ADVERTISEMENT

"Bidenomics...I'd give him an F"...

CPI is just a basket of goods they manipulate over time to give the appearance inflation is low. Overall inflation is much higher than the CPI numbers. Add 5-10% and it’s closer to actual inflation. Below is Bill Clinton’s Secretary of Treasure admitting it.

I’ve appreciated Summers’ analyses and willingness to speak his mind. If you listen to one economist right now, he’s the one I recommend.

As a former president of Harvard, he’s also had some good observations on the recent college protest situation.

Reactions: snarlcakes
Yep it’s absurd. I pay $2k a month now for my minion and it’s trench warfare. He’s not learning French. And that’s not to stay until six. That’s a 4 pickup.
On the other hand, child care is not something you really want to give scrimp on and go to the lowest bidder.....

Peace of mind comes with a cost.

I had no idea about the price of daycare until recently. I found out that a coworker is paying 3500/month for 2 kids (4&2) in the Chicago burbs and #3 will be here in August. When she told me I tried really hard to stifle my "WTF?" face. I probably would have had better luck if I had just drawn an inside straight.

With 2 kids you are often better off to hire a nanny. We had a great one for something like 6 or 7 years. Once my son was in school and my daughter was old enough for preschool we dropped her. But it was great for us. No drop offs to mess with... Kids went on different adventures everyday.

Got to find one that is reliable though. Ours didn't miss more than a few days of work for 6+years

Reactions: hookyIU1990
With 2 kids you are often better off to hire a nanny.
That's what my daughter and son-in-law did. They're doing it with their neighbors - "Nanny share".

Lady is from Ecuador and speaks little English, but the kids understand her Spanish. When I asked my daughter if she was here legally, she just shrugged.....

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
That's what my daughter and son-in-law did. They're doing it with their neighbors - "Nanny share".

Lady is from Ecuador and speaks little English, but the kids understand her Spanish. When I asked my daughter if she was here legally, she just shrugged.....

We did a nanny share for a little while at the beginning but then the neighbors had a 2nd kid and the mom decided to stay home. So we just took the nanny full time for our family

We did a nanny share for a little while at the beginning but then the neighbors had a 2nd kid and the mom decided to stay home. So we just took the nanny full time for our family
That's what my daughter is doing. The other kid and daughter's son starts pre-school and the baby is due in June, so basically it will just be the baby plus their son and the other kid after pre-school and their daughter after Kindergarten.

To sweeten the pot, they are renting a place for the nanny to live and she's being paid directly, instead of through an agency. It's a sweet deal for the nanny.

But it's close to their house and the nanny can get the 2 boys from day care.

good point. check back on may 24 when school is out and we'll give an update. recalibrate.
Ivy Tech has associate degrees that are guaranteed credit transfers to Ball State (or many other state schools).

32% for daycare since 2019

You go to a daycare center?

I've told you (I think) how much we pay (my youngest has gone since she was 6 months old and is 10 now). Absolutely phenomenal lady and my daughter just loves her. She'll be sad next year when she goes into middle school and won't be going anymore.

You go to a daycare center?

I've told you (I think) how much we pay (my youngest has gone since she was 6 months old and is 10 now). Absolutely phenomenal lady and my daughter just loves her. She'll be sad next year when she goes into middle school and won't be going anymore.
no to a school

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT