ADVERTISEMENT

A Tale of Two (four) Presidents....

I think his support for local law enforcement is genuine. Federal law enforcement may be a different story. Understandably as they tried to torpedo his presidency.
I think his support for law enforcement is a total sham. He sure as hell doesn't care about the Capitol Police. He's calling those jailed shits that assaulted the Capitol Police hostages and patriots. That's not caring about law enforcement.

The FBI has a Republican Director (never had anything but Republican Directors) and the rank and file has been majority Republican and we're supposed to believe they have been out to get him. Trump believes his base are fools. I guess I won't argue with him.

Spending money on his legal bills is probably the wisest possible use of his campaign funds if it avoids a conviction before the election.

What will be really interesting is if he wins and gets convicted in between the election and inauguration.
He could spend his own money and have money for his campaign too. He's claimed they're taking his money so he couldn't spend it on his campaign, but he's never spent any significant amount of his own money on his previous campaigns. Why would anyone believe he's planning to this time?

Yes, it would be interested to see if he is convicted between the election and inauguration. I wonder if they could sentence him to home arrest and keep him confined to the White House wearing an ankle bracelet.

He could spend his own money and have money for his campaign too. He's claimed they're taking his money so he couldn't spend it on his campaign, but he's never spent any significant amount of his own money on his previous campaigns. Why would anyone believe he's planning to this time?

Yes, it would be interested to see if he is convicted between the election and inauguration. I wonder if they could sentence him to home arrest and keep him confined to the White House wearing an ankle bracelet.
You really are an idiot. He would just pardon himself but it will never get that far.

Reactions: DDE-6-20-23
You really are an idiot. He would just pardon himself but it will never get that far.
You aren't smart enough to be an idiot. You calling me an idiot is like DJT calling someone else a liar. Oh wait, you're not smart enough to be an idiot so you'll think DJT isn't a liar. ;)

I look forward to your epic meltdown when Trump is convicted of a felony. I said when, not if. If you were smart enough to be an idiot, you'd have some vague notion of the fact that Trump couldn't pardon himself if/when convicted of a felony in one of the state trials. Besides, any felony conviction at all will torpedo his chances for election per multiple polls. I predict you will cry real tears between now and November, and especially on election day.

Was Biden invited to the wake?
Who invited Trump? I was curious and so far, it appears that the police themselves didn't. A spokesman for the Police Benevolent Association of the City of New York didn't know who invited him. One article says that the invitation came from Nassau County Executive Bruce Blakeman. He's a Republican, and articles say that he was accompanying Trump when he arrived so that fits. Trump just might be a craven wake crasher. Might make a good movie.

Who invited Trump? I was curious and so far, it appears that the police themselves didn't. A spokesman for the Police Benevolent Association of the City of New York didn't know who invited him. One article says that the invitation came from Nassau County Executive Bruce Blakeman. He's a Republican, and articles say that he was accompanying Trump when he arrived so that fits. Trump just might be a craven wake crasher. Might make a good movie.
I read the family invited him, but obviously a Republican operative set it up.

Of course, but no family comes up with that idea.
I think the family invited him. Maybe they saw it as opportunity to draw attention. Sick of the AOC bs. Guy was out on bail with 14 priors including attempted murder. Other guy had been arrested 21 times. Cops are tuned in to the political stuff

Media certainly doesn’t care. They only get pumped for a black person killed by a cop in keeping with Harris etc

I think the family invited him. Maybe they saw it as opportunity to draw attention. Sick of the AOC bs. Guy was out on bail with 14 priors including attempted murder. Other guy had been arrested 21 times. Cops are tuned in to the political stuff
Maybe. I think it's more likely a politician came up with it and the family agreed to invite him. Either way, they went there to make Biden look bad, so mission accomplished.

President Joe Biden and two other former presidents descended on Manhattan today for what was the party of the year! At Radio City Music Hall, Biden threw a campaign fundraiser featuring special guests such as Lizzo and Stephen Colbert. The event shattered fundraising records bringing in over 25 million dollars! For the the low, low price of $100K you could even have your picture taken with all three presidents (Obama, Clinton, Biden). What a steal! I'm sure this was a cant miss event.

Meanwhile, former President Trump also made a trip to the NYC area today. Not Manhattan; Long Island. He was attending the Wake of slain NYPD officer Jonathan Diller. The first NYPD officer killed in the line of duty since 2022. Diller was killed by a 21 time arrested, career criminal who had a shank in his rectum when he was ultimately picked up by police, planning for his next stay in prison.

Our other three Presidents, past and present, will not be attending the Wake or funeral. President Biden plans to visit Baltimore, but has not yet. He can be forgiven, it is a full 1 hour by car from the White House.
Maybe if Trump and the other Republicans had acted sensibly about gun control, the officer would not have been shot.

Maybe if Trump and the other Republicans had acted sensibly about gun control, the officer would not have been shot.
The guy had 14 priors and was on bail. Attempted murder and robbery. You don’t think he can get a gun 🤣🤣. His buddy was arrested 21 times. You’re a good little progressive. Never blame the bad actor

Cops love trump. All my cop buddies (black and white) are all in on maga and trump. To a person. Once a given for Dems.

What about the neighborhoods were crimes are occurring ?

Seems to me having the support and respect of those living in areas of crime is more important to those involved in law enforcement than a far off president in the Oval Office.

Realize talking about crime and showing respect for those in blue is vital in today's world of politics. Nevertheless, the game is played in a block by block battle ground far off from the view of governors, muchless presidents.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
What about the neighborhoods were crimes are occurring ?

Seems to me having the support and respect of those living in areas of crime is more important to those involved in law enforcement than a far off president in the Oval Office.

Realize talking about crime and showing respect for those in blue is vital in today's world of politics. Nevertheless, the game is played in a block by block battle ground far off from the view of governors, muchless presidents.
Words matter from politicians. As do actions. The defunding attacks have led to unprecedented departures and shortages that impact communities locally

Here's the base of the Democrat Party. I'll take our poorly educated over your poorly educated everyday of the week and twice on Sundays.

They sure do enjoy shaking their rear ends around. You can often see them doing it on top of cars in Chicago when they shut the streets down for one of their “takeovers”.

What is it about shaking their rear ends that you think brings them so much joy?

• Haha
Reactions: jet812 and DANC
They sure do enjoy shaking their rear ends around. You can often see them doing it on top of cars in Chicago when they shut the streets down for one of their “takeovers”.

What is it about shaking their rear ends that you think brings them so much joy?
I'd like you to spell this out for me like I'm one of Trump's poorly educated, low-information voters. Who are you referring to when you say 'they?'

For your sake, I hope you're talking about Woody and Jessie (in that case, take it up with Bob Iger). Otherwise, you might have to start thinking of new, clever moniker again soon.

The sad thing is the kids will grow up exactly like their mom and the dad they probably never knew. The cycle will then keep continuing.

Dems solution is to talk more about white supremacy and reparations and defunding the police. It will never end.

I'd like you to spell this out for me like I'm one of Trump's poorly educated, low-information voters. Who are you referring to when you say 'they?'

For your sake, I hope you're talking about Woody and Jessie (in that case, take it up with Bob Iger). Otherwise, you might have to start thinking of new, clever moniker again soon.
Hoodrats of course.

I think his support for local law enforcement is genuine. Federal law enforcement may be a different story. Understandably as they tried to torpedo his presidency.
That's why his boys attacked them at the capital. djt is only about himself, he cares about himself.

The guy had 14 priors and was on bail. Attempted murder and robbery. You don’t think he can get a gun 🤣🤣. His buddy was arrested 21 times. You’re a good little progressive. Never blame the bad actor
YAWN. You are boringly predictable. Of course the shooter is responsible. That's not what I said. But like a good little Republican you pivot into blaming someone else to protect your guns. For Republicans, it's always someone else's fault.

A shooting requires two things: a shooter and a gun. Fewer guns = lower chances a bad guy has a gun. There are far too many guns in this country, and no need for them. Nobody needs to shoot game for the family table anymore. Hardly any gun is used for personal protection and such rare use is dwarfed by the occasions in which Republican-protected guns are used for crimes (which Republicans hypocritically say they oppose).

The Republican Bruen ruling (written by Long Dong Silver Thomas) ignores the fact that, historically, guns were controlled, regulated and/or prohibited by local communities in the US for decades and decades with not a thought that the Second Amendment (which says absolutely nothing about personal protection) even hinted that this was prohibited. What changed ? Three Republican Trump appointees.

Gun violence belongs to the Republicans until they realize they can regulate and reduce guns and still get reelected.

(Here comes McMurtry to get me, just as soon as he checks with Trump and Messi. 3-2-1....)

YAWN. You are boringly predictable. Of course the shooter is responsible. That's not what I said. But like a good little Republican you pivot into blaming someone else to protect your guns. For Republicans, it's always someone else's fault.

A shooting requires two things: a shooter and a gun. Fewer guns = lower chances a bad guy has a gun. There are far too many guns in this country, and no need for them. Nobody needs to shoot game for the family table anymore. Hardly any gun is used for personal protection and such rare use is dwarfed by the occasions in which Republican-protected guns are used for crimes (which Republicans hypocritically say they oppose).

The Republican Bruen ruling (written by Long Dong Silver Thomas) ignores the fact that, historically, guns were controlled, regulated and/or prohibited by local communities in the US for decades and decades with not a thought that the Second Amendment (which says absolutely nothing about personal protection) even hinted that this was prohibited. What changed ? Three Republican Trump appointees.

Gun violence belongs to the Republicans until they realize they can regulate and reduce guns and still get reelected.

(Here comes McMurtry to get me, just as soon as he checks with Trump and Messi. 3-2-1....)
Gun violence belongs to the republicans 🤣🤣🤣. In stl city every murder thus far save one has been by a black person. Guns can be had in minutes and no one committing these murders cares about legislation and they sure as shit aren’t going to bass pro shop to buy it.

Between these two there were 35 priors. Including robbery and attempted murder. Ny for years had determinations predicated on flight risk not danger. The most dangerous cities in America are run by Dems. Many progressives. Make no mistake. Urban violence is a Dem problem. What’s more it’s a stuffshot problem. Bc YOU vote for these dumbasses. And I’d bet anything you don’t even live in a city. Just sucking up msnbc bs

As for trump he was at a cop wake. Harris prejudges cops as murderers. Wake up. You’re yawning

"They"?

Yeah, you are really an expert ... on stereotyping people. Does this break your mold?

Gun violence belongs to the republicans 🤣🤣🤣. In stl city every murder thus far save one has been by a black person. Guns can be had in minutes and no one committing these murders cares about legislation and they sure as shit aren’t going to bass pro shop to buy it.

Between these two there were 35 priors. Including robbery and attempted murder. Ny for years had determinations predicated on flight risk not danger. The most dangerous cities in America are run by Dems. Many progressives. Make no mistake. Urban violence is a Dem problem. What’s more it’s a stuffshot problem. Bc YOU vote for these dumbasses. And I’d bet anything you don’t even live in a city. Just sucking up msnbc bs

As for trump he was at a cop wake. Harris prejudges cops as murderers. Wake up.
The irrational opposition to gun control is a Republican problem. Significantly, nothing in your "response" denied that the Republicans oppose gun control solely in order to get elected and reelected. You and I both know that is the reason Republicans always oppose gun control --- always.

Legislation that reduces the number of guns would in fact reduce the use of guns as well. But your Republican buddies always oppose it. You.

Making it harder to buy guns so that criminals could no longer get guns "in minutes" (as you posted) would be a good idea, yet Republicans oppose such steps. You.

Making it harder to buy guns so that criminals could no longer get guns with "35 priors" "including robbery and attempted murder" (as you posted) would be a good idea, yet Republicans oppose such steps. You.

And yes, Trump went to a cop wake which even you recognize was a byproduct of the Republican opposition to gun control. Republicans oppose solutions to the problem and then hypocritically worship Trump for hypocritically acting like he cares. That's you, too.

Quit trying to deny it. It's obvious.

• Haha
The irrational opposition to gun control is a Republican problem. Significantly, nothing in your "response" denied that the Republicans oppose gun control solely in order to get elected and reelected. You and I both know that is the reason Republicans always oppose gun control --- always.

Legislation that reduces the number of guns would in fact reduce the use of guns as well. But your Republican buddies always oppose it. You.

Making it harder to buy guns so that criminals could no longer get guns "in minutes" (as you posted) would be a good idea, yet Republicans oppose such steps. You.

Making it harder to buy guns so that criminals could no longer get guns with "35 priors" "including robbery and attempted murder" (as you posted) would be a good idea, yet Republicans oppose such steps. You.

And yes, Trump went to a cop wake which even you recognize was a byproduct of the Republican opposition to gun control. Republicans oppose solutions to the problem and then hypocritically worship Trump for hypocritically acting like he cares. That's you, too.

Quit trying to deny it. It's obvious.
what's patently obvious to me is that you have no ability to think for yourself. that you get entertainment news from sources that brainwash you. let this sink in. the city of stl, 150,000 blacks will have twice as many murders as the entire state of west virginia. 2 million people. there are counties in missouri that have the same number of citizens as the city of saint louis and they will have zero murders. but you want to take their guns because progressives in cities refuse to enforce the law? because dems demand zero accountability from the black community because they are so beholden to them for votes. that bail matters and letting someone out with 14 priors as the progressives love to do probably isnt a good idea. that attacking cops may make people not want to be cops and that social workers aren't cops and that we actually need cops.

you are so lost in your hyper partisan nonsense that you're like an automaton at this point. zero point arguing at you. it's not a debate. you lack the ability

and i don't give two shits about guns. regulate the hell out of them. go for it. but it won't make a difference where crime is so prevalent. those guns are on the streets and there are hundreds of millions of htem.

stop yawning and wake up. you're asleep

• Love
Reactions: DANC
Cops love trump. All my cop buddies (black and white) are all in on maga and trump. To a person. Once a given for
When were police ever mostly Democrats? I’ve only got a couple police friends, but they can’t stand him. Two black, one white.

what's patently obvious to me is that you have no ability to think for yourself. that you get entertainment news from sources that brainwash you. let this sink in. the city of stl, 150,000 blacks will have twice as many murders as the entire state of west virginia. 2 million people. there are counties in missouri that have the same number of citizens as the city of saint louis and they will have zero murders. but you want to take their guns because progressives in cities refuse to enforce the law? because dems demand zero accountability from the black community because they are so beholden to them for votes. that bail matters and letting someone out with 14 priors as the progressives love to do probably isnt a good idea. that attacking cops may make people not want to be cops and that social workers aren't cops and that we actually need cops.

you are so lost in your hyper partisan nonsense that you're like an automaton at this point. zero point arguing at you. it's not a debate. you lack the ability

and i don't give two shits about guns. regulate the hell out of them. go for it. but it won't make a difference where crime is so prevalent. those guns are on the streets and there are hundreds of millions of htem.

stop yawning and wake up. you're asleep
I'm not asleep. You and I agree on this you posted: "i don't give two shits about guns. regulate the hell out of them. go for it."

The Republicans won't let you and me do this. So, on this issue, stop supporting them.

You should have stayed with Desantis.

• Haha
I'm not asleep. You and I agree on this you posted: "i don't give two shits about guns. regulate the hell out of them. go for it."

The Republicans won't let you and me do this. So, on this issue, stop supporting them.

You should have stayed with Desantis.
You focus on a mosquito bite when stage four cancer is the problem. You’re lost on this issue with your partisan bullshit - per usual. Go back to bed

I have to dye eggs with the kids

President Joe Biden and two other former presidents descended on Manhattan today for what was the party of the year! At Radio City Music Hall, Biden threw a campaign fundraiser featuring special guests such as Lizzo and Stephen Colbert. The event shattered fundraising records bringing in over 25 million dollars! For the the low, low price of $100K you could even have your picture taken with all three presidents (Obama, Clinton, Biden). What a steal! I'm sure this was a cant miss event.

Meanwhile, former President Trump also made a trip to the NYC area today. Not Manhattan; Long Island. He was attending the Wake of slain NYPD officer Jonathan Diller. The first NYPD officer killed in the line of duty since 2022. Diller was killed by a 21 time arrested, career criminal who had a shank in his rectum when he was ultimately picked up by police, planning for his next stay in prison.

Our other three Presidents, past and present, will not be attending the Wake or funeral. President Biden plans to visit Baltimore, but has not yet. He can be forgiven, it is a full 1 hour by car from the White House.
Yeah this is reminiscent of Trump's trip to visit/support "Union workers" in Detroit, where his campaign paid people to pretend to be Union workers, in a "rally of workers" in a non-Union shop.

Pretty sure a fundraiser of this size was planned long ago, long before the officer was even killed. Much less the day of his wake being scheduled. Do you really think that if Trump already had something on his schedule,that he would have cancelled it to attend the wake?

I'm sure something noteworthy that Trump could attend to pretend to show how much he cares will end up being scheduled next week on the same day as Trump's MAL fundraiser. I'm equally sure that barring a national disaster there is no way Trump will cancel and inconvenience the fundraising heavy hitters who are scheduled to attend...

The fundraiser was important because the $$ raised will continue to allow Biden the advantage on advertising and organization. More campaign offices and staff in more states, means the Dems will have the means to reach their supporters, do all the behind the scenes "boring stuff" and mobilize their constituence for early voting and mail in campaigns. It will also help down ballot Dems to have financial advantages over their MAGA counterparts, who aren't getting financial support because it's all going to Trump and his legal fees.

Spending money on his legal bills is probably the wisest possible use of his campaign funds if it avoids a conviction before the election.

What will be really interesting is if he wins and gets convicted in between the election and inauguration.
I don't think a pre-election conviction is even necessary. Just having the trial underway, and allowing people to hear the evdience and see it presented will be disaster for Trump. He's already losing among independents, and either of his Federal cases are going to present issues that will cause him to be regarded even less favorably...

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and UncleMark
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT