ADVERTISEMENT

Blidi in portal

Off to Auburn
I wonder how much Philip got for realizing his childhood dream of playing for Auburn?

Just curious how far behind we were on the requirements.

DTs have got to be about the highest, next to QBs. Don't know any program that isn't looking.
Philip landed at place that's known for great lineman. Not afraid of comp I guess.

I wonder how much Philip got for realizing his childhood dream of playing for Auburn?

DTs have got to be about the highest, next to QBs. Don't know any program that isn't looking.
Philip landed at place that's known for great lineman. Not afraid of comp I guess.
I was told Blidi wanted 100k from Allen. I would guess he asked for the same from Cig. Pretty sure he never got it, but he did cut an NIL deal at Indiana going into his year 2. Not sure what the going rate is for DT in the spring--might not be as high because collectives run out of money and most schools need more than 1 guy. The Auburns of the world probably don't have that concern....I don't care. He does have a sweet destination wedding coming up though : https://www.theknot.com/us/emma-thompson-and-phil-blidi-jul-2024

Well, we better be willing to compensate skilled IDL like CJ West & others if the defense is to be competitive this year.

Reactions: vesuvius13

With the rules being what they are today (everything favoring the offense) the three most important positions on the team are qb, edge rusher, and cb

Reactions: vesuvius13
Tackle is going to command more than CBs. They're harder to find.
Edge rusher has to be up there, and hard to find as well.
I'd put CBs below those as far as money.
We seemed to find DBs that Cig thinks can play. Seems to still be looking for line even while knowing it was a need all offseason.

I was told Blidi wanted 100k from Allen. I would guess he asked for the same from Cig. Pretty sure he never got it, but he did cut an NIL deal at Indiana going into his year 2. Not sure what the going rate is for DT in the spring--might not be as high because collectives run out of money and most schools need more than 1 guy. The Auburns of the world probably don't have that concern....I don't care. He does have a sweet destination wedding coming up though : https://www.theknot.com/us/emma-thompson-and-phil-blidi-jul-2024
He probably upgraded to surf and turf at the reception with the NIL money he stole from us.

Why are there 6 pages of comments about this? Cheese us. Everyone acts like we just lost the next Warren Sapp. A dude that was 7th in tackles on a crappy defense leaves. Big whoop
So it filled up your screens?

Because many or most of the posts are about more than Blidi. You don't have to comment on NIL, meaning of contracts, and what Indiana needs in NIL and contracts, to build a team. Others feel like it.

If we lose "big whoop" players to Auburn or Michigan every year, will we be able to stay competitive? It may not be interesting to you. A big whoops player goes to Auburn. What about the ones even better?

I'm still waiting to hear about this contract he supposedly violated but that we aren't going to pursue getting money back because of said contract violation.
I’m interested to see the contracts too. If they’re “retweet something to help promote our business” then fine. That’s what NIL SHOULD be. Like Instagram influencers or whatever.

I guess there’s an argument that the value of an influencer is that they stay relevant in your market area. So there’s that.

If NIL = pure pay to play. I hate it and I don’t feel sorry for anyone who “lost” money. You play with pigs you get dirty. And I can’t imagine the contracts actually say that. It’s just wink and nod.

I’ve said it before too, I legitimately tried to do an NIL deal with Dexter last season. I was able to connect with him and he seemed receptive but his representatives wouldn’t reach out to me. Seems silly to me, but what do I know, I’m just a simple country lawyer.

Reactions: DANC and iueyedoc99
I’m interested to see the contracts too. If they’re “retweet something to help promote our business” then fine. That’s what NIL SHOULD be. Like Instagram influencers or whatever.

I guess there’s an argument that the value of an influencer is that they stay relevant in your market area. So there’s that.

If NIL = pure pay to play. I hate it and I don’t feel sorry for anyone who “lost” money. You play with pigs you get dirty. And I can’t imagine the contracts actually say that. It’s just wink and nod.

I’ve said it before too, I legitimately tried to do an NIL deal with Dexter last season. I was able to connect with him and he seemed receptive but his representatives wouldn’t reach out to me. Seems silly to me, but what do I know, I’m just a simple country lawyer.
100% agree with all that you say

I'm still waiting to hear about this contract he supposedly violated but that we aren't going to pursue getting money back because of said contract violation.
Better Off Dead Cash GIF by moodman

Us folks of a certain age will get this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT