ADVERTISEMENT

Calbert is back.

Awesome! My favorite Hoosier I think! The question of who wins 1 on 1 among the coaches in their primes just got a lot more interesting!
well considering one is now the all time B1G leading scorer, he gets my vote.

Ray Jackson (of the fab..er..fraud....five) said guarding Calbert for 40 min was the hardest thing he ever did on the court in college. Like chasing a deer thru the forest (trees = sliding screens)

Great to see, I posted on FB board by mistake wondered why there wasn't a thread already

Remember being at Hoosier Hysteria TJD’s freshman year and one of the judges was Calbert. TJD won slam dunk contest and asked for an extra dunk. Pulled out a #40 jersey and put it on and then did a 2 handed reverse jam a la Calbert. New then that that kid got it about being a Hoosier

well considering one is now the all time B1G leading scorer, he gets my vote.

Ray Jackson (of the fab..er..fraud....five) said guarding Calbert for 40 min was the hardest thing he ever did on the court in college. Like chasing a deer thru the forest (trees = sliding screens)
Yep, but honestly, if I were guessing at a game of 1 on 1 in their prime, I'm going Woody!

Outstanding … wing play is bound to improve … Woody was good at running through motion offense screens too.

Still expect to see more pick and roll to work the opponents weakest defender.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Outstanding … wing play is bound to improve … Woody was good at running through motion offense screens too.

Still expect to see more pick and roll to work the opponents weakest defender.
Looking like a true 4/5 out team running side and zoom action. If MM is who I think he is he will be just about unstoppable. Has Freshman of the year written all over him. He will be able to get any look he wants.

I am curious as to what the title actually means? Is he going to be coaching at practices? Be on the bench during games?

Damn good move by both Coach Woodson and CC. Covers a need in the present timeline and allows for possible expansion into the future for Cal and IUBB. Hoosier heroes, as many as possible should be kept close to IU.

Reactions: 76-1
That's a heckuva staff comprised of 3 former IU players. While wearing an IU uniform, they collectively account for 5,992 points, 2 B!G MVPs, 5 all B!G selections, 5 yrs of AA selections, 1 NPOY award and it lead to 32 seasons in the professional ranks (24 being in the NBA).

I have to think when that's laid out to recruits and their families, it has to get wheels turning. 3 IU guys who bring all that are the guys who you'll be working with every day that you're here. What other program can match that?

FANTASTIC ! Calbert back with the IU Basketball program is all positive; excited to see exceptional playmaking from the wing position again.

Reactions: 76-1
Yes thank God for the extra covid year. Eat shit Purdue Cheaney is back..

will-ferrell-old-school.gif

• Love
Reactions: 8Stars5Banners
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT