ADVERTISEMENT

$4.69 A GALLON!!!! WTF!!!!!

Sounds like you need to upskill or get a better job if things are so tight.

While I see prices going up, I live well below my means so still able to save thousands each month. 401k for me and 403b for wife both near all time highs. Things are pretty solid with plenty of jobs to be had. Hope things improve for you.
That's great. Just think if Trump was in office you would have thousands more, but we have the guy who showers with his daughter and trixie. What a great country!

We are going to have to incur some short term “pain”. We have to start an industry correction. Covid changed my opinion
The main thing we produce in Pakistan costs us $15 a unit and includes shipping. There’s a factory outside of kc that has the equipment to make. This year they would be $70 a unit. I do agree with you but I’m not sure consumers would be ready for that shock. I know our customer (small businesses) would not be able to handle that cost increase

The main thing we produce in Pakistan costs us $15 a unit and includes shipping. There’s a factory outside of kc that has the equipment to make. This year they would be $70 a unit. I do agree with you but I’m not sure consumers would be ready for that shock. I know our customer (small businesses) would not be able to handle that cost increase
To paraphrase Hillary Clinton, we can’t worry about every undercapitalized business.

Let's get this done!

To paraphrase Hillary Clinton, we can’t worry about every undercapitalized business.

Let's get this done!
Something like 85 percent of the products in Walmart are made in china. The other thing people don’t get is that the infrastructure for so much of this stuff is already overseas. So now are you not only bringing it back where you have regs and work comp and higher wages etc you have to again reinvest here. And who is to say people want these shitty jobs. Immigrants maybe

Reactions: DANC

Let's get this done!
There is a push to get the supply chain closer to north/South America. Not enough population to do the jobs is coming. Education system isn’t geared to handle the skill jobs needed. There is a ton of money to be made in the trades. The Big universities will be competing even more for students.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Something like 85 percent of the products in Walmart are made in china. The other thing people don’t get is that the infrastructure for so much of this stuff is already overseas. So now are you not only bringing it back where you have regs and work comp and higher wages etc you have to again reinvest here. And who is to say people want these shitty jobs. Immigrants maybe
I was being a bit of a shitposter with my paraphrase of Hillary. Simple solutions are long gone if your goal is not to burn down large portions of the economy.

Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
People shouldn't live in Chicago and drive luxury cars if they can't afford premium gas. At the very least, they should keep their mouth shut and reflect on their privilege.
What about regular?

Current Avg.$4.345
Yesterday Avg.$4.349
Week Ago Avg.$4.359
Month Ago Avg.$4.405
Year Ago Avg.$4.452

What about regular?

Current Avg.$4.345
Yesterday Avg.$4.349
Week Ago Avg.$4.359
Month Ago Avg.$4.405
Year Ago Avg.$4.452
Regular is obviously for the poors and is more in line with what we're told to conform to and get comfortable with if we don't like othis economy.

If gas gets too expensive for people, they should either buy an EV or learn to code. #bootstraps

And OPEC still drives most of the market. We could drill thousands more and still not make a giant dent. Why would big oil drill more? They are making record profits while doing less. They don’t care.
True, it’s a global market. However, US has been the leading producer according to EIA since 2018. Regardless, the TFG will promise to drill, drill, drill and, whether that actually happens or not or makes a difference, his followers hear that and believe it alone will lower gas prices. Facts really don’t matter.

Last edited:
True, it’s a global market. However, US has been the leading producer according to EIA since 2018. Regardless, the TFG will promise to drill, drill, drill and, whether that actually happens or not or makes a difference, his followers hear that and believe it alone will lower gas prices. Facts rally don’t matter.
When he says,”cheap oil” I just laugh. Oil companies choose when to pump. They drill most of the leases but don’t complete some until they have too. Record profits without spending is the dream for them. Some people still don’t believe we are producing more than ever.

I got a question maybe you can answer. Is the reserve oil in reserve for emergency situations? If it is then is it wise to release it? Why not just open up drilling in America?
I'm not the best person to answer that, but I do believe the oil reserves are meant partially for emergencies, but also to prevent disruptions in supply.

I got a question maybe you can answer. Is the reserve oil in reserve for emergency situations? If it is then is it wise to release it? Why not just open up drilling in America?
This is gas not oil. We have both in reserve. I’m still buying gas at $3 bucks a gallon. Gas is not high. It’s state and local taxes. We are breaking production records and big oil has record profits. They don’t want cheaper oil. Pretty sure this is the first time this has been done. (Releasing gas).

Last edited:
Reactions: Indymoon
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT