ADVERTISEMENT

8 kids wounded in the KC shooting.

They aren’t now and I doubt they will be in three years either. Let the KC police do their jobs. I don’t know how much time others have spent in KC, but I’ve spent a lot of time there. I think they’ll do OK here.
Super high crime. Record murders.

They aren’t now and I doubt they will be in three years either. Let the KC police do their jobs. I don’t know how much time others have spent in KC, but I’ve spent a lot of time there. I think they’ll do OK here.

These kids deserve to be tried as adults. They murdered and injured many, including a ton of kids. All of these were innocent people.

They need to be tortured. At the very least, their breaths should be taken

Reactions: jet812
These kids deserve to be tried as adults. They murdered and injured many, including a ton of kids. All of these were innocent people.

They need to be tortured. At the very least, their breaths should be taken
I agree. We’ll see what happens.

They could make it harder to get a gun. Who shoot deer with an AR-15.?
AR15's are becoming more popular as a hunting rifle because of its modularity. A person can own one AR lower and standard .223/5.56 mags but have multiple uppers in different calibers and use standard mags as long as overall length doesn't exceed 45mm. You can also get caliber specific mags that fit in the AR15 lower.
Sure there is.

We need to profile, we need stop and frisk, we need to stop thinking black on black criminal justice leniency is an answer to black on black street violence., we need to impose strict sentencing rules for gun crimes, we need to enforce Juvie gun carry laws etc. Once we start this, then we can focus on root causes like absent fathers and crappy education.

But we cannot curb the street gun violence like we see every single day in every large urban area with pablum like universal background checks and other measures to make it harder for bubba to buy a gun.

Mass shootings using semi-auto weapons is a different problem. For this we need to repeal immunity laws. We need to treat semi-auto weapons differently at point of sale than, say, a .22 or shotgun. We need better access to mental health and other records of violent tendency specific to semi-auto weapon transaction. We need different regulations for high velocity ammo transactions than we have for .22 ammo.

There are lots of things to be done if we aren’t blinkered by ideology.
I don't think we need stop and frisk. Those who support that aren't at risk of getting their personal space randomly violated by cops. It gives them too much power over individuals. I just don't trust cops to use discretion. The other stuff I agree with.

So what velocity would you suggest as a cutoff for what is considered high velocity? You mention .22 ammo. Are you saying anything that isn't .22lr should be regulated differently? Because there are variants of .22 caliber rimfire cartridges that exceed 2000 fps. Only one of which can be fired through an AR15, and that would be the .22lr with a drop in conversion kit.

Then you also have .17 HMR and some variants, which is a smaller caliber than .22, that have velocities over 2000 fps and up to 3000 fps. There is also .22-250 and .220 Swift as examples of .22 caliber rounds that can exceed 4000 fps. These are too long for an AR15 so primarily used in bolt action rifles.

AR15's are becoming more popular as a hunting rifle because of its modularity. A person can own one AR lower and standard .223/5.56 mags but have multiple uppers in different calibers and use standard mags as long as overall length doesn't exceed 45mm. You can also get caliber specific mags that fit in the AR15 lower.

I don't think we need stop and frisk. Those who support that aren't at risk of getting their personal space randomly violated by cops. It gives them too much power over individuals. I just don't trust cops to use discretion. The other stuff I agree with.

So what velocity would you suggest as a cutoff for what is considered high velocity? You mention .22 ammo. Are you saying anything that isn't .22lr should be regulated differently? Because there are variants of .22 caliber rimfire cartridges that exceed 2000 fps. Only one of which can be fired through an AR15, and that would be the .22lr with a drop in conversion kit.

Then you also have .17 HMR and some variants, which is a smaller caliber than .22, that have velocities over 2000 fps and up to 3000 fps. There is also .22-250 and .220 Swift as examples of .22 caliber rounds that can exceed 4000 fps. These are too long for an AR15 so primarily used in bolt action rifles.
I do not trust cops, They shoot 2 many black kids in the back.

I don't think outlawing guns is going to end illegal guns. But it offers the opportunity to catch people. An example is pseudoephedrine. You can google it, the change to the amount of that drug people can buy caught up some innocent people and some guilty people. It just gave us ways to find meth makers.

Heck, how often do we hear of people getting caught by hiring an undercover officer to carry out a hit?

What sort of events do we need to create that make it not very intrusive for a law-abiding citizen to buy a gun yet leave room to intercept someone who is specifically buying to kill many others? What is between Texas and no red flag law and the UK? There has to be something that allows us to intercept the bad guy before he has the gun out, finger on the trigger, and pointed at a target. At that moment, prevention is out the out the door.
How could it? If you outlaw guns then by definition all guns would be illegal.

I dont think you can be "not very intrusive" when there isnt a great way to tell what someones intent is when buying a weapon. There have been shooters who had people report concerns to the FBI and they failed to adequately respond to those tips.

Red flag laws should be narrow in scope if they are to exist. You need a way to prevent someone with a grudge, like an ex wife or girlfriend, from calling in a fabricated or false report to have weapons seized.

Black kid shot 2 white cops and 1 white fireman in Minneapolis this weekend.. white folk just don’t get it.
Thats terrible ulrey, I can say the same thing about the black kids shot 6 x in the back coming home from work in Ohio or the officers involved shooting in Minnasota, North Carolina and Florida.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT