ADVERTISEMENT

Bernie Sanders was the only candidate RIGHT on Iraq.

toastedbread

Hall of Famer
Oct 25, 2006
He is also the only principled candidate in this race who doesn't pay attention to polls. If he came out as an Atheist, which I presume is even more stigmatized in this country than homosexuality, I would volunteer for his campaign.

I disagree with him on almost every issue, but I like him.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
He is also the only principled candidate in this race who doesn't pay attention to polls. If he came out as an Atheist, which I presume is even more stigmatized in this country than homosexuality, I would volunteer for his campaign.

He might be this election's Ron Paul.

Isn't want a presidential candidate that professes he is an atheist the same thing as wanting one who is a practicing Christian? Why not wish for a candidate who, when asked if he is a Christian, says "it's none of your damned business!"?

Isn't want a presidential candidate that professes he is an atheist the same thing as wanting one who is a practicing Christian? Why not wish for a candidate who, when asked if he is a Christian, says "it's none of your damned business!"?
That would be ideal, but no, they are not the same thing. Professing atheism as a politician is far braver than professing Christianity. And it comes without fear of insincerity; no one fakes atheism for political reasons.

That would be ideal, but no, they are not the same thing. Professing atheism as a politician is far braver than professing Christianity. And it comes without fear of insincerity; no one fakes atheism for political reasons.
Apparently my comment flew right over your head. I was not talking about it being the same thing for a candidate to declare their atheism as it is to declare their Christian faith. It's clearly not the same thing, as it's political suicide in most instances for someone to publicly declare that they are an atheist.

But what I actually said is that I see little difference in a voter wanting an atheist candidate compared to one wanting a Christian candidate. In both instances, you are basing your decision on which candidate to support on their religious beliefs (or lack thereof).

Apparently my comment flew right over your head. I was not talking about it being the same thing for a candidate to declare their atheism as it is to declare their Christian faith. It's clearly not the same thing, as it's political suicide in most instances for someone to publicly declare that they are an atheist.

But what I actually said is that I see little difference in a voter wanting an atheist candidate compared to one wanting a Christian candidate. In both instances, you are basing your decision on which candidate to support on their religious beliefs (or lack thereof).
No, I understood it. But the difference between the two candidates is what makes wanting those two candidates different as well, if that makes sense.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa

I disagree with him on almost every issue. but I like him.
What did Bernie do that made him right on Iraq?? I'm sure that he is so totally inconsequential that no one noticed. Help us candidate watchers out, wouldja?

Not really. It's highly improbable that we haven't had an atheist/agnostic president before that's been living in the closet. Due to its high correlation to intelligence, and perhaps I'm reaching on presidential intelligence, it's likely we've had them.

Someone declaring their lack of faith in today's overly-sectarian America, with tons of political capital to lose, is not only brave - it's also a sign that they can think for themselves. Not believing in the unprovable is something we should expect from our candidates vs be shocked when one of them admits such.

Not really. It's highly improbable that we haven't had an atheist/agnostic president before that's been living in the closet. Due to its high correlation to intelligence, and perhaps I'm reaching on presidential intelligence, it's likely we've had them.

Someone declaring their lack of faith in today's overly-sectarian America, with tons of political capital to lose, is not only brave - it's also a sign that they can think for themselves. Not believing in the unprovable is something we should expect from our candidates vs be shocked when one of them admits such.

You just proved my point.

Reactions: Scott S
Whoever says, as Noodle phrased, "it's none of your damned business!" gets my vote.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott S
No bones about it Bernie is who I'm supporting and voting for this coming election.

Go Bernie Go
Screw the Status Quo

Everyone should, he's a good man, his word is good and what you see is what you get.

Real transparency in a candidate.

Why Republicans Will Vote For Bernie Sanders

"Ann Coulter knows who she wants to be the Democratic nominee for president, and who that person is, well, it may surprise you.

She wants Hillary Clinton to be the nominee, and thinks that if Bernie gets the nod, he'll beat whoever the Republicans come up with to run against him.

You won't hear me say this often, but Ann Coulter is right.

If Bernie Sanders ends up being the Democratic nominee for president, and it looks more and more every day like he will be, his Republican opponent is going to have a very hard time beating him.

And that's because of all the Democratic candidates running, Bernie Sanders has the best chance of capturing Republican votes."

---

Ann Coulter - Why Republicans Don't Want To Run Against Bernie Sanders"

He would be 75 when elected and could potentially hold office until 83. That seems like it could hurt his chances just a bit if it's a tight race.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT