ADVERTISEMENT

Brady suspended for 4 games HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

lets-beat-that-horse.jpg

Final Jeopardy:

Name the NFL team that has the two biggest penalties for cheating.
Answer:

Denver Broncos & San Francisco 49ers.

Both had multiple players fined, owners fined, general managers fined and suspended, lost multiple draft picks. Both had circumvented salary cap rules in the 90s by having secret payouts to multiple players.

Al Davis was furious that the Broncos were not stripped of their Super Bowl trophies.

Lol

You he now used Jenny Craig and Al Davis to defend the cheaters.

You couldn't make up this stuff if you tried.

Keep it coming, it's a good laugh each day.

nice read from a prominent sports attorney

http://abovethelaw.com/2015/05/shou...d-roger-goodell-a-deflategate-email-exchange/

I am not a Patriots fan and it would beneficial to me personally if the Patriots collapsed into a flaming chowdah of suckage. I also am not inclined to give the Patriots the benefit of the doubt given their reputation, and the general reputation of the NFL being full of teams who are intentionally or accidentally rule benders and breakers...
It is extraordinarily difficult to prove a negative. The Patriots Context report does its best to demonstrate a reasonable explanation of events. It rings more true to me as someone who has done various investigations and seen how things work in the NFL up close.

I've seen the science stuff in both reports, and also things written from the stat variation side or from the physics side from outsiders, and I have a hard time seeing how they support a finding of more likely than not cheating. The greatest difficulty from a true science perspective is that the game day protocols, measuring tools given, atmospheric conditions end up being a lot of guesses. But even with a lot of those guesses, a very good case can be made that the results of the measurements are just plain old science and not cheating.

It is discomforting that the Wells Report seems to go out of its way to minimize the issues with the data. That's not consistent with good science or good independent investigations. And I think where the investigation got off on the wrong foot was the immediate assumption by NFL personnel at half time that the measurements they got could not be explained by air-temperture changes.

Ultimately, I think if you are going to judge three people as liars, you should have far better evidence than the Wells Report gave. I don't think there is any evidence in just the Wells Report alone that says that more likely than not they cheated about PSI.

--------------
with each passing day the truth of framegate gets more clear

I hear CNN is dedicating 6 hours to this travesty of justice tomorrow.

Good idea, it might be a tire pressure issue.

He was just as much involved in this one as he was in framegate

news:
“real questions linger regarding the quality of the Ted Wells investigation and the league’s decision to leak grossly false PSI numbers only two days after the AFC title game, giving the controversy a higher sense of urgency and cementing the inaccurate narrative that tampering necessarily occurred.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/18/bob-mcnair-defends-goodells-handling-of-deflategate/

As long as this abomination of a thread continues to have life breathed into it, I shall continue to beat the life out of these poor horses...

t_beat_dead_horse_289.jpg

Please, won't you think of the animals.. these poor defenseless horses...

Reactions: burnthemallralphie
The most-read NFL writer on earth, Mike Florio, continues to write the truth, to his credit:

It started with someone from the league leaking to Chris Mortensen of ESPN the blatantly false news that 11 of the 12 Patriots footballs were a full two pounds under the 12.5 PSI minimum at halftime of the AFC title game. That set the narrative of presumed tampering, and the league never corrected the misinformation until the Ted Wells report disclosed for the first time 13 days ago actual numbers that revealed: (1) dramatically conflicting pressure gauges; and (2) a set of readings that falls fully in line with the operation of the Ideal Gas Law.

See, if a lawyer like Mike Florio can understand science, there is hope for some of you!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...spended-jastremski-mcnally-at-request-of-nfl/

Kraft and Goodell are reportedly working on a compromise

Patriots get: no fine, no loss of picks, no suspension for Brady, an apology from the NFL for false leaks ("11 of 12 footballs..."), the firing of the NFL leaker, a statement saying that the Patriots did nothing wrong

Goodell gets: to stay gainfully employed, for now (you've got to give them something, unfortunately). He also gets to avoid two expensive court battles that he realizes he has no chance of winning, since science conclusively shows that in fact no footballs were deflated by anyone (average pressure at halftime: 11.49, expected pressure by the ideal gas law = 11.32-11.52 psi, accuracy of gauge = 0.40 psi)

Is 11.49 between 11.32 and 11.52?
Is it?
Are you dense enough to think that it is not?

The Wells report says that the Patriots footballs should have been between 11.32-11.52 psi.
The Wells report says that the Patriots footballs WERE at an average of 11.49 psi, on the HIGH END on the range, using the gauge that Walt Anderson "to his best recollection" recalls using in pregame checks.

If 11.49 is between 11.32 and 11.52, then no cheating could possibly have occurred.
Can you REALLY not grasp this?
Were you asleep in grade school math class?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT