. Plus where they play at the Rosemont is not even on campus so there are logistic questions.
I think they play at Wintrust down by the convention center? Still not too close to campus.

Reactions: 4IUSox2
I think they play at Wintrust down by the convention center? Still not too close to campus.
Yes. Been playing there for probably 10 years now. Definitely not near campus, but way better venue and much closer than going out to the old Rosemont Horizon, aka All-State Arena.

Good luck to CJ and Holtman in Lincoln Park. He should get plenty of shots with that lineup.

Reactions: POTFHBTFU
Some of our transfers seem to go to schools in lesser conferences than the big ten. Are we identifying talent poorly or are developing talent poorly?

Reactions: bIhawk
Some of our transfers seem to go to schools in lesser conferences than the big ten. Are we identifying talent poorly or are developing talent poorly?
The Big East is a lesser conference in basketball?

Thx for the info. I was not aware. I used to watch DePaul back when Tyrone Corbin was there.
I remember Dave Corzine and Ray Meyer back in the glory days of DePaul,they were a power house. I think we played them in one of the classic (Indiana or Hoosier) games we used to play in Market Square.

Shame DePaul could stay at Alumni Hall with some sort of renovation. I don’t know any of the story about demolishing that place, but playing off campus is a bummer.
Most BE schools play off campus for their major games. In fact, it was a selling point among BE officials when they first started the conference, telling recruits they could play in NBA arenas. Most northeast D1 universities have on campus gyms that are smaller than the average Indiana high school gym.

Most BE schools play off campus for their major games. In fact, it was a selling point among BE officials when they first started the conference, telling recruits they could play in NBA arenas. Most northeast D1 universities have on campus gyms that are smaller than the average Indiana high school gym.
Yea. Those NBA arenas or smaller Wintrust style ones seem to have so so atmospheres and can be hard to get to. But, I get the appeal for the players and sometimes like you said there is no on campus option.

Hope for the best for CJ.
But I wonder about heading to the Big East. Thought it would be best for him to drop down a level.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT