ADVERTISEMENT

Calling all "robosexuals"

You can’t even respond to what was written. Lol
Yeah, I did and you got embarrassed because you couldn't even be bothered to read the links I provided. I don't know why I waste my time trying to educate you when you've made up your mind already.

• Love
Reactions: Crayfish57
I’ll stop with the conservative bs as soon as conservatives stop acting like it’s the biggest problem in the world right now. Turn on any conservative radio or talk show and you won’t get far before it is mentioned. I could care less if people want to see drag shows or not. I care that conservatives want to stop ME from seeing one. As for schools, my guess is you’ll find one in a million in schools. But agsin, conservatives will take a one in a million situation and act like it’s the norm, and then make laws against it. I thought you want things in smaller government. Shouldn’t that be left up to the school district?
this post is nonsense. Nobody is trying to dtop you from seeing a drag show. Have at it.

Reactions: Crayfish57 and DANC
It’s the trying to keep kids alive way. Please reread Marvin’s post. It is not black and white and teachers are occasionally the only person a teenager might trust. I once had a child who was beat over something I told their parent. I had to call child services. The parent was upset because she thought she was doing what I wanted. Imagine a teenager trusts ONE person, their teacher. The teacher betrays that trust and tells parent. Teenager might run away or worse. How does that make things better? It’s a difficult situation and I would of course try to get student to tell parent or turn over to counselor. I think. It’s hard to know what you’d do without knowing all the circumstances.
If an adult professional like you thinks a teenager trusts you more than a parent, you have a problem. A parent has complete responsibility for everything. You don’t. A kid will always find comfort in the adult who gives the kid the most candy.

What if these "life altering decisions" are supported by the adolescent's parents ?
That’s a difficult situation. This is where medical professional and educators must step in, as they are required by law to do. Parents at this moment are charged with homicide for supporting their kids gun use and ownership. The kid shot up a school. The state steps in often in medical cases. Some parents support their kids drug use. Hell, look what happened to the Murdaugh family that had strong elements of bad parenting. Gender affirming care is very serious and life altering business that we have turned into a current right/left thing. The medical profession is partly to blame both for ideological and pecuniary interests. I guess where I’m going here is that parental support for child self-abusive behavior makes the situation very difficult, but it is no reason to give a pass.

I cannot speak for Zeke, but for me we are very close to agreement. A lot of parents may react poorly at first being told. To me the question becomes the question, how to soften that initial reaction.

The response to the shock is often the problem. Though let's address the elephant in the room, some parents will be prejudicial about this. But I think most will, after the initial shock, will act as loving parents.

Just out of personal experience, I didn't react great when my middle quit basketball. I didn't do terrible, but I was not the after school special model dad either. That's fairly minor compared to being told one might be/is trans.
Any parent should be upset if their child is involved in lunacy.

Lol. I just picture old men yelling at clouds when half of you post now. No one here is advocating taking kids. But I believe it’s up to the parents. Ya’ll want to let the parents dictate what to learn in school but not whether they can take their own kids to drag shows. Your ignorance on the topic is obvious. Maybe you can explain why Pose and RuPaul’s Drag Show have been highly rated tv shows for years? Oh right. It’s because MANY people find drag shows entertaining.
You post often about old men, or old white men when you are on a roll. If you think that enhances your quality, think again.

• Love
Reactions: Crayfish57
If an adult professional like you thinks a teenager trusts you more than a parent, you have a problem. A parent has complete responsibility for everything. You don’t. A kid will always find comfort in the adult who gives the kid the most candy.

CoH, where do you stand on the state removing children from parents when a teacher or other professional reports child abuse as told to them by child ?

Should a teacher always concede complete responsibility for the good of a child to the parents ?

Last edited:
Then they should pay for the decision. Not the taxpayers. It’s lunacy. I’m astonished at the people that will not admit that.

Under what circumstances does the state pay for these decisions ?

Sparty, what about private insurance ? Having trouble believing insurance companies would cover the cost of gender translations ?

CoH, where do you stand on the state removing children from parents when a teacher or other professional reports child abuse as told to them by child ?

Should a teacher always concede complete responsibility for the good of a child to the parents ?
The law requires an investigation to determine if the claim of abuse is well founded. This situation comes up frequently in child custody disputes.

A teacher has an independent duty about abuse, so my answer to your second paragraph is no.

Sound judgment is always in play here. Some people are better at that than others.

Reactions: hoot1
Under what circumstances does the state pay for these decisions ?

Sparty, what about private insurance ? Having trouble believing insurance companies would cover the cost of gender translations ?
You would be wrong with regards to hormonal medication.

I fill testosterone for young females (college aged) and estrogen for males. Covered by private insurance.
Once they are off their parents insurance (age 26) they will “transition” to public aid for treatment of the mental health disorders that the previous hormonal therapy has been a contributing factor.

Just the opposite, you guys are confusing. Asexuals, for example, use different pronouns (ace often used).

As to gays, use of different pronouns goes back a long way.

Historically, queer men and women switched their use of gender pronouns so that they could openly communicate with one another in times when it was not safe to openly have same-sex relationships. This practice — sometimes called "she-ing" — has a centuries-long history around the world, including England, Peru, the Philippines, and South Africa. “Men using women’s pronouns, and women using men’s pronouns, has got an enormous time depth in American lesbian-gay English. It’s not a recent formation at all,” explains William Leap, an emeritus professor of anthropology at American University and pioneering expert on queer linguistics.​

You go, girl!

I never assume all parents are anything. That would be silly. I don’t assume all, or even most. A few. Why would you say that? I give you a concrete example and you turn it into an all thing? Disappointing. Considering I worked with parents for over 30 years, I might know a little about it though.
I’ve been a parent for 31 years . . .

Do you know the difference between @mcmurtry66 and a calendar?

A calendar has dates.

Meme Reaction GIF by Travis

I was just setting and listening to some Haggard “today I started loving you again”,
Then realized it’s Thursday.
What happened on the Mucmurtrey ext route 66 files?
Anyone need bail $?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT