ADVERTISEMENT

Calling all "robosexuals"

Some of these Wokees are nuts. And I kid often but here I’m not. Some are nuts. Are they a small percentage. Of course. Some parents are no good. They too are a small percentage. Policy has to be directed and contemplated for the majority not the extremes. Why the left has championed the extreme on this issue, media etc, is lost on me.

Teachers must be mandated to speak to parents unless they have a legit basis for belief in neglect then a state guardian should be the next step.

Again, trust is important. I certainly don't think a school should treat. That is different. I am saying a kid goes to a teacher and tells them they think they are trans, should the teacher jump up and scream "I am calling your parents" or keep it in confidence.

I think kids need to feel safe to report whatever. That won't happen if they think the parents will be told. The loss of that trust impacts everything, you think a kid will report sexual abuse by their father if they think their father is going to be called. Will a kid report a another kid for bringing a gun to school if they think that kid is going to be told who reported them?

Generally speaking, counseling is private because we want the person seeking counseling to be open and honest. I don't want to carve out a "except for trans" exception as that just guarantees trans kids will never seek mental health help.

So no, I don't want medicine provided. But counseling? The alternative seems very risky to me.

Parental problems are almost always inextricably intertwined with drugs and/or alcohol. I wouldn’t be a bit surprised to see drugs and alcohol in the home of many kids who claim trans status with a school official. We also have the opposite problem. One single mom (who was a visible officer at Disney) bragged about her kids both living an alternate sexual lifestyle. That isn’t random.
Again, trust is important. I certainly don't think a school should treat. That is different. I am saying a kid goes to a teacher and tells them they think they are trans, should the teacher jump up and scream "I am calling your parents" or keep it in confidence.

I think kids need to feel safe to report whatever. That won't happen if they think the parents will be told. The loss of that trust impacts everything, you think a kid will report sexual abuse by their father if they think their father is going to be called. Will a kid report a another kid for bringing a gun to school if they think that kid is going to be told who reported them?

Generally speaking, counseling is private because we want the person seeking counseling to be open and honest. I don't want to carve out a "except for trans" exception as that just guarantees trans kids will never seek mental health help.

So no, I don't want medicine provided. But counseling? The alternative seems very risky to me.
Unless the abuse relates to the parent parents being informed supersedes all else for me

You have no idea if any kid is trans. You are driven by ideology, not medicine or science.
I assume you are speaking to snarlcakes, since he is the one saying he has 5% trans kids ? Speak with him about being driven by ideology, not medicine or science.

Just stop with that “conservatives “ BS. Many people don’t care to see drag shows. The internet clips of the current crop in elementary schools are just f*cking silly. No talent, no nothing of value. Just dudes acting stupid. Oh, trans exhibitions are new in elementary school.
I’ll stop with the conservative bs as soon as conservatives stop acting like it’s the biggest problem in the world right now. Turn on any conservative radio or talk show and you won’t get far before it is mentioned. I could care less if people want to see drag shows or not. I care that conservatives want to stop ME from seeing one. As for schools, my guess is you’ll find one in a million in schools. But agsin, conservatives will take a one in a million situation and act like it’s the norm, and then make laws against it. I thought you want things in smaller government. Shouldn’t that be left up to the school district?

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
I have no idea how that diagnosis can be made by a school without parental involvement. This whole trans thing in school is f*cking nuts. . Any school administrator, teacher, or counselor who goes down the trans road without family support is committing child abuse, not any different than consensual statutory rape. These are kids!

But it gets worse. Blue states are enacting shield laws the purpose of which are to enable kids and schools to hide these trans kids from parents iby giving them a different home. The assumption is that these laws are needed to save trans kids lives which itself is another blue liberal fraud.
Link please.

Stop using “gay” and “trans” as if they are the same thing. Going down the trans road with “gender affirming” care permanently damages a human being. Being gay doesn’t.
Or permanently heals them….

Parental problems are almost always inextricably intertwined with drugs and/or alcohol. I wouldn’t be a bit surprised to see drugs and alcohol in the home of many kids who claim trans status with a school official. We also have the opposite problem. One single mom (who was a visible officer at Disney) bragged about her kids both living an alternate sexual lifestyle. That isn’t random.
So what if that is the problem? Then how would you like it solved? You all think this is such a black/white issue and as Marvin pointed out, it clearly is not.

Do we have a lot of evidence of parents physically abusing or punishing their children for expressing gender confusion? Any?

Is it at such a level that schools should enact rules to protect children from their parents?

If we discovered that more children are punished or physically abused for poor grades or bad behavior at school, should we then create rules that forbid teachers from communicating grades and behavior to parents so that they are also protected?
I’d imagine there is some, but what we do have is statistics for trans suicide, and I have to draw the conclusion that many of those are due to lack of a strong support system, starting with the family,

I see pronoun nonsense in the same way I see purple hair, tats, and piercings. People drawing attention to themselves with nonsense instead of accomplishments. But the liberal fantasy du jour is to deprive kids of public or any recognition for academic achievement. Awards for excellence are out. ”Trans visibility day“ is in. Our county is f*cking nuts.
Maybe talk to some people 30 or under about this. The country ( and world is changing). Yes, kids experiment. But we were having this discussion about gays twenty years ago. Most young people not In a rural area knows a trans person. And they don’t care. Neither should you.

Sure they are. Why would anybody think your kids enjoy drag queens? They would rather see a magician doing card tricks or a clown acting silly making animals out of balloons. You know damn well drag shows are to make adults (probably moms) feel progressive as they drive around in their EV’s.

Question for you. Why is it forbidden for a white dude to wear black face make up and entertain as a black musician, but it’s okay for a white dude to wear feminine makeup, high heels and falsies and entertain as a woman?
Cultural and racial appropriation are bad, and male and female appropriation are good?

Last edited:
So you consider keeping a child's confidence to be lying to the parents and promoting mental illness?
My parents when they were together, and then my single mother, were always told what I was doing in school - good, bad or indifferent. Parental awareness seems like a good thing to me. Why do you think parents should be kept in the dark about something like this?

Last edited:
Maybe talk to some people 30 or under about this. The country ( and world is changing). Yes, kids experiment. But we were having this discussion about gays twenty years ago. Most young people not In a rural area knows a trans person. And they don’t care. Neither should you.
Now you are just being silly. I, and society, should care about offspring. They are the future of everything.. I’m not talking about adults. Everything I’ve said about this issue is about kids. If a 20 something wants to cut off body parts, they can do that, but they have my sympathy, so I do care. They are headed for a miserable life and will likely destroy or kill themselves.

According to you, I guess we should eliminate child labor laws and statutory rape laws, righ? If a 10- year- old kid wants to make some money to buy vireo games, or a 12 year old wants to have sex with you, I guess that’s okay. After all, why shouldn’t kids experiment? Oh, and let’s let youngsters buy booze while we are at it.

My parents when they were together, and then my single mother, were always told what I was doing in school - good, bad or indifferent. Parental awareness seems like a good thing to me. Why do you think parents should be kept in the dark about something like this?

That wasn't the point of my dialog with snarl. He had claimed that he was told to lie to parents. That turned out not to be the case.

I’m focusing on the informing part. What do you think about that?

I'm not a parent nor a counselor, so my opinion is pretty worthless. I'd lean toward initially keeping the kid's confidence while suggesting he talk to his parents or a counselor. The last group that should be involved are legislators.

I guess it depends on whether those who advocate human rights for robots have any say so.

If they can program a robot to ride a tandem, I wonder if they would program it to complain about going too fast, not stopping for stop signs, or being too cold.
All the robots will need to do is claim it identifies as a human & the left will give them human rights, give them reparations for the treatment of their ancestors, & give them mail in ballots…

All the robots will need to do is claim it identifies as a human & the left will give them human rights, give them reparations for the treatment of their ancestors, & give them mail in ballots…

So sort of like corporations...

Drag shows have been around for over 100 years. Why the hell they are in the news now is a question you'll have to ask yourself. I guess people are bothered by the rare child that attends. A young child has no fkn clue what any of it means, and it's harmless. My 4 year old daughter think she has "nuts" because her older brother jokes and laughs about getting kicked in the nuts. So she goes around saying "you kicked me in the nuts"

Maybe I'm a groomer parent too?

I would never take my children to a drag show. Fwiw. And think they should be an 18+ event.

But I'll say when I was growing up...a child could drink in Wisconsin with approval of their parent... at a bar.
Mark thinks you should start her transition now…

I didn't read the thread all the way through, I am not sure what a robosexual is so I figured he was talking to some of you all.

But I finally did look at the last page. As usual, everyone makes hard questions appear simple.

Of course parents should be involved. I fully agree.

But.

We cannot always depend on parents to be reasonable. Is punishment, sometimes physical punishment, what we want for kids who may feel they are gay/trans/want referred to as "they"?

So what is a teacher/councilor supposed to do if a student trusts them and comes to them?

If the school employee tells nothing, they are in violation of what we all think the ideal, family involvement.

If they tell the family, they may subject the child to punishment. Oh, and they teach the child not to trust anyone with personal issues.

But nothing like this fits in the 20 second soundbite that we demand all issues fit into.

Deep thinking isn't a 20 second soundbite.
You think teachers can be depended on to always be reasonable? No group can. Should it be kept from the parents if they get caught with drugs? Cutting themself?

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I’ll stop with the conservative bs as soon as conservatives stop acting like it’s the biggest problem in the world right now. Turn on any conservative radio or talk show and you won’t get far before it is mentioned. I could care less if people want to see drag shows or not. I care that conservatives want to stop ME from seeing one. As for schools, my guess is you’ll find one in a million in schools. But agsin, conservatives will take a one in a million situation and act like it’s the norm, and then make laws against it. I thought you want things in smaller government. Shouldn’t that be left up to the school district?
No one here has ever suggested you shouldn’t be able to see one.

Reactions: DANC
I’d imagine there is some, but what we do have is statistics for trans suicide, and I have to draw the conclusion that many of those are due to lack of a strong support system, starting with the family,
I don’t think you have to draw that conclusion at all. There is no reliable study linking the two, for trans suicidal ideation or any other type of teenage suicide ideation or depression. Nor is there a logical link.

Just like I don’t think you have to draw the conclusion that the reason a child has gender confusion is because of a failure of parenting.

Reactions: DANC and jet812
You think teachers can be depended on to always be reasonable? No group can. Should it be kept from the parents if they get caught with drugs? Cutting themself?
Get caught is different than seeking help.

I have seen psychiatrists discuss this with guns. If psychiatrists report people who might be a danger and those people have their guns seized by police, those people will not seek help. That is the worst possible outcome.

If a kid is "caught", the trust/help paradigm shifts. But if a kid says, "don't tell my parents but I am sometimes suicidal" then telling the parents may well trigger the event. The 1st responsibility in my mind is to get them immediate professional help and let the professional determine the time and manner to alert the parents.

Reactions: zeke4ahs
I don’t think you have to draw that conclusion at all. There is no reliable study linking the two, for trans suicidal ideation or any other type of teenage suicide ideation or depression. Nor is there a logical link.

Just like I don’t think you have to draw the conclusion that the reason a child has gender confusion is because of a failure of parenting.

Get caught is different than seeking help.

I have seen psychiatrists discuss this with guns. If psychiatrists report people who might be a danger and those people have their guns seized by police, those people will not seek help. That is the worst possible outcome.

If a kid is "caught", the trust/help paradigm shifts. But if a kid says, "don't tell my parents but I am sometimes suicidal" then telling the parents may well trigger the event. The 1st responsibility in my mind is to get them immediate professional help and let the professional determine the time and manner to alert the parents.
Boy I couldn’t disagree more if you think a teacher or school shouldn’t inform a parent that a child has admitted suicidal thoughts or said they are suicidal.

Boy I couldn’t disagree more if you think a teacher or school shouldn’t inform a parent that a child has admitted suicidal thoughts or said they are suicidal.

I get that, I think the first call needs to be a professional. They trusted the teacher, not the parent. I don't know why the parent wasn't entrusted. But I see a risk in a parent going to the child upset and yelling causing additional problems.

Hopefully the professional can talk to the child and the parents and try to ensure the meeting isn't any sort of "you have embarrassed me" moment.

Reactions: zeke4ahs
That’s the weaselly cowardly way.
It’s the trying to keep kids alive way. Please reread Marvin’s post. It is not black and white and teachers are occasionally the only person a teenager might trust. I once had a child who was beat over something I told their parent. I had to call child services. The parent was upset because she thought she was doing what I wanted. Imagine a teenager trusts ONE person, their teacher. The teacher betrays that trust and tells parent. Teenager might run away or worse. How does that make things better? It’s a difficult situation and I would of course try to get student to tell parent or turn over to counselor. I think. It’s hard to know what you’d do without knowing all the circumstances.

I disagree strongly about that and I imagine anyone studying teens would. You don’t think a strong support system would help prevent suicide?

https://bmcpublichealth.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12889-015-1867-2. First one I looked at.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT